Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: honey glaze  (Read 1304 times)

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
honey glaze
« on: June 04, 2008, 02:55:37 PM »
didn't we have a recipe section?

does anyone have a good and simple honey glaze recipe for pork and chicken??  i have looked up several, but would like one that has been tried :-).  we tend more toward spicy if that narrows it down.

thanks in advance. 
.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
Re: honey glaze
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2008, 04:48:37 PM »
Yep. It is in the farming country life section.  :-D
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

:jerry:

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/

Offline Vetch

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2008, 05:04:34 PM »
We had wings last week.  I made a mix of about 50% honey, with vinegar, tomato sauce and spices.  Brushed that on half of the wings towards the end of the baking.  They browned up very nicely and were quite favored above the plain wings.

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2008, 05:59:14 PM »
what kind of spices did you use?
.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline Vetch

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2008, 06:08:19 PM »
Mostly hot sauce, paprika, coriander, cumin, black pepper, and salt. 

Offline Vetch

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2008, 06:21:21 PM »
Mostly hot sauce, paprika, coriander, cumin, black pepper, and salt.  I didn't use any recipe - just got creative.

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2008, 11:44:00 PM »
thanks.  at lease that gives me some ideas.  i'll try being creative :-)

Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline poka-bee

• Super Bee
  • I am NEVER bored!!
    • Darby Farms
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2008, 11:55:27 PM »
Go Kathy!  Some of our favorite dishes are from "what if I" moments!  I bet the spicy & honey is good!  Jody
I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard