Need Bees Removed?
Beekeeping Forums
December 22, 2014, 09:27:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page
   Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Bee keeping license?  (Read 1886 times)
Horns Pure Honey
House Bee
Offline Offline

Posts: 148

Location: Illinois

« on: December 12, 2004, 08:56:22 PM »

Hi everyone, I know all I need to start my keep bees although I know I wont learn near as much in a book than in the real deal. I was told tonight that I needed a license to keep bees, is this true? I didnt think it was becuase you can purchase bee equipment all around Illinois. Thanks for your info, bye

Ryan Horn
Galactic Bee
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 6047

Location: Wolfforth Texas

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2004, 10:10:14 PM »

Never heard of it.

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower


My pictures.Type in password;  youview
House Bee
Offline Offline

Posts: 111

Location: Richmond, Virginia

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2004, 03:32:24 AM »

Think you can get a definitetive answer here

Supervisor, Apiary Inspection
Illinois Department of Agriculture
State Fairgrounds
Post Office Box 19281
Springfield, Illinois 62794-9281
Phone: +1 (217) 782-4944
Fax: +1 (217) 524-7702
E-mail: (data not present)
Website: (data not present)

"Lurch my good man,…what did you mean when you said just now that 'You've got better things to do than run my petty little errands'…….?"
Horns Pure Honey
House Bee
Offline Offline

Posts: 148

Location: Illinois

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2004, 07:53:59 AM »

Thanks bigrob, I will try that right away, bye

Ryan Horn
Site Founder
Galactic Bee
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 6288

Location: Manchester, NJ

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2004, 08:30:49 AM »

I don't know about any local laws, but some areas require a PERMIT not a license (the difference being a license usually requires a test) just as you would need in many places to keep dogs or cats or in some areas, wildlife.

I'd suggest looking up the phone number for a local county or state agrucultural center, townhall or licensing departments in your area. Someone would have a real answer.

I have heard of some permits which come with posting signs that announce LIVE HONEYBEES in large letters to be placed on the property where the hives are kept - possibly that is what is meant?

Best wishes and learn all you can about honeybees, we all learn something new here every day!

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2004, 10:53:25 AM »

Utah passed a Bee Inspection Act in 1979 and requires an annual "license". It costs $10 per annum.
You can see a .pdf of the application here:

Then they list the licensed beekeepers here:

Pretty helpful to have that list.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next
Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.20 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines | Sitemap Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!
Page created in 0.11 seconds with 22 queries.

Google visited last this page December 06, 2014, 05:43:22 AM