Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 25, 2014, 10:58:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: You don't like hearing Merry Christmas - get over it!  (Read 6007 times)
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2004, 11:27:39 AM »

I have to say that I am against politicle parties. I have watched C-SPAN a few times. I had noticed that many times a person would be against something but later would vote for it because that person didn't want to go against his/her party. There are many people that don't really pay attention to what the candidates are saying and come voting day they have no idea who stands for what, they don't have to because they will vote for who ever is running in their party.

I think a lot of great changes would have been made a lot sooner had soom or all of these not happened because of the partys.

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
Kris^
Field Bee

« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2004, 12:42:06 PM »

Quote from: Robo

Care to elaborate with some examples?

The whole DOMA/"Marriage Amendment" movement, federally and in some state legislatures, comes to the top of my mind.  There are others, too -- legislation to bar the judiciary from hearing cases Constitutional challenges to the phrase "under God" in the Pledge of Allegiance being another quick example.

I bet there are more folks here with Libertarian beliefs when it comes to social policies than you realize.

I actually believe you are right, Robo.  I don't single anyone out; I believe we tend to be generally a patient, "live and let live" kind of crowd.  If beekeeping has taught me anythin, it's patience!  It's just that, well, I tend to view the phrase "bite me" as a challenge rather than an invitation, is all.  But I feel calmer now.

Seasons Greetings, everyone!

-- Kris
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2004, 01:47:02 PM »

I'm gonna write the Administrator of this forum and see that such terms as God, Christmas, Jesus, Leftist, Rightist, ACLU, Baby Daddys, 30 year old Welfare Grandmoms and Bite Me - be added to the forum censorship list. I believe that the forum has become a cesspool of free speech and it must stop!

Actually, I will admit that the title of this original post could have been worded a bit differently, but all the posts sure have been lively. If nothing else, the administrator of the forum (who shall remain nameless  shocked  ) must admit that "even in the day of the Internet" the keyboard is as mighty as the sword!

Merry #@#@&%$ and a Happy ^%&*$% everyone!!!

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
BigRog
House Bee

« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2004, 03:50:19 PM »

I cannot see how one can legislate immorality. How will they force you under penalty of law to be immoral? You have control of your minor child until they are of legal age, and while you can get in trouble for hitting your child I don't think that a spanking has been prosecuted, unless it was out of hand. But I think that what really matters to how your child is raised are a couple of things. Lead by example. Your child will learn more from watching you than from listening to you. Be consistant. If there is a reward due it must be given when promised, just as if you tell your child if you do that then...... You have to back that up, even if it means cancelling your plans for the evening or weekend. Show them that you love them, that you might be mad at what they've done but you still love them. Sounds simple but hard to do. I honestly don't think that it is nessacary to hit your kid.

"Lurch my good man,…what did you mean when you said just now that 'You've got better things to do than run my petty little errands'…….?"
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2004, 04:52:12 PM »

I was just checking this post/replies as Rog posted the message about child rearing. I have to go back and see the referring post, but he is very much right that sensible punnishment isn't too harsh, but is meaningful. Children need parents, not parents who would rather be friends for most of their growing years - there is plenty of time for being friends later, but when they are growing parents should be parents.

Then we look at todays families: both p[arents intact, single moms or dads, two moms or two dads, every conceivable combination and then kids who literally raise themselves. It ain't Leave it to Beaver anymore, today with divorce in the US at about 60% and remarriage or cohabitation between different and same sex, you really wonder how kids make it to adulthood without therapy.

I know of too many dysfunctional families, so many "parents" not worth the powder to blow them to Hell (quote from Momma) just making their way from one party to another, not giving two squats for the kids they drag with them or leave behind.

I tend to think that MOST if not all of the people in this forum are more functional that average - The theme of these forums, the friendship and caring nature of the members ALL lead me to think that "No matter what life has dealt you, you have always done your best to come out on top!"

But don't forget that there are many people who would rather snort, shoot or smoke or swallow drugs than to raise the kids they irresponcibly brought into this world. I know first hand families who should never have had kids, luckily had them taken away and sadly had them returned - all the while, the only ones hurt were the kids, the parents blamed everyone except themselves and sadly, the kids will follow from their parents examples.

So it doesn't take a freakin' village, we are not cannabals or pygmies, we don't live in huts and sit around a communal campfire at night - that "It takes a Village" crap is just more, you can't do anything on your own crap and people eat that BS up - ugh.

It takes parents, willing to raise, love, communicate, play, hug and even punnish their kids when needed - that's what is needed to raise kids, not a freakin' village. You don't need "Time-out" you need "Time-with" your children.

About my reference to "BITE ME" I searched my posts and unless I missed something, the only one I told to Bite Me was the ACLU and (not to forget) told the Leftists they can Bite the ACLU - I stand by that. I'm not picking fights with anyone, I don't think of ANYONE especially in the forums that I have any grudges with - although, if I did they are surely welcome to voice any opinion they have.

To recap the rules for anyone thinking I'm unfair or "one-sided" in the rules of the forum:

1) I have a language filter in place which has approximately 20 words in it. If you use any of these words the word BLEEP replaces the word. The list comprises most common nasty words that I highly doubt you would use around your children. There are a few words which replace certain words, these refer to parts of anatomy since this forum talks about honeybee "parts". At any time, you can suggest words that are offensive and if I missed it in the filter, I'll gladly and swiftly add it to the list.

2) No one is allowed to purposely offend another member in open forum. We deal with people from around the globe and I hope you understand that the WRITTEN WORD often comes off differently then intended in forums, especially if it is NOT the native language of the person writing the post.

There is a huge difference though between insulting someone intentionally and through poor use of the language. Everyone should know that even the COFFEE HOUSE is not a place to beat up on other people. Personal attacks will not be tolerated, whether implicit or explicit.

This rule of course includes attack through private messaging - again, battling out different points of view on ANY SUBJECT is fine, but all parties must want the exchange - you obviously cannot just slam another member whether in public or private with unwanted attacks.

3) No Commercial Advertizing I almost forgot this rule since it doesn't come up very often. But I keep this site free of commercals to keep it credible and to save the membership from having to deal with unwanted advertizing. I do not place ads of any kind on my website and promise that I never will - I expect the same from the membership.

Posting links to your own website (or even beekeeping relate family business) in your profile and/or signature is acceptable - as long as it isn't overly done; such as a banner ad. I'm the only judge on this issue and if I think a signature is excessive, I will quickly inform the member that changes need to be made.

The One Warning Rule

I have never had to go beyond this point and hopefully never will. If wither of the two rules are broken (this is where myself and the moderators come in) the offending member receives a warning to "stop the improper behavior".

The Admin AND Moderators together will evaluate the issue, NOT even the Admin will ban a member without using the One Warning Rule and collaberation with the Moderators UNLESS of course the violation is SO EGREGIOUS that the well being of the forum is at risk - then the violator is GONE which will alway include blocking the IP ADRESS which pretty much takes care of the issue.

Beyond the three rules and the method of warning, there are no rules. I believe that is a fair method of controlling a forum where we have members of all ages. I hope that everyone agrees to the fairness of these rules. They are to protect the membership and to make the experience here enjoyable for all.

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
BigRog
House Bee

« Reply #25 on: December 25, 2004, 05:12:01 AM »

The world goes on because civilized men exist.
Without them it would collapse into mere dust.

Though their minds are as sharp as a rasp,
Men without human decency are as wooden as a tree.

-Tirukkural 100:997-8
Excerpted from the Tirukkural, translated by Satguru Sivaya Subramuniyaswami. Copyright Himalayan Academy Publications, www.himalayanacademy.com.

"Lurch my good man,…what did you mean when you said just now that 'You've got better things to do than run my petty little errands'…….?"
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next