Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
April 23, 2014, 07:37:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 22   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: May the tormenting continue...  (Read 54189 times)
bassman1977
"King Bee"
Super Bee

« Reply #220 on: June 08, 2009, 09:24:27 AM »

hissy fit hissy fit hissy fit hissy fit hissy fit hissy fit hissy fit hissy fit hissy fit hissy fit hissy fit hissy fit hissy fit hissy fit hissy fit hissy fit hissy fit hissy fit hissy fit hissy fit hissy fit hissy fit hissy fit hissy fit hissy fit hissy fit hissy fit hissy fit hissy fit hissy fit hissy fit hissy fit hissy fit

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(''')_(''')
bassman1977
"King Bee"
Super Bee

« Reply #221 on: June 13, 2009, 08:16:47 AM »

YEAH!  It's all over!  Nice series Danno.  I think Detroit was just too worn out.  Fleury was a wall last night!

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(''')_(''')
danno
Super Bee

« Reply #222 on: June 15, 2009, 07:33:40 AM »

Congrats Andy
Keith13
Super Bee

« Reply #223 on: June 23, 2009, 09:39:51 AM »

I guess I can congratulate you as well, even though I have a sick feeling in my stomach from it.

Keith
bassman1977
"King Bee"
Super Bee

« Reply #224 on: June 23, 2009, 11:44:44 AM »

Take a tablespoon of honey.   grin

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(''')_(''')
danno
Super Bee

« Reply #225 on: July 02, 2009, 08:57:25 AM »

Andy
Did you  hear Hossa is a Hawk forever?   12 years!!

Did you guys loose or gain anyone
Keith13
Super Bee

« Reply #226 on: July 02, 2009, 03:52:33 PM »

I saw the Flyers picked up Chris Pronger evil evil
It will give us another body to beat up on Crosby
bassman1977
"King Bee"
Super Bee

« Reply #227 on: July 04, 2009, 02:00:42 PM »

Did you  hear Hossa is a Hawk forever?   12 years!!

Screw him.   grin  He'll get his Cup in Chicago eventually.  They are a good young team.

Did you guys loose or gain anyone

We lost Scuderi.  Pretty sad.  I watched him in Wilkes-Barre but they just didn't have the cap space to keep him.  I'll root for him any day of the week.  We didn't gain anyone notable.  Mike Rupp from NJ.  He's a solid checking forward and will make a nice addition.

I saw the Flyers picked up Chris Pronger

He's a typical Philly addition.  Old and slow.

It will give us another body to beat up on Crosby

Crosby owns Philly.  Thank Hatcher for that.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(''')_(''')
Keith13
Super Bee

« Reply #228 on: July 06, 2009, 09:49:57 AM »

Did you see Hatcher will stay on as a coach rolleyes
great he will teach slow to all the young flyers
danno
Super Bee

« Reply #229 on: July 06, 2009, 12:36:52 PM »

Did you see Hatcher will stay on as a coach rolleyes
great he will teach slow to all the young flyers

Sorry to hear that Keith.   Just kidding!!     I liked him until he came to Detroit a few year back.   Took one hit and quit
bassman1977
"King Bee"
Super Bee

« Reply #230 on: July 06, 2009, 01:07:11 PM »

I really liked him pre-lockout but he couldn't hack it post lockout.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(''')_(''')
danno
Super Bee

« Reply #231 on: September 17, 2009, 08:21:27 AM »

Here we go again!!!!!!!!
bassman1977
"King Bee"
Super Bee

« Reply #232 on: September 19, 2009, 10:53:49 PM »

Yeah oh yeah.  I can't wait.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(''')_(''')
danno
Super Bee

« Reply #233 on: October 29, 2009, 02:01:28 PM »

Well my beloved redwings are not doing so well but here's one of our Local Michigan hockey boys that scored big

Sports Illistrated  Sportskid of the Year
Brian Mulherin - Daily News Staff Writer
Monday, October 26, 2009
Austin McCarthy of Ludington has been named the Sports Illustrated Kids Sportskid of the Year.
Austin was in New York this morning at CBS’ studios for a presentation on the network’s Early Show.
He fielded questions from host Harry Smith before S.I. Kids managing editor Bob Der appeared with a sign congratulating Austin and presented him with a varsity-style jacket.
“You aren’t just a finalist, you’re our Sportskid of the Year,” Der said.
Der said thousands of kids were considered for the honor, which is in its third year.
“This is for Austin’s outstanding achievements not just on the ice, but also in school and the community,” Der said on air. “We’re pleased to extend this honor for all the kids doing great things in school and sports.”
Austin told Smith that he scored 173 goals and 35 hat tricks last season. Smith explained a hat trick as being three goals in one game.
Co-host Maggie Rodriguez asked McCarthy if other teams didn’t want to play against him after a while, to which he answered, “no.”
After the presentation, Austin spoke with the Daily News by phone and said it was “cool” to get the award.
He said he would like to thank the people who voted for him and stuck to the one-word answers one might expect from a 10-year-old in an interview.
But asked about his new jacket, he opened up a little.
“It’s really awesome,” McCarthy said. “It’s red and white and says Sports Illustrated for Kids on the back and it says my name.”
Austin was named a finalist after a round of internet voting in September and was named Sportskid of the Year after another round of voting. Newspaper articles, radio spots, local television spots and even a Facebook campaign encouraged local residents to support him.
The 10-year old was named a Sportskid of the Month by the magazine in April after a recreational hockey season that included 173 goals and 46 assists in 48 games with the West Shore Wolves. He also won the hardest-shot competition at an all-state competition.
Austin’s mother, Erica, said she couldn’t tell anyone why they were going to New York, except Austin’s grandparents. Everyone involved thought all five finalists would be there.
Erica found out that her husband Shawn had initially submitted Austin as a Sportskid candidate when an e-mail came from the magazine. She said she had no idea a letter from her husband could turn into all this.
“Oh my gosh, no,” Erica said. “I really didn’t. I thought we’ve just gotta do what we can do and go for it. You want everything for your kid, but we really didn’t think it would happen. We’re in a small town, so you never know. But I think that benefitted us. You know everybody, and they tell their family that lives in Florida. My brother lives in Arizona and he told everybody. I think it just went from there.”
Erica said the best part about the award may be that Austin gets to return to New York Dec. 1 for Sports Illustrated’s Sportsperson of the Year banquet, where Austin will be recognized along with the adult athlete of the year.
Der said Austin caught the magazine’s eye not just because of his accomplishments on the ice, but also for being an honor-roll student and a volunteer.
He said the honor is open to kids 8-15. They can nominate themselves and thousands do.
One thing that stood out about Austin was his statistics, Der said, which would be incredible at any level of hockey.
“Austin just came through with flying colors,” Der said. “It’s amazing from a relatively small community like Ludington.”
Although he would not give final numbers, Der said McCarthy had a “decisive victory in the online voting.”
Erica thanked everyone who took the time to vote for him.
“Thank you is just not enough, thanks for telling everybody you knew, the families. It was unreal the support from people in other states. It’s just incredible, I don’t even know what to say.”
Mary McCarthy, Austin’s grandmother, said she didn’t know he would win until about 7 this morning when she was watching the television program.
“I knew they were going to New York, but I thought at the time all five finalists were going,” McCarthy said. “I didn’t know that he was picked until 7 this morning when they ran the bios of what was going to happen. The announcer came on and said Ludington kid of the year. Until then I was waiting for an announcement.
“I thought the five would be there. It was very exciting to hear “Ludington kid of the year,” then we waited to see the program.”
McCarthy was thrilled for her grandson.
“It’s a wonderful honor for him and we’re very proud of him,” she said. “He’s a very good all-around little boy.”
Mary said she believes he’ll continue to do well.

bassman1977
"King Bee"
Super Bee

« Reply #234 on: October 29, 2009, 03:11:45 PM »

Nice!  Future Penguin.  grin

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(''')_(''')
Keith13
Super Bee

« Reply #235 on: October 29, 2009, 03:15:15 PM »

Crosby with the hat trick last night the kid is talented. Now if he could only grow a decent beard.
Give that guy a razor for christ sakes

Keith
danno
Super Bee

« Reply #236 on: October 29, 2009, 03:17:00 PM »

He doesn't need a razor Just put alittle milk on his face and let the cat lick it off
danno
Super Bee

« Reply #237 on: October 29, 2009, 03:18:03 PM »

did you guys see the amasing shot by that 9 year old in Boston?
Keith13
Super Bee

« Reply #238 on: October 29, 2009, 03:21:14 PM »

He doesn't need a razor Just put alittle milk on his face and let the cat lick it off

now thats funny lau
danno
Super Bee

« Reply #239 on: October 29, 2009, 03:22:27 PM »

Check this kid out
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 22   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next