This is a perennial question over 'poisonous' honey and rhododendrons. There is one specific rhododendron, I believe it is R. ponticum, that produces nectar that will be processed into honey that has psychotropic properties. It makes you crazy (high) but also gives you a really bad stomach ache. There are stories all over the internet about poisonous honey and people dying, it just isn't true. First off, the bees don't really care for rhododendrons, for whatever reason, you'll see far more bumblebees on them than honeybees. If they do visit the rhodies, it's early in the season, the honey they may make will be used up by the hive before the honey we want to harvest. Don't worry about a few plants nearby, as I have said many times on this forum, we're surrounded by a rhododendron collection of almost eight acres, and we have had no problem with our honey whatsoever.