Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 25, 2014, 05:22:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat(1)  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MacDonalds introduces SWEET TEA to the Country  (Read 4024 times)
mairghead
House Bee

« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2008, 12:03:02 PM »

Our local McDonalds must mess it up.  It's not worth trying here.  Bandana's BBQ here in town has a sweet tea that passes the taste buds of my Texas friends, but for now I'm passing on the McDonald's version.

Jackie
HAB
HEAVENLY BEEKEEPER
Field Bee

« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2008, 01:06:16 PM »

Like so many the from the north who think everyone from the south is a redneck!  Doesn't matter what your position is in life you'll always be a redneck in to them. Smiley
Scadsobees
Galactic Bee

Best use of smileys in a post award.

« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2008, 03:14:26 PM »

I tried McD's sweet tea, and nope, not impressed.  Too much sugar, not enough flavor.  Like most crap designed for the masses.

Apologies to those southerners if Mcd's got the formula close and that is what it is supposed to be, but I doubt it.

Rick

Rick
mairghead
House Bee

« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2008, 04:55:42 PM »

Here it tastes to me like they are trying to stir it in and not cook it in.  It makes a big difference.  It also taste to me like they are using a poor quality tea.

Jackie
Kev
House Bee

« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2008, 08:04:52 PM »

Here it tastes to me like they are trying to stir it in and not cook it in.  It makes a big difference.  It also taste to me like they are using a poor quality tea.

Jackie

They may just not sell enough tea. If you let tea sit too long without keeping it cold it starts to taste nasty, sweet or unsweet. Brewed tea really should be refrigerated if you don't go through fast. I can always tell when yankees let their tea sit too long because it tastes like it.

I've heard sweet iced tea called the table wine of the south. (I grew up in Memphis, where it's hot and flat and cotton is still king.)

Kev

One could do worse than be a swinger of birches.
Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2008, 12:48:21 AM »

I like Tarter Sauce with my Fish (Halibut) & Chips, don't ruin the fish with it but it's better than Catsup on the fries. 

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
poka-bee
Super Bee

I am NEVER bored!!

« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2008, 09:19:58 AM »

My own tartar sauce is great on the fish but has to be mixed w/catsup for the fries, sour cream mixed w/catsup is good for fries too!! grin  Jody

I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard
Scadsobees
Galactic Bee

Best use of smileys in a post award.

« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2008, 01:17:27 PM »

Hmmm... around here, we each ketchup with our fries. rolleyes  My kids eat pretty much anything with ketchup.

Rick
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2008, 01:24:25 PM »

My Mom always did fries and gravy - it was her favorite side dish, a good dark gravy, thick too and a nice pile of fries.

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
derrick1p1
House Bee

« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2008, 02:19:29 PM »

I think their tea is good.  I went in the other day to grab a $1 tea and they were making large batches right there.  (doing it correctly by adding sugar to the warm tea).  Of course, for a $1 I can make a huge batch at home.

Here, sweet tea is the only way to go.  Especially when enjoying a chicken biscuit from Chick-fil-A.

I won't let grass grow under my feet, there will be plenty of time to push up daisies.
Beekissed
House Bee

Location: (WV) I'm not in the middle of nowhere, but you can see it from here...

« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2008, 07:12:18 PM »

Here in the hills, its ice tea or sweet ice tea....with real sugar, thank you!  None of that wussy Sweet'n'Low or Splenda!  I have to order it in the restuarants as the chlorinated town water is not palatable and can almost be masked by the ice tea!  Not quite, but almost!  Nothing better than sweet ice tea from a mountain spring, though!

"...he maketh me to lie down in green pastures..."
HAB
HEAVENLY BEEKEEPER
Field Bee

« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2008, 07:17:11 PM »

Thats so true!  Here we have a deep well that pumps out the sweetest water, makes the best sweet tea! Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley
Amanda
New Bee

« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2008, 09:28:45 AM »

When I lived in Pa, we called it ice tea (not iced), but we drank it sweetened because a friend from Fl taught us how to make it.  I live in Ga now, and when I order ice tea in a restaurant, the waitress lookes at me funny and askes if I want sweet tea.  Also, the sweetened tee that I drank in Pa would be concidered unsweet compared to the tea here.
Keith13
Super Bee

« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2008, 08:32:47 AM »

I've tried their sweettea . I like it . Here in South Central Kentucky everyone drinks sweettea .
Here is something else that may seem weird to people not from here , All softdrinks are called cokes
Pepsie is called coke , 7 Up is called coke etc.
(example) I'm going to the corner store to get a coke .  Wink

I know what you are talking about we do the same around here. alot of times we will say something like " hey get me a coke" and the reply is "what kind" to that they will say "Dr Pepper or pepsi or diet coke" its crazy but true
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next