Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 20, 2014, 02:28:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat(1)  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I have posted here before how my Mom has been up and down.  (Read 1185 times)
BigRog
House Bee

« on: November 09, 2004, 04:15:25 AM »

I have posted here before how my Mom has been up and down. Well the news from the Dr this morning was that it's time to go to a hospice. She has congestive heart failure, is barely concious and is not eating. They can't give her a IV, they are restricting fluids to keep the congetion in her lungs down. She is on lasix but is only marginally responding to that. I appreciate the thoughts and prayers that you have for me and my family, now it is just time to wait.

"Lurch my good man,…what did you mean when you said just now that 'You've got better things to do than run my petty little errands'…….?"
Anonymous
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2004, 08:43:28 AM »

When they stop eatting the time is near. Spend as much time by her side as you are able. Talk to her, remind her that you remember all the things she did that were special for you. She more than likely will come out of the present state and you will think she is on the mend.
My dad did that the evening before he passed away. He even made some jokes and acted better than he had for months.
I am so sorry to hear of the relasp and will keep you in my thoughts. I am never good with expressing the feelings I have with things like this. I would not trade the last 72 hours with my dad for anyother time period in our realationship.
 Cheesy Al
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2004, 02:47:51 PM »

Rog:

You know I have followed closely as possible all your Mom posts and this is a sad one indeed. I can nly wish her and you the best and most humane treatment in these days.

I know you have seen my Father's Dedicated page and I can tell that many of the good time I missed with him is NOT the case with your Mom, so both she and you will have memories as these tough days come and pass.

I learned a great deal with the passing of my Father and I have grown as a person, a son, a care-giver and a human in the last few years and EVENTHOUGH my Mom has not been very mobile and our short adventures (those which create lasting memories) have been feww, I still feel good that in the end times, my Mom has had me near her as often as possible.

Right now Tracey's father is just finishing surgury to remove a massive hernia and also to replace the out-dated pacemaker that he has failing in his chest. Tracey is at the hospital now awaiting him to come out of recovery and return to his room.

I'm glad your Mom has you there to help her and be with her Rog, and even in hospice or nursing home care, I know you Mom will hear from you and see you as often as possible - that interaction in this stage of her life will ground her and ready her for dealing with natural events to follow.

Without getting to far out in space, I hope you read (or have read my OBE Section) www.beemaster.com/obe.html and see what I think happens after the suffering of life's latter days are long beyond us. I think it is a very logical and scientify compilation of what happens when the phsyical body stays behind and the conscience body (the real part of all of us) is left to return to the cosmic pool of energy where we all are from and always will be when NOT limited to the restrainsts to the phsyical body.

Good luck my Freind - your Mom is is in our prayers ans I hope that whatever happens that it is peaceful and humane and don't every forget: Memories are the threads that hold us closet to those who have moved on, as long as we have memories, then they are with us.

God Bless Rog. You are very much in the thoughts of many many people here and that has always brought me a great piece of mind - I hope it does to you too!

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
BigRog
House Bee

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2004, 12:14:22 AM »

Thanks I know the people here care and am very gratefull for that. The hospice care will be done in the hospital, We had a choice of a nursing home, the hospital and her coming home. At home, which I would really like, I simply cannot give the level of care needed around the clock, nurses would come in to monitor and test and oversee, but it would be just me and as much as I would love to I cannot do this job justice. I have been her cagegiver for almost two years but now she is immobile and That along with the emotional burden right now is past what I can do.
We chose the hospice at the hospital because I do not see the point of moving her and they have been giving very good care. Plus the hospital is fifteen minutes away so it makes it easier to get there a few times a day.
She was very alert tonight, just got home, it was encouraging but I know that often people come back for you one more time. Thats ok too, I pray she goes peacefully.

"Lurch my good man,…what did you mean when you said just now that 'You've got better things to do than run my petty little errands'…….?"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next