Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
August 02, 2014, 04:35:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: United North American Countries?  (Read 1213 times)
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« on: April 22, 2008, 11:54:32 AM »

Are we suddenly gonna get bigger?

North American Union?
http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/index.php?cl=7507334

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2008, 03:24:40 PM »

if we are headed for a one world government, this would be a natural step.  it is interesting that prophecy, both biblical and other, appears to be being fulfilled.  in the past, people had to twist events to make them fit predictions.  i don't think we need  to do that now.  i think i'll buy more VeriChip stock  smiley

i have argued against this conspiracy theory in the past, but there are pressures that could bring it about.  the rapidly growing Latino population would not be to upset if the borders were opened/gone.  they have an ever growing impact on policy.  the only thing i can think of that would make the Canadians go for it, is a security issue.  there are certainly problems in Canada that could lead them into a security problem.  in general, Canadians are more left leaning.  they have more of a UN view of the world than we do. 

why would we do it?  i see no advantage to us.  opening up to Mexico and all it's problems would be a disaster. some states would be burdened by open borders.  i can't see  how we'd do it without  hefty amendments to the constitution.

the conversation has been had in academic circles.  in fact, i think it was a Canadian who first publicly supported the idea. 

i don't think it will happen in  the near future.  look how long Europe has been at it. 

there is one other scenario:  if the US were to suffer a massive attack and people needed to take shelter in other countries.  i don't think that an attack on Canada would do it, simply because they don't have many people.  we could absorb or assist without major reorganization.  perhaps an attack on Mexico would do the same.  both Canada and the US would need to be open to refugees.  Mexico has resources and nutball neighbors.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2008, 06:22:49 AM »

Kathy, I can't understand why you didn't believe it, I've been hearing this for years and totally believed it.  That's why they're working so hard to disarm us all.  That's also why instead of building the wall between us and Mexico we've sent Mexico 1.6 billion - to bee up their southern border,  This whole thing is supposed to take effect in February 2011.  Canadian citizen don't want to be Americans, nor vice-versa.  But we are going to be one big happy family anyways, because it's already been decided.

- Ann, A Gardening Beek -  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Click for Hanson, Massachusetts Forecast" border="0" height="150" width="256
abejaruco
Field Bee

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2008, 09:26:34 AM »

opening up to Mexico and all it's problems would be a disaster.
For sure! Mexico is a cancer of corruption. It´s not a modern country, but a medieval one, where pseudoeuropean oligarchy sucks the indians blood. rolleyes

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2008, 10:13:29 AM »

reinbeau, i'm not saying i believe in this conspiracy theory now.  there are many around.  some have a seed of truth in them, many do not.  i'm just saying that there are certain scenarios under which this might happen.  without a doubt, there are people who think it is a good idea, and would support it.

abejaruco, true and sad.  Mexico is a country rich in tradition and resources.  weak leadership and corruption have caused it to be a 3rd world country.  i always loved going down there.  great people.  much to see.  when i crossed the border into TJ, i felt i'd traveled a million miles.  it is hard to believe that one can go a few miles, and travel from relative wealth to tar paper shacks in a river bottom.  much of the tourist part of Mexico has since been cleaned up.  people don't see the poverty unless they get out. 

every time i hear an american whine about what they don't have, or how unfair life is, i remember kids eating out of the garbage dump or the family living in the old bus.  they  had a cook fire in the middle of the floor and a hole in the roof.  they had a nice place.

i wish every american could see real poverty 1st hand.  pictures don't do it.  you have to smell it.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2008, 01:35:50 AM »

May I remind everyone:  European Union.  1 step in Globalization.  A North American Union would just be another and a good way to get around all the Amendments to our constitution and render it nothing more than the same status as a individual states constitution.

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2008, 06:34:46 AM »

I'm having a hard time understanding why anyone wouldn't believe the buzz about the North American Union.  Time will tell, and I will not be happy at all to say I told you so someday - but I truly believe it's going to happen, and I am no conspiracy theorist.

- Ann, A Gardening Beek -  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Click for Hanson, Massachusetts Forecast" border="0" height="150" width="256
abejaruco
Field Bee

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2008, 10:54:05 AM »

As we say in Spain: "together but not scrambled", Union is good, but everyone on his side.
Mexico with USA would be like UE and Turkey. It´s the background, and the patio is better clean than with rats.
HAB
HEAVENLY BEEKEEPER
Field Bee

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2008, 03:44:04 PM »

Don't see it happening any time soon.  Eventually, quite possible.  Would I like it, No.  But NAFTA was the first step, and look where we are now.  My dearest friend is of Mexican heritage.  His family has lived in California for the last 75 years.  And he is the first to say that an open border is a mistake.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2008, 04:16:11 PM »

there was one thing i forgot.  this might also drive us in the direction of 'union'.

oil

Brazil has found a huge oil field.  Venezuela has oil.  Canada and Mexico export.  now the US has reportedly found a large oil field in the Dakotas and we know there is much more oil in Alaska.  any number of oil related things could happen that would cause us to form AMEROPEC.  war in the middle east that destroys oil-loss of ability to import or export-a 70's type embargo-an alignment of countries like china, India, and it OPECs against the west......

while i don't have a huge problem with NAFTA, i know it makes some crazy.  on balance, trade is to benefit of all. be competitive or go out of business.  trade is a form of competition, not a reason to unify.

Alexis de Tocqueville
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next