Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
December 19, 2014, 08:10:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Our new baby is here!!!  (Read 2714 times)
Sean Kelly
Field Bee

I Pick; Therefore I Grin

« on: June 20, 2008, 12:46:53 AM »

Hey guys!

Just wanted to let everyone know that my wife will be going in tomorrow for a c-section!  We're very excited for this new addition to our family and cant wait to meet her (yes, it's a girl.  We cheated and had the ultrasound tech tell us).

We go to the hospital around 10pm for check-in and prep.  Sometime around noon is when the procedure will begin.  Amanda has to have a c-section due to complications we had with our last baby.  Nothing bad.. actually kinda good since she won't have to go into labor.  lol.  But recovery time sucks.

I'm taking off 2 weeks of work to take care of the family.  It's a slight financial strain, but completely worth it.  Family always comes first.

For all you ham radio operators out there, this also means I'll be home for FIELD DAY!!!  This will be the first field day I'll be able to participate in (always cause of my stupid work schedule) over 8 years!  Don't worry, I'll take my headphones off every half hour to check in on the wife.  smiley

We ask that you keep us all in your prayers tomorrow.  I'll definitely be posting pictures as soon as I can make it home to upload some.

Blessings,

Sean Kelly
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 06:39:06 PM by Sean Kelly » Logged

"My son,  eat  thou honey,  because it is good;  and the honeycomb,  which is sweet  to thy taste"          - Proverbs 24:13
qa33010
Field Bee

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2008, 02:13:34 AM »

Sean, let us know how it goes...please.  Congratulations on a daughter.  I love and am very protective of mine, though they can drive me to distraction at times.

When is field day.  My son will be heading out to summer camp this Sunday (day after return from Band Camp which was right after church youth trip) they are trying to get more scouts involved here with the HAM operators.  It is that field day right?  Around the world?

Everyone said it couldn't be done. But he with a chuckle replied, "I won't be one to say it is so, until I give it a try."  So he buckled right in with a trace of a grin.  If he had a worry he hid it and he started to sing as he tackled that thing that couldn't be done, and he did it.  (unknown)
Sean Kelly
Field Bee

I Pick; Therefore I Grin

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2008, 03:52:55 AM »

When is field day.  My son will be heading out to summer camp this Sunday (day after return from Band Camp which was right after church youth trip) they are trying to get more scouts involved here with the HAM operators.  It is that field day right?  Around the world?

That's great about getting scouts involved with Amateur Radio!  It's so important for today's youth to learn about this awesome hobby.  I got my license 12 years ago when I was 17 and wish I knew about it earlier.

Yep, it's that field day where all the hams around the world try to get as many contacts as possible in 2 days.  But the best part of Field day is just hanging with other hams (friends or just club members), having a BBQ, and playing with radios outside.  My first field day experience was when I still had my Tech license and could only operate VHF/UHF.  I was stuck in my own corner of the property in a tent all by my self doing 2 meter SSB while everyone else was running the big guns over on the other side on 20/40/80 meters.  Well  you know what, I got more contacts then the rest of the guys and had a blast!  That was about 8 years ago and I can't wait to play again this year after all this time.  Unfortunately I'm gunna be by my self and not with friends or a club.  Just me and my old Kenwood TS-120s on 20 meters.  Still gunna be a blast.  Hopefully the weather will be nice so I can set up outside!!!

Maybe we should start another thread for Ham Radio and Field Day?  lol

I'll keep everyone posted on the baby!

73's de W7SPK

Sean Kelly

"My son,  eat  thou honey,  because it is good;  and the honeycomb,  which is sweet  to thy taste"          - Proverbs 24:13
mick
Queen Bee

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2008, 07:10:12 AM »

Cmon, has she popped out yet???

Sean Kelly
Field Bee

I Pick; Therefore I Grin

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2008, 11:11:58 AM »

No baby yet!  We go in today at 10am to get all set up and the surgery begins at noon (pacific standard time).  Amanda's mom is down from Beaverton Oregon to help out around the house and to be here for the birth, which is really nice!  Our 3 year old daughter Gracie is very excited to be a big sister!

Got a run!  Need to get some stuff packed in the car, eat breakfast, and shower!!!

Say a prayer!!!

Sean Kelly

poka-bee
Super Bee

I am NEVER bored!!

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2008, 11:36:41 AM »

Sean, Amanda & Gracie you will be in my thoughts & prayers all day!  The happiest of days when a new life joins the family!  Pics soon please??  Ha Ha Guys, I'm close enough to see & hold her!!!!  That is if Sean says it's ok.. huh  Jody

I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard
JoelinGA
House Bee

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2008, 12:20:13 PM »

Good luck and best wishes!!
Sean Kelly
Field Bee

I Pick; Therefore I Grin

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2008, 01:17:48 PM »

The baby is here!  I'm sending this from my cell phone so sorry for the short message.  Baby was born at 12:48pm yesterday.  7lbs 3oz  19 1/2 in.  Yes Jody visitors are welcome.  In room 135.  Call my cell when you get here.  - Sean Kelly

Frantz
Field Bee

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2008, 02:49:03 PM »

Congrats Sean,
The more kids the more better. I only have three, they are a pain at times but well worth it.
Fill us in with pics when you can.
F

Don't be yourself, "Be the man you would want your daughters to marry!!"
JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2008, 04:13:49 PM »

Congratulations Sean!!

...JP

"Good friends are as sweet as honey" Winne the Pooh

My pictures can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

My website JPthebeeman.com http://www.jpthebeeman.com/jpthebeeman/
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2008, 08:16:32 PM »

congrats sean.  looking forward to many pics.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Frantz
Field Bee

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2008, 08:17:56 PM »

Sean,
Boy or Girl??

JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2008, 08:23:06 PM »

Hey guys!

Just wanted to let everyone know that my wife will be going in tomorrow for a c-section!  We're very excited for this new addition to our family and cant wait to meet her (yes, it's a girl.  We cheated and had the ultrasound tech tell us).

We go to the hospital around 10pm for check-in and prep.  Sometime around noon is when the procedure will begin.  Amanda has to have a c-section due to complications we had with our last baby.  Nothing bad.. actually kinda good since she won't have to go into labor.  lol.  But recovery time sucks.

I'm taking off 2 weeks of work to take care of the family.  It's a slight financial strain, but completely worth it.  Family always comes first.

For all you ham radio operators out there, this also means I'll be home for FIELD DAY!!!  This will be the first field day I'll be able to participate in (always cause of my stupid work schedule) over 8 years!  Don't worry, I'll take my headphones off every half hour to check in on the wife.  smiley

We ask that you keep us all in your prayers tomorrow.  I'll definitely be posting pictures as soon as I can make it home to upload some.

Blessings,

Sean Kelly

Frantz, you can get the answer here, by reading the above. Next time pay attention, you may get a pop quiz! grin

...JP

"Good friends are as sweet as honey" Winne the Pooh

My pictures can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

My website JPthebeeman.com http://www.jpthebeeman.com/jpthebeeman/
eri
House Bee

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2008, 09:14:15 PM »

Congrats! I have to say the birth of my two were the two most memorable experiences in my life.

Name yet? (took us a week to name the second -- he was officially Baby Boy Smith until we had to register him for public school kindergarten. We had to figure out who he was first).

On Pleasure
Kahlil Gibran
And to both, bee and flower, the giving and the receiving of pleasure is a need and an ecstasy.
People of Orphalese, be in your pleasures like the flowers and the bees.
Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2008, 12:47:32 AM »

No baby yet!  We go in today at 10am to get all set up and the surgery begins at noon (pacific standard time).  Amanda's mom is down from Beaverton Oregon to help out around the house and to be here for the birth, which is really nice!  Our 3 year old daughter Gracie is very excited to be a big sister!

Got a run!  Need to get some stuff packed in the car, eat breakfast, and shower!!!

Say a prayer!!!

Sean Kelly

Note 1: North is always up....Amanda's mother is up from Beaverton, Ore.
Note 2: Melatonin helps you get to sleep when the babies crying has kept you up half the night.

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
Frantz
Field Bee

« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2008, 12:54:38 AM »

Congrats again Sean,
Thanks JP for the " Its a girl" clarity. I was hoping for a boy and of course then I would suggest Frantz as a great name. I guess we could still call her Frances. That would work.
Good luck Sean, You are in our prayers.
F

mick
Queen Bee

« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2008, 05:02:33 AM »

Congrats to you and the Mrs mate, Im very happy all went well and she is and healthy and the Mrs certainly lived up to her end of the bargain!

When you sober up, just think one thing lol, BOYFRIENDS!
Sean Kelly
Field Bee

I Pick; Therefore I Grin

« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2008, 06:38:23 PM »

Hey everyone!

We finally just got home from the hospital with our new little bundle who's sleeping right now.  I made the mistake of trying to pick up the medications from the pharmacy on the way home instead of dropping the girls off and making a second trip.  I was held up at the drug store for a half hour in which time my baby started crying.  Mommy had to climb out of the front seat and into the back of our van by herself with that giant wound on her belly from the c-section!  I felt terrible.  But we're home now and all is good.

The baby was born at 12:48pm on the 20th (1st day of summer!!!).  She weighed 7lbs 3oz and was 19 1/2inches long.  We gave her the name of June Audrey Kelly.  Was born with a full head of very dark brown hair (almost black like her daddy's) and deep blue eyes.  The surgery went perfectly.  This was a planned c-section, unlike our first daughter who was an emergency c-section after mommy had already been in labor for 12 hours.  With this one, Amanda was calm through the whole procedure and had no pain until hours after the surgery, much easier than before.  Momma and the baby are perfectly fine and there were no complications.  A real blessing!  The only issue we have is on June's lip, nose, and forehead are these little dark dots which the doctor called "Stork Bites".  These are pretty common and usually fade before their 1st birthday but in some cases will last their entire life.  They're hardly noticeable and I personally don't think it will be any issue since she's so beautiful anyway.

Her 3 year old big sister Gracie has been so loving and wonderful to her new sister, it's so cute!  But there is already a little bit of jealousy.  Hopefully tomorrow Gracie and I can have some father-daughter time alone so mommy can get some rest while Grandma helps around the house.  We're going to go pick out her very own and first Pink Barbie fishing pole kit so we can go down to the U-Fish down hill in Orting.  This way daddy can also dust off his fly rod and try to get one of those hungry giant Rainbow trout they have there.  lol

Anyways, thank you everyone for your blessings and prayers.

Sean, Amanda, Grace, and June Kelly

Daddy's little June Bug

Mommy and June

Mommy, my Gracie Bee, and June Bug

Daddy Bear, Gracie Bee, and June Bug just minutes after June was born.

poka-bee
Super Bee

I am NEVER bored!!

« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2008, 07:09:21 PM »

Sean, you are truly blessed to have such a beautiful family!  June is gorgeous!  Gracie will adjust just fine to the new sibling, UNTIL little sister is able to get around & into Gracie's things!!! Then it's a whole new world!  Barbi fishing pole, what a lucky girl! Wink  Grace will be so proud to bring dinner home for Mom & Grandma!  When can I come see her??  Good thing Grandma is there to make sure Amanda rests!  Congratulations! Make sure you get pics of Gracie w/her fish!! You guys did good!!
Jody

I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2008, 08:01:12 PM »

Great to see such a Happy family!!I'm sure Gracie is going to be a great big sister.This makes her so much more grown up!!happy DAys ahead!!
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next