I eat a tablespoon (at least) of fresh or fresh-frozen pollen (from my own colonies, of course) every day year-round since I started collecting last June.
Loads of raw (never heated) honey also (can't forget the royal jelly either, lol). I can understand the homeopathic argument that the pollen collected may not be what one is allergic to and, therefore, ineffective (Homeopathy is somewhat controversial on it's own) - but my personal experience is to the contrary as well. I have viscous hay fever, allergic to weeds & grasses but my condition has improved significantly
when taking pollen, etc.,. So far this year <knocks on wood> my allergies are non-existent.
Even if pollen weren't a remedy I'd still be taking it. It's so healthy ~> Flower power! :-D Really all the bee products are so excellent; honey, pollen, royal jelly, propolis, wax... bee's wax candles, for example, reportedly help clean the air:
Candles made of pure beeswax have well documented anti-allergic properties. Are you bothered by tree pollen, mold spores, or dust? These nefarious particles are positively charged and conduct static electricity. Allergy sufferers are encouraged to close the windows of their house and light a pure beeswax candle. The all-natural wax emits negatively charged vapors that will IONIZE the air. Burning beeswax candles liberates the air of positively charged allergens as it emits negatively charged vapors into the atmosphere. Try it...it works!
& propolis, when vaporised, reportedly kills airborne pathogens:
Experiments carried out in schools by the A.S.L. 5 of Collegno (Turin) have shown, after three days of utilization of the Propolis vaporizer within a confined environment, resulted in an average reduction of the microbial load by 71.8%!!!
So it's beeswax candles heating (vaporizing) propolis @ casa de bramage! :mrgreen: