Today I removed a colony that swarmed into a soffit two weeks ago. I left my camera at home, but the customers, husband and wife, took pics and video, so I will post these when I get them.
The bees were very gentle, only 347 stings, nahhhh just kidding.
Afew accidental stings on the hands.
At one point a large section of comb fell apart and on to my hand. I had to use my other hand to brace the comb so it would't hit the ground and kill a bunch of bees. I figured when the comb smashed onto my hand I would immediately feel at least 20 stings, but not one stung me, it was weird, I was lucky.
Which brings this point to mind. For those of you doing removals on brand new hives, its almost better if you can wait a little while before doing the removal as the new combs are very fragile to work with.
They almost always fall apart and rend themselves useless. I think if you could wait perhaps a couple of months, the combs would be more rigid and easier to deal with. My .02 here and based on experience with dealing with young hives. To each his own though.
Oh, I picked up a rotozip from H.D., its the bomb!!!