Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
December 18, 2014, 05:33:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nothing  (Read 13340 times)
Horns Pure Honey
House Bee

« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2004, 11:40:41 AM »

I have to go soon to, and I hate to say it but you would have to die to do nothing. Bye

Ryan Horn
BigRog
House Bee

« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2004, 11:47:06 AM »

I guess this all leads to the question "Is Nothing sacred?"

"Lurch my good man,…what did you mean when you said just now that 'You've got better things to do than run my petty little errands'…….?"
Horns Pure Honey
House Bee

« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2004, 11:48:20 AM »

I guess it could be? bye

Ryan Horn
Jay
House Bee

« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2004, 05:18:46 PM »

Ya know,  the more you guys disscuss nothing, the more and more I'm feeling..... yeah......nothing! There it is again.....nothing at all!  Wow, creepy! shocked

By the rude bridge that arched the flood
Their flag to Aprils breeze unfurled
Here once the embattled farmers stood
And fired the shot heard round the world
-Emerson
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2004, 05:29:30 PM »

Didn't Seinfeld do 10 seasons about nothing??? Now THAT'S something!!!

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2004, 05:57:21 PM »

Darn it!!! I never watched Seinfeld. Wonder if the shows are on DVD. Perhaps then I couldlearn all about nothing.

By the way, have any of you ever got nothing in the mail? I asked my daughter what came in the mail and she said nothing. I never could find where she put it. Surely she knows what nothing looks like. Perhaps I will ask her. Speaking of which.... doesn't the post office usually deliver nothing on Sundays and holidays? Why is there all this nothing out there and yet no one can tell me what it looks like.

(I don't know how much farther I can take this.)

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
leominsterbeeman
House Bee

« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2004, 07:19:37 PM »

A black hole isn't nothing, it's everything.     Remember it's so dense that not even light can escape it's dense garavatoinal pull.  I wonder if anything or even nothing can escape a black hole.    I have found nothing.....

Get ready.....  

I'm about to  show you nothing....

Here it is.......

So how was that?

have you been to http://www.nothing.com

beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2004, 08:27:54 PM »

To Quote Wayne Dyer "The only thing that cannot be increased or decreased is SILENCE - you double it or divide it, it is still silence."

As the owner of Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones, I truely wish SILENCE were obtainable - in the real world, our own breath and heartbeat will always be present even as silence is saught. For those who meditate or seek enlightenment beyond the physical body, it is the study of our heartbeat and breath that is key to enlightenment, not listening for for silence, is it even possible to hear silence and isn't that like seeking light in a blackhole?

Follow us on TWITTER

Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2004, 08:46:06 PM »

So leominsterbeeman, just what is it you have shown me?

And why do we keep bringing up black holes under the topic of Nothing?

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

Horns Pure Honey
House Bee

« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2004, 10:30:39 PM »

Becuase in some way, shape, and form a black hole is nothing, just a certain kind of nothing. bye

Ryan Horn
Beth Kirkley
House Bee

« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2004, 11:05:20 PM »

Well.......... I thought a whole lot about nothing on the way to the airport. Nearly three hour drive...... so thinking of nothing seemed logical to me.

In my house, NOTHING is the most horrible thing most of the time. Nothing has been in the closet and under the bed when my kids get scared at night. I have even had serious pain sent me to the hospital that the doctors said was nothing. The doctors even said Chad had nothing, and he stayed sick for a long time. But the doctors were wrong. It turned out to be cancer. Guess we were lucky for that. Smiley Cause as far as I know, doctors haven't found a cure for nothing yet.

Nothing has been on my mind all day.

My son even studies nothing every day after school, and he gets straight A's. My poor daughter studies something almost every school night, and mostly gets B's. But I'm afraid to have her study nothing - she might not do as well as my son. Actually, my son learns nothing every day at school. When he gets home, I ask "what did you do today?" - and he says "nothing". So maybe he would be the better one to teach us about nothing. At 11 years old, he definately knows about nothing.

I've heard strange sounds outside at night, and thought it was something, but it turned out to be nothing. I was very scared. My husband is usually the one to see nothing though, and he must be very brave. I certainly would have been more at ease if it was something rather than nothing.

I have heard that knowing nothing can be a good thing.
For instance:
Nothing is better than having someone love you dearly.
Nothing is better than having all the money in the world.
And .....
Nothing is better than the first smile you see from your baby.

So having nothing would be a grand thing indeed.

Smiley Beth

Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2004, 11:14:46 PM »

Ok OK Beth, if you have a little extra nothing lying around would you send me some?

Jerry

Horns Pure Honey
House Bee

« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2004, 11:16:11 PM »

Very whell put Beth!!! clap clap clap

Ryan Horn
Beth Kirkley
House Bee

« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2004, 11:20:39 PM »

OH most definately Jerrymac. I'd love to send you nothing! Look for it in the mail next Sunday, it'll be there for sure, because you're right - Sunday is the day the post office delivers nothing. Some people have said they've gotten nothing on other days...... but I think it's just that they hadn't checked their mail, and nothing had been in there for days.

Beth

Jay
House Bee

« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2004, 12:37:49 AM »

Beth,

You must have sent me some earlier, because I got nothing in the mail today! Thanks very much! Cheesy

By the rude bridge that arched the flood
Their flag to Aprils breeze unfurled
Here once the embattled farmers stood
And fired the shot heard round the world
-Emerson
1frozenhillbilly
House Bee

« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2004, 03:37:27 AM »

hey jerry I don't know nothing either but please if you ever see nobody arrest him(her?) and don't let him?her? get away nobody has stolen more of my tools lost more of my books misplaced lost or damaged more ofmy equipment than you can possibly imagine also be warned heor she has an accomplice known as not me.

vegetarian???  isnt green stuff for growing meat?
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2004, 05:05:54 AM »

That's funny HillBilly because I was going to start a nobody thread today. I have been wanting to talk to this person for awhile now. This Nobody is one sneaky charactor. He/she can't wash dishes very wel nor clean house. Ever noticed how dirty the dishes are when nobody does them? Isn't it amazing how he/she can come into your house without you knowing it? How about all those phone calls from nobody?

I bet nobody can tell me a lot about nothing.

Jerry

beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2004, 10:35:51 AM »

Makes me wonder, this is one of the all time LONGEST post/reply threads we've had - lol. Some interesting thoughts from everyone and some good humor too. Honestly, I have nothing much to say today, which had always been the topic of my Beekeeping Log entries of 2001 which when printed out, took up over 600 pages - lol. Now THAT was a lot of nothing, but honestly - I miss it.

Fred, my young mentored man (who is now 19) is on my Crapper List - after investing 6 years in his development, he decided that his parents lifestyle was the easier path of resistance and he travels their way these days. For those reasons, I don't communicate with him anymore. So what did Fred learn from me - I'm affraid nothing. Nothingness is not a good thing I believe, it's a lonely, sad and additive place that when swallowed into, nothing can escape. I'd always chose something, at least then I'd know what I'm dealing with - as Beth said so prefectly: nothing is the scarey thing under the bed.

Here is a question asked of first graders who nearly all got it right within minutes, but Harvard Law students couldn't break the 15% right mark - give it a try.

What is Greater than God?
More Evil than the Devil?
Poor people have lots of it, but rich people desire it.
If you eat it, you will die.

The answer is obvious in this thread, but if asked separately, would you have guessed it???

Today, we are getting blasted with cold here in the East - -20 windchills all day, temps in the mid teens for a high, tomorrow 41, Wednesday 51, Thursday 61 - go figure. I thought about having Ladybee knit me about 100,000 little sweaters, but I'm affraid nothing will help except keeping them out of the cold as best as possible.

Follow us on TWITTER

Beth Kirkley
House Bee

« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2004, 11:54:51 AM »

I wanted so much to get everyone here on the forum nothing for Christmas, so I went out looking today. I'd heard, that with only a few pennies, you could get nothing. And that you could get nothing of value for under $5. So I went out searching.

The stores were full of "nothing interesting", "nothing special", "nothing extraordinary", and I found a lot of "nothing of value". The strange thing is, I couldn't find a single store though that had nothing. (I had thought about getting my kids nothing for Christmas, but frankly, they just don't deserve it.)

I believe it probably is true that I could buy nothing with just a little pocket change, if only I could find a store that carried nothing. But who ever says that you could get nothing of value for under $5 hasn't gone shopping lately. It's more like $50 to get nothing of value. You could get nothing special, nothing extraordinary, and nothing in particular for $5 or less. But for nothing of value you have to spend much more. So I'm sorry for that, I was really hoping, most of all, to get each of you nothing of value.

I'll keep searching - there's still a few days left before Christmas. It'll still be late for Christmas though, since (as we've said before) they deliver nothing on Sundays. So all of you keep watch for it.

And if you happen to receive something instead of nothing this Christmas, give that person who gave it to you a big hug. It may not be nothing of value, but they tried the best they could, and deserve a thank you. The fact that they get you something, instead of nothing, still means they care very much for you - so show them how much you appriciate it.

God bless all of you.
Have a very Merry Christmas.
Nothing is a special to me as the friendships I've found here.
Nothing can compare to the love that has been shown.
Nothing makes me come back to this forum every day - I return, chat, laugh, learn...... and love it every time.

Beth Smiley

Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2004, 12:12:49 PM »

Hello Beemaster,

You know this is a story of life. You start with nothing and look what you end up with. Nice warm feelings from the one that topped us all. Beth.

Jerry

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next