Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
August 22, 2014, 06:56:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vanity is my favorite sin  (Read 931 times)
Understudy
Galactic Bee

« on: April 09, 2008, 07:40:34 AM »

http://classes.bus.oregonstate.edu/ba465/Stories/Ackoff%27s%20elevator%20story.htm

Just amazing.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible
Sean Kelly
Field Bee

I Pick; Therefore I Grin

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2008, 06:12:04 AM »

That's great. 

Sean Kelly

"My son,  eat  thou honey,  because it is good;  and the honeycomb,  which is sweet  to thy taste"          - Proverbs 24:13
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2008, 01:29:34 PM »

Ha!  That's funny  cheesy

I work in fitness, I'm a Pilates instructor.  I interract with people I call 'gym rats', they're constantly exercising, usually in big gyms where there are mirrors everywhere.  So many of them just can't keep from looking at themselves in a mirror.  A friend of mine in particular, who has been a fitness instructor for many years (now she's become certified to teach classical Pilates like me), will have almost full conversations with me, all the while staring at herself in the mirror.  I don't think of it as vanity so much as the constant need to make sure she's sitting correctly, or pulling her abs in, whatever.  I don't look in the mirrors much, I don't want to worry about every little wrinkle I see nowadays  rolleyes cheesy

- Ann, A Gardening Beek -  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Click for Hanson, Massachusetts Forecast" border="0" height="150" width="256
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2008, 02:06:58 PM »

i like the tv screens on the machines at my gym.  they have just the right curve to make me look about 10 lbs lighter  smiley  gym rats.   that's funny! 

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2008, 09:26:04 PM »

It comes from my thoughts on treadmills.  I can't stand them.  I'd rather be outdoors walking (I powerwalk, 4.5 to 5 mph, every day, for three miles or so), to me staying indoors on a treadmill is just like being a rat on a wheel.  evil

- Ann, A Gardening Beek -  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Click for Hanson, Massachusetts Forecast" border="0" height="150" width="256
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next