Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 26, 2014, 07:16:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: milk goat  (Read 7094 times)
poka-bee
Super Bee

I am NEVER bored!!

« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2009, 10:36:08 PM »

Lone I have had both.  I loved my Dexter and the milk was way better than goats milk.  Goats milk in my coffee & on my cereal just didn't do it..not to forget butter, whipped and ice cream! grin  And yes, too poor to own a cow or a goat now! evil
Jody

I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard
Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2009, 06:04:09 PM »

Why do folk have Dexters? 

Too poor to own a real cow and too proud to have a goat.

Smiley

Actually mini's cost more than their full sized counterparts.  The hobby or gentleman farmer has mini's the real but poor farmer labors are fulled sized.

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
poka-bee
Super Bee

I am NEVER bored!!

« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2009, 01:11:47 PM »

Brian you are right about the initial cost but the feed, conversion & impact on small pastures is way less with small animals. Not to mention at 5'2" and 110# it is much easier for me to wrangle a 5-800# animal that stands 43" compared to a 1000-1500# 50-60 " one!  Wink

Jody

I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #43 on: October 27, 2009, 01:25:57 PM »

+ i have no use for the amount of milk that i'd get from a full size milker.  even a mini would probably give me more than i need.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
tshnc01
House Bee

« Reply #44 on: November 17, 2009, 07:00:09 PM »

Well, we ended up selling our dairy goats recently and just bought a Jersey cow.  As I said before, I liked the goat milk; however my family didn't seem to enjoy it quite as much (especially this year, it seemed more goaty).

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next