Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
November 29, 2014, 05:19:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The First Real Sign You're An Old Fart  (Read 3846 times)
qa33010
Field Bee

« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2008, 10:41:04 PM »

I always thaought it was when the 'sweet' odor gave way to a dusty then musty smell. huh

Fell into a ten year class reunion, while home on leave, of the school I went to before my last one.  Everyone shrunk or lost a lot of hair.  Out of 187 graduates three looked exactly the same (two were then girls, grown to be beautiful women, I had serious crushes on).  Never did talk to them, they tried to talk to me but all I could do was stammer and sweat! embarassed

Not been to one since that night twenty-two years ago.  Not missed it either.  Go to visit family or the sights of this great land with a babe of a wife and munchikins that are proper heathens. grin

Everyone said it couldn't be done. But he with a chuckle replied, "I won't be one to say it is so, until I give it a try."  So he buckled right in with a trace of a grin.  If he had a worry he hid it and he started to sing as he tackled that thing that couldn't be done, and he did it.  (unknown)
1frozenhillbilly
House Bee

« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2008, 02:18:17 PM »

i just had all of my upper teeth removed and dentures(tortures?) installed friday so i'm feeling a bit old myself today,  a few years ago i was working in the restraunt that catered my classes 20th wonder what its gonna be like at the next one
i sure didnt know what i was getting into with these new teeth(  whimper whimper)

vegetarian???  isnt green stuff for growing meat?
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2008, 09:22:11 AM »

1frozenhillbilly.  Awe, I truly feel for you, that must have been painful and now you have a mouth full of pain in the butts, oops, did I say that, hee, hee....you will be grateful one day for your new teeth.  I would think that dentures would be a very difficult thing to learn how to live with, I thank my lucky stars my teeth are still good, I know people with dentures, and they are a marvelous work and a wonder, how they can deal with them.

I will tell a funny story (well, to me it is funny).  My Dad had dentures, upper and bottom for as long as I can remember.  He dealt with them OK, I guess.  He was in the fibreglass field and fiberglassed everything, a very, very talented designer and inventor.  He performed fibreglass work in every manner that you could imagine.  His teeth bugged him because sometimes they would break.  Now this may sound kind of weird, and don't ask me why they would be to be fixed, but they would.....so he would work with a little fibreglass and fix them.  Oh brother, I always thought he was nuts!!!  And I guess he was in his own little way.

This poor man eventually got an altzheimers-related type dimentia.  We looked after him for as long as we possibly could, until it became too much and dangerous for him and us, we could not watch him 24 hours a day, nor would he have, in his right mind, have wanted us to.  He had to go into an extended care home, where they could watch him night and day, because he loved to sneak out and hitchhike everywhere.....say no more....it is a very sad thing.

He is still there, living healthy and well, just no mind left.  My poor Father.....

Well, to tell of this tale.  I guess his dentures were bugging him lots there, and he kept hiding his teeth.  One day one of the caregivers phoned me and told me that he loved to have his food mushed up, he preferred it that way to stuff he had to chew.  That must have been why he kept hiding his dentures.  He had that much thinking left....cool.  She then phoned another time and said that his dentures were completely disappeared.  They could not find them anywhere.....that be my Dad, when he put his mind to something, his mind was set.  The dentures were never found.  I think he threw them in the trash or buried them in one of the gardens in the care home.  They will be found one day, probably many years down the road, deep in the soil.  My Father loved gardens too, I am his legacy......

So, love your dentures, take care of your dentures, if they break.....get new ones....don't do as my Dad did, where he repaired them for years with his fibreglass mind of invention ...beautiful and most wonderful day, lovin' and livin' this great life.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
1frozenhillbilly
House Bee

« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2008, 03:23:48 PM »

thx for the sympathy and the story cindi,  they've healed up a good bit and are getting more comfortable now but that first few days i was ready to beg the dentist to give me back the old ones grin  i'm really gonna feel it when i go back to alaska next spring to watch my youngest graduate from highschool!

vegetarian???  isnt green stuff for growing meat?
johnnybigfish
Super Bee

« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2008, 04:02:24 PM »

heh, heh, heh.....
 I wasnt invited to my 10th re-union(The organizers didnt much care for the "Non-Locals" as myself, and i didnt care for them either).
 I went to my 20th reunion just because some freinds from out of town asked me to find out more about a reunion....Oh, bOY!!! I dont know about everyone else there, but I had a BLAST!!!..I had the most fun I ever had in my life! I even one an award(For losing the most hair), and that was between my and my best friend..He got an award for being the most grampa!...i NEVER GOT ANYTHING LIKE AN AWARD IN HIGH SCHOOL.(I never deserved one either tho)....I walked in carrying 3 ice chests full of beer(This was to last me all nite) and I had friends I never would've spoken to in school...It turned out that me playing the part of "Dallas" in that book, "The Outsiders" scared people from me. Thats how I wanted it,,...Thats what i got Undecided
Anyways, There was huggin' and kissin' and dancing, and apologies thrown all over the room from me grin....I LOVED EVERYBODY!!!..And THEY LOVED ME!...Most all the people who didnt really know me back then wished they'd a made an attempt to get to know me.
(By the way, it took me almost 20 years after school to realize that people like nice people, not jerks).
 The next day, I decided to go help the volunteers go clean up....When I got there, all people were gone huh..They were done cleaning up...........I was SOOOOOooooo, depressed all the next day....I could still hear the seventies music, beers opening, glasses clanking, laughter from across the room......The "Spirit of 1976"
 Most of these people live close by but i only see a few of them in passing, ....
 I missed my 30 year re union because I had the weekends wrong, but I'm sure it wouldnt have been the same as the one before.(I can probably only carry one ice chest now!)

your friend,
john

qa33010
Field Bee

« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2008, 01:18:39 AM »

John,

I had a blast also!  I just wound up tongue tangled around these two women and founded sunny.  There were many folks that had not forgotten me and was in the running for the least changed, they hadn't seen me since sophmore year.  I do want to take the wife to the next one.  She went to so many schools she never really made friends.  The only one she did link up with was down in the Dallas area in the sixties and who now lives in Benton.

Actually I enjoy seeing old classmates because they are usually the ones that I got along with any way.  Even those who have sworn themselves my enemy as kids were actually good adults.  Could be we're just getting closer to the grave and finally realising life is too short.  I guess another first sign you're an old fart? huh

Everyone said it couldn't be done. But he with a chuckle replied, "I won't be one to say it is so, until I give it a try."  So he buckled right in with a trace of a grin.  If he had a worry he hid it and he started to sing as he tackled that thing that couldn't be done, and he did it.  (unknown)
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next