Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
November 29, 2014, 01:13:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Coffee's Ready  (Read 54798 times)
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #540 on: October 18, 2014, 07:42:08 AM »

Good Morning everyone. It's been a while since this topic was posted in,but that time of year is rolling around in these parts where the darkness outside is running longer than daylight.
 With fall upon us I made the trip to the Elk County visitors center and surrounding areas to view the Elk herds a couple weeks ago. It is nearing the end of rut,but still a lot of bugling by the bulls in the late day and observing them keeping the herd rounded a bit.
 I had planned to go to the Punkin Chunkin event held every year in Delaware at the end of the month. But circumstances caused the event to be canceled this year. It would have been my first trip,so needless to say I was disappointed.
 However, a local fire department also puts on a chunkin event that I was unaware of until recently. Although not in any scope of size to the one in Delaware, I will take in this event today. It may be something to put on my list of things to do in the fall.
http://www.howardfire.com/announcements.html
 There will be a few showers around today,but the foliage is about peaked in color right now so I'll make the best of it.
 I know hunting is big this timeof year,but is there any other activities people enjoy doing this time of year? Wine makers, apple squeezers and such? It should be hard cider time coming soon?
GSF
Super Bee

« Reply #541 on: October 18, 2014, 10:22:31 AM »

Trick or treating! grin

"Life is hard, It's even harder when you're stupid."

John Wayne
jayj200
Field Bee

« Reply #542 on: October 20, 2014, 08:59:44 AM »

the latest here is this. hollow ween

some on dead end streets are blocking to all but local traffic in their neighborhoods

seams that they have noticed those that come by car come two or three times that night
 we have had enough!
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #543 on: November 22, 2014, 10:02:09 AM »

Wow,
Woke up to 2 degrees this morning. It is heading for 40 today then 50 tomorrow and 60 Monday. But temps like this morning and cold wind and air from the past week lets us know winter is coming to the Northern Hemisphere. I do count my blessings of not having snow like those in the down wind lake effect areas. Not too much on the agenda this weekend,I went for bloodwork in conjunction with my annual physical. Its nice to have a lab open at 6:30 A.M. and no wait.
With that done, I can sit back and relax .With the balmier weather,perhaps I should drag out outdoor Christmas decorations since Thanksgiving will be upon us this week..
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #544 on: November 23, 2014, 02:38:12 AM »

That arctic blast was brutal.  Coldest spell so early in November that I can recall.  The river through our little town even froze over already.  There had been winters in the 90s and 00s where it never froze over at all.  Probably not a good sign for the rest of winter..... Sad

Speaking of Christmas lights, it might be about time to cue up Christmas Vacation.  Smiley

sterling
Queen Bee

« Reply #545 on: November 23, 2014, 08:41:20 AM »

That arctic blast was brutal.  Coldest spell so early in November that I can recall.  The river through our little town even froze over already.  There had been winters in the 90s and 00s where it never froze over at all.  Probably not a good sign for the rest of winter..... Sad

Speaking of Christmas lights, it might be about time to cue up Christmas Vacation.  Smiley

Globle Warming has reared it's ugly head. happy campers
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #546 on: November 23, 2014, 11:55:05 AM »

Much more pleasant today. I'm trying my baking skills. Started some sourdough last week. I made some sourdough cinnamon rolls this morning. Came out okay, so I am going to make a second batch today. I will add more cinnamon/brown sugar mixture though.
The ones I made this morning tasted pretty good, but the sourdough is really dominant in the flavor over the cinnamon/brown sugar. Smiley
jayj200
Field Bee

« Reply #547 on: November 24, 2014, 05:14:48 PM »

Blame it on Global warming= no GOD
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #548 on: November 27, 2014, 06:39:55 AM »

Good Morning and happy Thanksgiving everyone.
With all that is going on in the world today is a good to to ponder all that we as Americans have to be thankful for.
We cleared the 7 1/2 inches of snow  from the patio and driveway yesterday afternoon and now Thanksgiving dinner will be prepared.The snow is laying heavy in the trees still, so sunrise should be beautiful before the snow melts from the branches.
So I wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving! Enjoy.
Keith13
Super Bee

« Reply #549 on: November 27, 2014, 08:37:39 AM »

Happy thanksgiving to you as well. No snow down here but there is a slight freeze out. We are riding out to my sisters house for dinner today. We plan to fry some turkeys as well as bake one it should be a good spread. thanksgiving has always been my favorite holiday. All the family gets together and there isn't  the fuss of Christmas. Have a great day

Keith
sterling
Queen Bee

« Reply #550 on: November 27, 2014, 08:55:40 AM »

HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all ya'll.  We started our turkey dinners with one side of the family last night. Good eatn and good conversation.
We all have more to be thankful for then can be mentioned. One thing I'm thankful for is I didn't have to shovel snow. Ha ha
jayj200
Field Bee

« Reply #551 on: November 27, 2014, 08:56:26 AM »

Happy Thanks Giving to all and to all a good night!
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #552 on: November 27, 2014, 10:29:40 AM »

Happy Thanks Giving to all.

I started by eating half a pumpkin pie last night and the turkey is in the oven now. Life is grand.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
Geoff
Field Bee

« Reply #553 on: November 27, 2014, 04:40:42 PM »

Happy Thanksgiving to ya'll from Downunder. Hope the rot that is going on around the country abates quickly, but good to see that some African Americans are putting their hands up for common sense.

About to have my first coffee for the day.

Local Area Network in Australia - the LAN down under.
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #554 on: November 27, 2014, 06:39:03 PM »

Cheers on the day to come Geoff.
 And Iddee, I can assume you fiished that pie today?  It would be a shame for it to be all alone in the pan! Wink
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #555 on: November 27, 2014, 10:12:17 PM »

I'm thankful we're JUST cold here  Smiley
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #556 on: November 27, 2014, 10:21:39 PM »

Somebody beat me to it, buzzbee. I had to start on another one tonight.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next