Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
August 01, 2014, 12:05:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Angry Neighbors  (Read 11949 times)
Rodni73
House Bee

« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2008, 02:27:26 PM »

Bmac keep us posted!

Your fight is our fight... Here is a motivational song for you...!

Get Up Stand Up
by Bob Marley

Get Up, Stand Up, stand up for your right (3 times)
Get Up, Stand Up, don't give up the fight

Preacher man don't tell me heaven is under the earth
I know you don't know what life is really worth
Is not all that glitters in gold and
Half the story has never been told

So now you see the light, aay
Stand up for your right. Come on
Get Up, Stand Up, stand up for your right
(Repeat)

Most people think great God will come from the sky
Take away ev'rything, and make ev'rybody feel high
But if you know what life is worth
You would look for yours on earth
And now you see the light
You stand up for your right, yeah!

Get Up, Stand Up. Life is your right
So we can't give up the fight
Stand up for your right, Lord, Lord
Get Up, Stand Up. Keep on struggling on
Don't give up the fight
We're sick and tired of your ism and skism game
Die and go to heaven in Jesus' name, Lord
We know when we understand
Almighty God is a living man
You can fool some people sometimes
But you can't fool all the people all the time
So now we see the light
We gonna stand up for our right
So you'd better get up, stand up, stand up for your right
Get Up, Stand Up, don't give up the fight.
Alan Forbes
New Bee

« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2008, 03:27:55 PM »

Unfriendly neighbors are the pits and once they turn that way, it's hard to find a common ground to make amends.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #42 on: May 20, 2008, 03:46:26 PM »

Unfriendly neighbors are the pits and once they turn that way, it's hard to find a common ground to make amends.

i did notice that after i threatened to shoot the neighbors dog, he didn't want to talk to me anymore.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
BMAC
Field Bee

« Reply #43 on: May 20, 2008, 03:48:01 PM »

Oh yes.  Get up, Stand up...

No prob there...  I dont think they expect that very much right now.

Yes Alan neighbors are the pits..  They all think they know how to run your life better than you do.  These neighbors have always been problems.......

God Bless all the troops
Semper Fi Marines!
BMAC
Field Bee

« Reply #44 on: May 20, 2008, 03:49:28 PM »

i did notice that after i threatened to shoot the neighbors dog, he didn't want to talk to me anymore.

Good for you.  I did that one night right after I moved in.  Maybe thats when it all started.  I didn't mind their dog till it kept barking until like freaking mid night......I was going to end that barking really quick....

God Bless all the troops
Semper Fi Marines!
steveouk
House Bee

A Brit living in the USA

« Reply #45 on: May 20, 2008, 11:21:42 PM »

i had a problem with a neighbor who complained about my bees and the fact i was encouraging bees into the area. The neighbor however looked very foolish when they where shown that the boxes i had set up where all empty. Since i got my packages and Nucs i have however taken time to consult with them and tell them about bees. I also explained that with a 5 miles radius there were two other beeks and that we had also spotted a swarm the previous year in there own backyard. Since then we have had no problems and i am now up to 5 hives.

gguidester
New Bee

« Reply #46 on: May 20, 2008, 11:31:32 PM »

Wow!  Do we have to bring gun ownership into a minor bee dispute?  Guns kill people they don't inflict a generally harmless sting.  Whoever brought guns into this should go to a varmint hunters page or something.  Your'e sick.  A few pounds of honey is not worth using a gun against another person.  You must have another place for them since you moved them.  Education is the key.  Your neighbor is crazy and stupid for publicly threatening you.  Watch him, he may also have an AR15.  Have a honey bar-b-que and invite the neighbors.  Teach them something about your hobby.  Don't cop a violence first attitude and be thankfull you don
t live next door to one of those that suggested guns as a means of settling a simple neighborhood disagreement.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #47 on: May 20, 2008, 11:56:46 PM »

guns do not kill people. in fact, it is the round discharged from a weapon that does the trick.   if you don't like the discussion, don't engage.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Rodni73
House Bee

« Reply #48 on: May 21, 2008, 12:16:35 AM »

"Wow!  Do we have to bring gun ownership into a minor bee dispute?  Guns kill people they don't inflict a generally harmless sting.  Whoever brought guns into this should go to a varmint hunters page or something.  Your'e sick.  A few pounds of honey is not worth using a gun against another person.  You must have another place for them since you moved them.  Education is the key.  Your neighbor is crazy and stupid for publicly threatening you.  Watch him, he may also have an AR15.  Have a honey bar-b-que and invite the neighbors.  Teach them something about your hobby.  Don't cop a violence first attitude and be thankfull you don
t live next door to one of those that suggested guns as a means of settling a simple neighborhood disagreement. "

I do not know if it is only me... But just the wording of the above person is like the smell of American Foul Brood..! 

Hey if you don't like the conversation and what people are saying respectfuly just don't engage..... We are all respectful & law abiding adults and to say the least please don't give rude advice if no one asked ya for it....!

Respectfuly
-AR 15 (LOL)
Rodni73
House Bee

« Reply #49 on: May 21, 2008, 12:18:52 AM »

Imagine BMAC throwing a honey BBQ to the neighbor who wanted to set fire to his hives! Or trying to educate about beeeesssss to pain in the neck people...Heck, they took his darn honey and then turned around and threatened him... Beside I did not even hear anyone sugesting that BMAC or anyone go postal & start shooting  rolleyes....!
Dane Bramage
Field Bee

« Reply #50 on: May 21, 2008, 12:22:48 AM »

Don't cop a violence first attitude and be thankfull you don
t live next door to one of those that suggested guns as a means of settling a simple neighborhood disagreement.

Did someone suggest guns as a means of settling a dispute? (I must've missed that).  I think the first violent suggestion was the neighbor openly suggesting he would come pour gasoline on the hives!  Gasoline + wood + wax could equal one hell of a fire and who's to say it wouldn't get out of control, burn down the house and even start one of those rampaging fires that devastates 1000's of acres?  Trespassing, destroying private property, etc., etc., would have all been committed.  It wouldn't be about a few gallons of honey and BMAC would be well within his rights to properly defend himself and his property, family, etc., by any and all means necessary. 

So, lighten up there 3-post Francis on the suggestion for anyone to move the conversation (this is just a discussion you realize?) elsewhere.  Perhaps you should go patronize a hopolophobe forum?  rolleyes

Nice weapon.  Mine is a standard service weapon (match grade) as I picked it up during the time of my life where I was shooting in the Marine Corps matches.  I needed a good practice weapon along with my plans to continue matches.  Those plans change but I still have a slew of hand loaded rounds for it. cool
Thx BMAC - mine is just an m4gery I cobbled together and outfitted with some gear.  I save the accuracy work for the 338LM.  grin

dane, you surprise me. 

Probably not as much as I surprise the 'yotes at night!  evil

Anyways - back to OT (orig topic), I'd be thinking tall privacy fence (or moving).  Undecided  Best of luck!

I had to add a reply to:
guns do not kill people. in fact, it is the round discharged from a weapon that does the trick.   
With the caveat of, 2 words ~> butt-stroke (vigorously).  Wink

Ok, I'm done!  grin

the kid
House Bee

« Reply #51 on: May 21, 2008, 01:20:12 AM »

and if your real lucky ,,,, when the fire get out of control and burns his own house down , he will find that his insurance wont rebuild it because he started the fire ,, and charge him with arson ..   then he can go live with boba ..
the kid
derrick1p1
House Bee

« Reply #52 on: May 21, 2008, 08:46:18 AM »

steveouk, brings up a good point to anyone that has concerned (or in this case angry) neighbors.  Bees will travel upwards to 5 miles for a nectar source.  And maybe further to swarm..I'm not sure.  But either way, if they are seeing any bees near them, their (the bees) hives may not even be anywhere near their house.  For all you know, your bees could be foraging miles away from your n'hood.

I've also always wondered, if someone were to complain about being stung or harassed by bees, how can they have a case if they can't prove it is a bee from your hive?

just a thought (or two),
Derrick

I won't let grass grow under my feet, there will be plenty of time to push up daisies.
BMAC
Field Bee

« Reply #53 on: May 21, 2008, 08:56:40 AM »

Dane I think we come from the same school house.

Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

God Bless all the troops
Semper Fi Marines!
Bee-Bop
Field Bee

« Reply #54 on: May 21, 2008, 08:57:14 AM »

BMAC

Are these new neighbors ?

From your post you have had bees for over 2 years.

My Question. WHY NOW ??

Bee-Bop

" If Your not part of the genetic solution of breeding mite-free bees, then You're part of the problem "
BMAC
Field Bee

« Reply #55 on: May 21, 2008, 08:58:48 AM »

So back on OT.  The neighbors were staring at me the night before last as I pulled into the drive with my flatbed full of honey supers. grin  I just kept them there that night.  Well Ok.  I unloaded 1/2 of them in the drive and they are still there  evil

They were just staring.  Nothing has been said about them yet.....

God Bless all the troops
Semper Fi Marines!
BMAC
Field Bee

« Reply #56 on: May 21, 2008, 09:00:43 AM »

BMAC

Are these new neighbors ?

From your post you have had bees for over 2 years.

My Question. WHY NOW ??

Bee-Bop

Not new neighbors.  Yep.  I have had bees behind my house for about 3 years now.  I am unsure of why now.   

I am convinced they are just ignorant and have next to 0 reasoning capabilities.

God Bless all the troops
Semper Fi Marines!
GarlyDog
New Bee

« Reply #57 on: May 21, 2008, 10:18:09 AM »

Just a few comments as a beekeeper and retired cop.
1. Verbalization of words to the affect someone is going to throw gas on your beehives is assualt.  Assault is threatening action that would inflict harm.  Property can be assaulted but is usually applied under reckless disregard.  Verbalizations that can harm people or animals is acutal assualt.  I would register a complaint with the local cops IMMEDIATELY to document the threat.  It may come in handy later.

This is the best advice you have been given so far.    IMO, your neighbor has already broken the law.

Let the police deal with this guy directly.   

People at this level of hostilitity can easily be provoked into higher levels of stupidity.   

If you are thinking about guns, don't be surprised if you learn that your neighbor is probably thinking about killing you in your sleep.   

Stay sharp, but my experience has shown that people who threaten are generally cowards.      It's the ones that just take action that you need to worry about.

Best wishes for a sane resolution.

Garlydog
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #58 on: May 21, 2008, 10:30:35 AM »

Let the police deal with this guy directly.   

as much as i respect the police and love our local guys, there is a limit to what they can do, and when they can  do it.  a call to the cops for a threat like that would result in a cop talking to the guy and a report being made.  calling the cops is almost guaranteed to tick off the neighbor even more. the neighbor would consider it a public humiliation and having already shown a lack of maturity, is unlikely to be more rational after the cops than he was before.  even so, i agree that a report on file is a good thing.

People at this level of hostility can easily be provoked into higher levels of stupidity.

see above  smiley

If you are thinking about guns, don't be surprised if your idiot neighbor isn't thinking about killing you in your sleep.

i would be, because he is.

while a sane outcome is always to be desired, the person who does not provide for their own defense is a fool.  i think you would find that most gun owners are very cautious with the display of their weapon, and are less prone to violence than the average MOTS.  i don't need to be violent.  i don't need to make idol threats.  on those rare occasions that i have had to mention the use of my gun, it was not an idol threat.  on those rare occasions that i have had to carry a weapon on a daily basis, it was with the knowledge that i could and would use it.

Alexis de Tocqueville
GarlyDog
New Bee

« Reply #59 on: May 21, 2008, 10:55:54 AM »

the person who does not provide for their own defense is a fool.

Amen.     

I agree the police are busy, but the job of the police IS to deal with stuff like this.    I have family that are officers and I am sure that they would agree.   

As I previously stated, from the little bit of information presented, I believe that your neighbor is a blow-hard coward.   Scary:  Yes,  Dangerous:  Yet to be determined.

IMO, If he was someone to worry about, I believe he would have already acted.    The fact that he threatened and did nothing is all I need to determine his character.  He is afraid of the consequences to himself, especially now, after he told you of his plans.   

A visit from the police will probably put this guy back in his place.    If he does go for retribution toward you, you have a record of his behavior on file with the Police.     Stay sharp.

If he comes back to your front door, dial the cops again.     

Going Rambo is best left to the experts.   If this describes you, have fun.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 12:47:04 PM by GarlyDog » Logged

Garlydog
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next