Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 18, 2014, 06:37:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat(1)  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Yes there is...  (Read 3857 times)
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« on: June 20, 2008, 02:36:18 PM »

So the Phoenix Mars lander discovered ice  rolleyes These scientist act like a bunch of giddy kids in a new toy store every time they think they found ice/water on another planet. At least the news article make it sound that way. 

Here's the thing.

1.) They think the water on Earth came from Comets striking the Earth for billions of years.
2.) The comets zip around our solar system.
3.) Anything in this solar system has more than likely been struck by a few comets over the course  of 6 billion years.
4.) Therefore  anything in this solar system more than likely has water on it.

Yes even our moon.
Yes the gas planets also.

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
Keith13
Super Bee

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2008, 02:43:28 PM »

I agree but the thing is Mars is about the only place that might be reachable

Keith
poka-bee
Super Bee

I am NEVER bored!!

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2008, 05:49:16 PM »

I think the kids on Mars love it when the little car things fall from the sky.... evil  We should send more!!  Jody

I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard
Frantz
Field Bee

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2008, 07:48:37 PM »

Mars is nothing, we should be exploring titan, Saturns moon. It not only has water, but an atmosphere similar to earths and it has volcanos that erupt and everything. The moon has a surface temp of about negative 300 degress F, So the canyons and river valleys are actually created by erosion from liquid methane that falls from the sky like rain and flows like water does here on our planet. The volcanos actually erupt an ooze of water and amonia that flows like lava. Slow and gooey. It is slowly heating up and getting warmer, the atmosphere is getting thicker and global warming is starting to kick in. The democrats will blame that us conservatives too!! But anyway,I can't wait to go there. It just sounds cool to me.
Its no SanDiego, but it sounds somewhat hospitable to me.

Don't be yourself, "Be the man you would want your daughters to marry!!"
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2008, 08:35:03 PM »

Guess what just came about... 
They say, "Common sense tell us there is nothing." but I say the opposite. Common sense would say there is water.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080709/sc_nm/moon_water_dc

New scans show evidence of water on the moon

By Maggie Fox, Health and Science Editor
Wed Jul 9, 2:02 PM ET

Tiny green and orange glass balls brought back from the moon nearly 40 years ago by astronauts show evidence that water existed there from the very beginning, scientists reported on Wednesday.

They used a new method of analyzing elements in the lunar sand samples to show strong evidence of water, dating back 3 billion years.

Their study, published in the journal Nature, could support evidence that water persists in shadowed craters on the moon's surface -- and that the water could be native to the moon and not carried there by comets.

Most scientists believe the moon was formed when a Mars-size body collided with Earth 4.5 billion years ago.

The giant impact would have melted both proto-planets and sent molten debris into orbit around the Earth.

Some of this would have eventually coalesced into the moon, but the heat of the impact would have vaporized light elements such as the hydrogen and oxygen needed to make water -- theoretically, anyway.

Erik Hauri of the Carnegie Institution for Science in Washington had developed a technique called secondary ion mass spectrometry or SIMS, which could detect minute amounts of elements in samples. His team was using it to find evidence of water in the Earth's molten mantle.

"Then one day I said, 'Look, why don't we go and try it on the moon glass?"' Alberto Saal of Brown University, who helped lead the study, said in a telephone interview.

"It took us three years to convince NASA to fund us."

The space agency was also loath to part with any of the precious samples brought back by astronauts during the Apollo missions in the 1970s.

COMMON SENSE

Saal, Hauri and colleagues were able to get about 40 of the little glass beads and break them apart for analysis.

What they found overturned the conventional wisdom that the moon is dry.

"For 40 years people have tried (to find evidence of water) and were not successful," Saal said.

"Common sense tell us there is nothing."

Saal's team did not find water directly, but they did measure hydrogen, and it resembled the measurements they have done to detect hydrogen, and eventually water, in samples from Earth's mantle.

The evidence shows that the hydrogen in the sample vaporized during volcanic activity that would be similar to lava spurts seen on Earth today.

"We looked at many factors over a wide range of cooling rates that would affect all the volatiles simultaneously and came up with the right mix," said James Van Orman, a former Carnegie researcher now at Case Western Reserve University.

"It suggests the intriguing possibility that the moon's interior might have had as much water as the Earth's upper mantle," Hauri said in a statement.

"But even more intriguing -- if the moon's volcanoes released 95 percent of their water, where did all that water go?"

Some might still remain at the poles, frozen in the shadows of craters, he speculated. Several lunar missions have found just such evidence.

"If parts of the lunar mantle contain as much water as Earth's, does this imply that the water has a common origin?" Marc Chaussidon of the Centre de Recherches Petrographiques et Geochimiques in Vandoeuvre-les-Nancy, France, asked in a commentary in Nature.

More analysis might answer that question.

"We will pressure NASA for more samples," Saal said.

(Editing by Jackie Frank)

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

SgtMaj
Queen Bee

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2008, 04:02:00 AM »

They aren't excited just because they found water exists on Mars... we've KNOWN that there's plenty of water on mars for a long time.  This find is exciting because we can get to this water, and test it for evidence of microbial life.  For years scientists have suspected that life existed at least at some point in time, on Mars, now they have a chance to prove it.
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2008, 09:27:12 AM »

Well they should ask me and save all those billions of bucks.

There isn't any kind of life on Mars. Never has been.

Jerry

Keith13
Super Bee

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2008, 09:28:46 AM »

Well they should ask me and save all those billions of bucks.

There isn't any kind of life on Mars. Never has been.

How can you say that? Never is a loooonnnnggg time

Keith
poka-bee
Super Bee

I am NEVER bored!!

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2008, 09:33:36 AM »

If there's no life on Mars..who keeps taking our remote control buggy dealies??? rolleyes

I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2008, 09:51:37 AM »

If there's no life on Mars..who keeps taking our remote control buggy dealies??? rolleyes

Those little critters that live in the sofa of course  rolleyes Duh

Jerry

johnnybigfish
Super Bee

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2008, 03:27:47 PM »

My buddy Paul still thinks that we never walked on the moon..He thinks it was all a hollywood stunt.
remember THAT idea going around years ago?

your friend,
john

Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2008, 07:21:07 PM »

Have you listened to them talking about going back to the moon and all the major problems and headaches that they will have trying to accomplish that?

Hmmm.

The Apollo space crafts that did it before had the computing ability of a digital wrist watch. We have much more technology, improved metals, all kinds of stuff. We did it before surely we could hop right over there in the next three years. Remember it was John Kennedy in 1963 talking about getting there before the decade was out. And 6 years later, there we were. So why will it take so long now?

Perhaps we never were there  huh   

Jerry

SgtMaj
Queen Bee

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2008, 08:35:01 PM »

A: They don't have the budget for it anymore... and politicians are considering even more cutbacks, but they had all the budget they could ask for back in the 1960's.

B: We've lost the stomache for risking human life for the sake of exploration... Since the Challenger and Discovery incidents, they act like the people who go up shouldn't have to risk anything for such acheivements.

C: There's no real benefit to going back to the moon.  Ever notice how we're not even bothering to send probes or anything like that to the moon?  It's been explored to the point where we deem it useless to return (unless of course we opt to use a moon launch to get to mars, but that is not likely as there are more benefits to launching from a space station). 
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2008, 01:18:12 AM »

Told you there was water on mars

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080801/ap_on_sc/phoenix_mars_7

The Phoenix spacecraft has tasted Martian water for the first time, scientists reported Thursday. By melting icy soil in one of its lab instruments, the robot confirmed the presence of frozen water lurking below the Martian permafrost.

Next answer. No there is no life. Never has been.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience/20080731/sc_livescience/incrediblediscoveriesmadeinremotecaves

"Martian caves have already been detected through techniques developed by this project, and are significant as a potential habitat for microorganisms and other extremophiles that might exist or have existed on Mars,"

Jerry

SgtMaj
Queen Bee

« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2008, 06:29:23 AM »

Next answer. No there is no life. Never has been.

That's also a significant discovery because there was a martian meteorite that contained fossilized protozoa that scientists found very shortly after impact a few decades ago.  So if there is no life on Mars, then the protozoa on the meteorite couldn't have come from Mars, which begs the question, then where did it come from? 

In my mind it also begs the question, was the meteorite really from Mars, or did it just share similar properties as rocks on Mars?  Could it have come from a life-inhabited commet or asteroid perhaps?  It really opens up a lot of questions.

Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2008, 07:33:16 AM »

They are still arguing about that.

Every thing you wanted to know about Martian rocks

http://www2.jpl.nasa.gov/snc/

Jerry

johnnybigfish
Super Bee

« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2008, 05:41:04 PM »

Hmmm,...Imagine if some of that microbacterial stuff got to earth and somehow got into a persons blood...Sounds like a scary movie huh?...But,..It could happen.

your friend,
john

SgtMaj
Queen Bee

« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2008, 12:13:56 AM »

Well, that's what scientists are good at, isn't it?  They argue about everything until they are blue in the face, then keep arguing some more.  They are great at comming up with questions, not so great at answering them.
Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2008, 11:29:25 PM »

Well, that's what scientists are good at, isn't it?  They argue about everything until they are blue in the face, then keep arguing some more.  They are great at comming up with questions, not so great at answering them.

Then, after indoctrinating the world on one of those answers they change their mind a decade later and start preaching something new.
We are now on our 4th theory of how the universe was created in the last 50 years.

They have also proved environmental adaptation but still can't prove evolution or disprove creationism.
What has been pretty exclusively documented is that the Dinosaurs died of suddenly, after a worldwide cataclysmic event.

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
Keith13
Super Bee

« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2008, 08:41:25 AM »

My whole take on intelligent life on other planets or life of any state is, I think it would be a tad bit egotistical to think in all the heavens as far as we could ever imagine to look we humans are the only intelligent species that has ever evolved come on I can’t accept that. Do we have any proof? So far no; will we in my life time probably not, but I do believe life in some form is out there.

What about the Drake Equation? I believe the equation helps shed light on some of the possibilities that might be out there. Drake helps people to understand the magnitude and size of the many many galaxies. Humans tend to take a small outlook on the stars as in what we can see. Drake explains the size and scope.

Or, if you are the God fearing type I believe it would be a terrible waste of space to think in all the heavens God decided to create, this is it, only us. God created this immense beautiful universe, which stretches on beyond what man can even imagine, and He only put life on Earth? I believe God did better than that.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next