This was supposed to be a simple job. ;) The idea was that the bees were in the vinyl soffit, and I could sit on the corrugated aluminum roof, undo the vinyl soffit sections and whalla, remove the bees, hahahahaahahaahaahaaha!
I could tell right off they were not in the soffit, and that they were in between the floor joists. Decided to go in through the floor since I was getting readings in two different sections.
Not a lot of comb but a lot of bees.
These bees were so nice, the nicest in fact, couldn't make them sting me! In fact, at one point in the removal process, I decided to remove my veil. At one point I was laying on my back with my head dipped between the floor joists trying to spot the queen, and the bees paid no mind to me, did not smell even a hint of bananas the entire time. I wish they were all like this!!
The queen did a disappearing act betwen the end cap and the exterior batting, so I had no choice but to set the hive up within 8" of where I knew she was, in hopes she would come out and enter.
I left the job and went and did another job in Pearl River, and when finished came back to Bay St. Louis.
Still had a bunch of bees clustered near the end cap, but the queen had moved out and was in the cluster amongst them!
I reached in and proved this by catching her in a handful of bees. Was it nice seeing her when I opened my hand onto the top cover! It was a wonderful ending to a long day.
I included some nice pictures of the bay from the upper porch top, of course with bee pics as well.