Weather blew for this one. I got a decent amount of bees but it was a mess. It started pouring right as I was starting, so I had everything soaked and LOTS of angry off bees that were quite happy clustering up on a handrail "thank you very much".
Must have a hundred or two stingers imbedded in my gloves. I had missplaced my brush and was desperate to move the last part of the cluster and used my hands....glad I had gloves on.
Nice and low like the last. I got most the bees in the box with a couple shakes and waited to see if the queen MIGHT be in the mess. I think she was as they started to fan the front and draw others in. I was out of frames of honey and drawn foundation (This is my first year, so I am really short on stuff like that right now). So I lubed up some frames of foundation with 1:1 and shot some on some old comb chunks that I was waiting to melt and filter and it seemed to work OK. I also used the same box I have been using to transfer and capture the last swarm.
It was quick. I got the call at 2PM. Drove the 15 minute to the location. I had them all in the box by 4:30 and had them in a 10 frame medium on a SBB, with feeder and covers by 5:30.
I know I got the bees but I killed a whole bunch trying to beat the rain. I told myself I would not humanize them but I still feel bad that it did not ga as smoothly as the last one.
Regardless though...No lie, I love bees, I love getting bees, I love talking to people that have 'em, and love watching 'em while I eat lunch on the farm.
I really had no idea I would get this drawn in, this quickly doing it, but I love it.
I'll post pics in a bit.