Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: What is it?  (Read 508 times)

Offline Kimbrell

  • House Bee
  • **
  • Posts: 198
  • Gender: Female
What is it?
« on: May 29, 2008, 11:40:59 PM »
While I was checking my hives today I noticed some kind of crawling bugs on the inside of the cover of two of my hives.  They are infinitesimally small, gray, with at least six legs.  They seem to have hatched from a small cocoon (or spider web) attached to the inside of the cover.  The bees weren't bothered by them, but I don't know if the little critters will get into the honey supers I have on my hives.  If they do they will hopefully be strained out during extraction.  I don't want them in my honey.  At the very least they would look unappetizing!  I cleaned off the covers before replacing them.  But there's no way I got all of them.  Does anybody know what they are?  And how do I get rid of them without harming my bees or their honey.  Sorry, no pictures, a photographer I'm not! :?