Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 31, 2014, 05:57:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Eating Healthier?  (Read 64993 times)
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #300 on: December 07, 2008, 10:09:20 PM »

I've been talking back and forth with my aunt whom I mentioned is a nurse and she thinks it is possible I had some weird virus/flu type thing even after I've mentioned the unusual stomach pains, but the pains are pretty much no more. I really don't know what happened but a trip for a check up is coming soon and of course I have to eat much smaller meals, more often than large meals a few times a day.
...JP

JP, ask your Aunt if she is familiar with Colloidal Silver water?  I still contend that this is a safe product to use to kill bacteria, and so on, I wonder if using colloidal silver water may have helped you, quickly.....remember my post about how fast the colloidal silver water "cured" my puppy with the parvo virus, which almost always kills any puppy or older dog that may be affected by it?  Especially, the Pittbull breed, which this puppy is.

I encourage everyone to become informed of this powerful alternative medicine.  The best you can do for yourself is to study and do a little research on colloidal silver water.  There is tons of information on it, and it can do you absolutely no harm, unless you overuse the water, which then will give you a condition, which may result in a condition called "argyria", but that happens with extreme continual and overuse of the water.  Check out the internet, there is so much information at the fingertips.....Anyways, food for thought, don't know how you feel about alternative medicines.   Beautiful day in this beautiful life, love and live it as hard as you can, great health. Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
Pond Creek Farm
Field Bee

« Reply #301 on: December 07, 2008, 10:21:15 PM »

Isn't colloidial silver the substance that can cause skin to turn blue?  I am not critical of the advice, only curious about side effects.

Brian
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #302 on: December 07, 2008, 10:38:47 PM »

Isn't colloidial silver the substance that can cause skin to turn blue?  I am not critical of the advice, only curious about side effects.

Brian, I quote my statement below in the post I made above -- yes, if the colloidal silver water is used continuously for lengthy periods, it can cause the skin to turn colour, -- i.e., greyish, that is why I encouraged people to read, make informed decisions, before trying alternative choices to medicines, smiling.  Have that wonderful day, Cindi

"I encourage everyone to become informed of this powerful alternative medicine.  The best you can do for yourself is to study and do a little research on colloidal silver water.  There is tons of information on it, and it can do you absolutely no harm, unless you overuse the water, which then will give you a condition, which may result in a condition called "argyria", but that happens with extreme continual and overuse of the water.  Check out the internet, there is so much information at the fingertips.....Anyways, food for thought, don't know how you feel about alternative medicines."

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!

« Reply #303 on: December 07, 2008, 11:55:24 PM »

Thanks again for all of the feedback, I told my wife I need a check up but to clarify things, I have not seen a doctor recently relating to this past week of illness. I will be making an appointment tomorrow.

One thing, I took Cindi's advice and went to my drugstore and this is what I now look like

...JP grin

"Good friends are as sweet as honey" Winne the Pooh

My pictures can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

My website JPthebeeman.com http://www.jpthebeeman.com/jpthebeeman/
Irwin
Super Bee

howdy all

« Reply #304 on: December 08, 2008, 12:05:07 AM »

You look GOOD  grin

Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.
JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

« Reply #305 on: December 08, 2008, 12:14:28 AM »

You look GOOD  grin

Thanks Irwin, my wife says she loves me no matter what color I am. My family and friends are in for a real surprise.

...JP

and

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #306 on: December 08, 2008, 03:13:34 AM »

Thanks again for all of the feedback, I told my wife I need a check up but to clarify things, I have not seen a doctor recently relating to this past week of illness. I will be making an appointment tomorrow.

One thing, I took Cindi's advice and went to my drugstore and this is what I now look like

...JP grin

Thanks JP, that makes you a true blue friend.

Brian, I quote my statement below in the post I made above -- yes, if the colloidal silver water is used continuously for lengthy periods, it can cause the skin to turn colour, -- i.e., greyish, that is why I encouraged people to read, make informed decisions, before trying alternative choices to medicines, smiling.  Have that wonderful day, Cindi

"I encourage everyone to become informed of this powerful alternative medicine.  The best you can do for yourself is to study and do a little research on colloidal silver water.  There is tons of information on it, and it can do you absolutely no harm, unless you overuse the water, which then will give you a condition, which may result in a condition called "argyria", but that happens with extreme continual and overuse of the water.  Check out the internet, there is so much information at the fingertips.....Anyways, food for thought, don't know how you feel about alternative medicines."

Cindi, I really appreciate the concern.  Yes, I've checked out alternative medications at various times.  But the problem is that I have so many medical problems, that even with alternative methods I end up sicker sometimes than by not using them.  Since I saw you on Labor Day weekend I've been diagnosed with a couple more problems.  My health problems are so complex that it literally takes a very astute doctor to keep me going day to day. 
Too many things make me sick or interact with something else, or I'm allergic to.  At the moment I'm in so much pain I can't even stand to walk to the mail box and back and that's just my back problems, the other 20 something ailments create a mybred of other things.
My picture is in the PDR under Chronic/Acute/Complex medical issues.

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
BjornBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #307 on: December 08, 2008, 08:02:58 AM »

First thing I thought of JP, was that girl in Willy Wonka's that chewed the food gum and hit the blueberry taste and swelled. Oommppa, Oommppa,..... shocked

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #308 on: December 08, 2008, 10:21:38 AM »

Cindi, I really appreciate the concern.  Yes, I've checked out alternative medications at various times.  But the problem is that I have so many medical problems, that even with alternative methods I end up sicker sometimes than by not using them.  Since I saw you on Labor Day weekend I've been diagnosed with a couple more problems.  My health problems are so complex that it literally takes a very astute doctor to keep me going day to day. 
Too many things make me sick or interact with something else, or I'm allergic to.  At the moment I'm in so much pain I can't even stand to walk to the mail box and back and that's just my back problems, the other 20 something ailments create a mybred of other things.
My picture is in the PDR under Chronic/Acute/Complex medical issues.

Oh Brian, in post #309 above, I spoke the name "Brian".  I was not referring to you, but Pond Creek Farm, his name is Brian too.  Oh dear, you thought that I was talking to you and probably could not figure out why I had targeted you to write to, am I right?  Funny how things go eh?  I was telling Pond Creek Farm, Brian, to check out my post again about what I had said about the skin turning grey.

Oh Brian B., I know that you have such medical issues, and to have just a couple more lumped on your shoulder is such a sickening thing.  I do hope that there will be advances in medicine that can take you to a more comfortable level with the pain that I know you are challenged with, that is awful.  How on earth are you looking after your animals there?  I am thinking that you have one of your Daughters helping you, or maybe your Grandchildren?  Keep that chin up, Brian B.  Too bad they couldn't do something to completely block all your pain eh?  Have a wonderful and beautiful life and day, my wishes for great health for us all.  Cindi

Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #309 on: December 08, 2008, 10:23:40 AM »

JP, oops, forgot to comment to you.  Now you know that all along I have thought you one sick little puppy.  Man, you getting sicker by the day  grin Wink Smiley Smiley Smiley.  Where on earth do you come up with all the stuff that you find to put in posts to make us laugh?  You one funnnnneeeee dude, takin' my hat off to ya!!!  Have that wonderful and awesome day, greatest of this life, great health.  Cindi

johnnybigfish
Super Bee

« Reply #310 on: December 08, 2008, 07:14:24 PM »

I saw you on Oprah awhile back!!

your friend,
john

Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #311 on: December 08, 2008, 09:34:39 PM »

John, oh speaking of TV.  We were watching the Celtic Women and Paul McCartney on PBS last night.  It was Detroit TV.  I am absolutely and absolutely positive that I saw you in the crowd there, I am not kidding.  Were you ever in Detroit watching a Paul McCartney live?  Seriously, there was a close up of a person near the front row, and I am sure it was you, smiling....only he had on a shirt.  Beautiful, most wonderful day, love and live life, health.  Cindi

johnnybigfish
Super Bee

« Reply #312 on: December 08, 2008, 09:56:41 PM »

Sorry Cindi....It wasnt me...but you will see me in a Corona commercial!!!
 Just the back view though.....And when i sit in my beach chair the bottle blocks the view...of my RED SPEEDOS!!!
your friend,
john

johnnybigfish
Super Bee

« Reply #313 on: December 08, 2008, 09:59:06 PM »

Oh yeh, Cindi...If you ever get the chance See "Tribute to George Harrison"....I netflixed it awhile back...theres actually 2 versions, but They are both AWESOME!!!...You gotta see it to believe it!!

your friend,
john

Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #314 on: December 08, 2008, 10:04:28 PM »

the bottle blocks the view...of my RED SPEEDOS!!!
your friend,
john

Oh ya, I'm thanking my lucky stars on that one!!!  smiling.....  tongue cheesy have the best and most wonderful day, Cindi

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #315 on: December 09, 2008, 12:07:13 AM »

jp, if you have not already, knock off the coffee and other stuff with caffeine in it.  that seems to be a trigger with some people.  didn't read back through all the posts, so someone might have mentioned it already.....

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

« Reply #316 on: December 09, 2008, 12:25:08 AM »

jp, if you have not already, knock off the coffee and other stuff with caffeine in it.  that seems to be a trigger with some people.  didn't read back through all the posts, so someone might have mentioned it already.....

I actually had a little coffee tonight, Starbucks, ick! Like drinking battery acid, we have what's called The Morning Call/Cafe Du Monde: http://www.morningcallcoffeestand.com/  two related shops, the coffee is to die for, but my wife went to Starbuck's and that's what I got.

...JP

and

Irwin
Super Bee

howdy all

« Reply #317 on: December 30, 2008, 03:38:34 PM »

vegans and vegetarians beware

Vitamin 'may prevent memory loss' 

Many people are deficient in vitamin B12
A vitamin found in meat, fish and milk may help stave off memory loss in old age, a study has suggested.

Older people with lower than average vitamin B12 levels were more than six times more likely to experience brain shrinkage, researchers concluded.

The University of Oxford study, published in the journal Neurology, tested the 107 apparently healthy volunteers over a five-year period.

Some studies suggest two out of five people are deficient in the vitamin.

The rate of shrinkage of the brain as we age may be partly influenced by what we eat

Professor David Smith
Oxford University

The problem is even more common among the elderly, and recent moves to supplement bread with folic acid caused concern that this could mask B12 deficiency symptoms in older people.

The Oxford study looked at a group of people between 61 and 87, splitting it into thirds depending on the participants' vitamin B12 levels.

Even the third with the lowest levels were still above a threshold used by some scientists to define vitamin B12 deficiency.

However, they were still much more likely to show signs of brain shrinkage over the five-year period.

Liver and shellfish

Professor David Smith, who directs the Oxford Project to Investigate Memory and Ageing, said he now planned a trial of B vitamins in the elderly to see if taking them could slow brain shrinkage.

He said: "This study adds another dimension to our understanding of the effects of B vitamins on the brain - the rate of shrinkage of the brain as we age may be partly influenced by what we eat."

Shrinkage has been strongly linked with a higher risk of developing dementia at a later stage and Rebecca Wood, the chief executive of the Alzheimer's Research Trust, said further research was needed.

"This study suggests that consuming more vitamin B12 through eating meat, fish, fortified cereals or milk as part of a balanced diet might help protect the brain. Liver and shellfish are particularly rich sources of B12.

"Vitamin B12 deficiency is a common problem among elderly people in the UK and has been linked to declining memory and dementia."

Dr Susanne Sorensen, from the Alzheimer's Society said: "Shrinkage is usually associated with the development of dementia.

"As vitamin B may be given as a food supplement, it may be useful to include tests of vitamin B levels in the general assessment of health of older individuals.

"This is another example of why it is crucial for people to lead a healthy lifestyle with a balanced diet rich in B vitamins and antioxidants.

"The best way to reduce your risk of developing dementia is to keep active, eat a balanced diet, don't smoke and visit your GP to get your blood pressure and cholesterol checked."

Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« Reply #318 on: December 31, 2008, 05:03:00 AM »

I gave up using caffiene almost totally 2 years ago, it did have a few withdraw symptoms but I got over them quickly.

Now... Whenever I start getting a headache, I'll either make a strong cup of regular coffee or tea, or take Excedrine Extra Strength with Caffeine. Either will usually knock out a headache really quick.

Of course, the trade off is that I suffer from panic issues and often need to time the caffeine with my anxiety meds so that I don't have stress instead of a headache.

I'm not going to start a New Years Resolution post here, but losing weight is a must - the seizure meds I take pack on the weight, and toss in lack of activity in Winter I have added too many pounds this year.

I don't mention it much but I am learning Spanish through a download audiobook course I found by Michel Thomas - a very in depth course that has packed with it intermediate and advanced Spanish, plus the entire written version of each section is there in PDF format. I will say, it is a struggle, I think just listening isn't doing it for me - I listen every night while making rounds at work (usually 1.5 hours a night) and I really think I need to PRINT OUT the PDF to follow along.

I have the nack for rolling the speach off well, I do well during sentence decontruction and formation, but trying to create content on my own or listening to it on Spanish TV Station quickly puts me in my place - lol. But I have always wanted to learn Spanish, now is the time if ever - so I'm taking all Winter and how ever long from there to learn to speak it conversationally - I don't expect to master it, but I hope to translate most of what I hear and even speak it when the times come about.

So my plate for 2009 is full, I mentioned having a double wide drive way put in and having a 22X18ft deck coming out of my dining room which is elevated about 8 to 9 feet above the ground. So $25K into the house and hours of exercise, good eating and learning a new language should keep me busy for the whole year Smiley

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

« Reply #319 on: December 31, 2008, 10:19:46 AM »

John, you may want to look into taking a class or two at a university, perhaps night classes, this way you have a teacher to push you and give constructive criticism and you will have a text book, etc...

I would love to learn spanish as well. As I've said before I've taken a good bit in school but you really need to be around people constantly speaking the language to really get it. Buenas suerte, Juan!

My female rat terrier gets seizure medicine every night. It turned her into a plump little pork chop. The vet said this could happen. All she wants to do is eat all day/night long.

...JP
« Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 02:00:08 PM by JP » Logged

and

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next