Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 29, 2014, 09:48:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wanna see something really scarey?  (Read 1641 times)
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« on: April 13, 2008, 09:08:02 AM »

If you want to watch a cool little video about a trail on the side of a mountain that leads to a rock climbing place, watch this, it will knock your socks off and also at the same time make you kind of dizzy, hee, hee.  Beautiful day in this wonderful life we share.  Cindi

http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=1438490562

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
annette
Galactic Bee

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2008, 12:47:37 PM »

Cindi,

I was screaming when I watched this. I could not believe this. How do you suppose this was done???

Annette
JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2008, 01:15:17 PM »

You should at least get a t-shirt after completing the course.

Helmet cam?

I watched the entire video, with my noonie in my mouth!!! grin Notice the pieces of walkway missing, what happened to those guys? Cry

And imagine this, people had to build this walkway, can you imagine that project?

...JP

"Good friends are as sweet as honey" Winne the Pooh

My pictures can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

My website JPthebeeman.com http://www.jpthebeeman.com/jpthebeeman/
Clegs
House Bee

Let the good times roll!

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2008, 03:31:31 PM »

That looks like so much fun!!!  Oh my, that is awesome!
That would be like a dream hike, to walk along ridges like that.  I've done stuff like Angle's Landing but never stuff with quite that big of a drop off and needing to balance like that.

calebgo.com - My website
buzzbeejr
Josh
Youth Group
Field Bee

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2008, 09:00:00 PM »

wow, great balance.

MMMMMMMMM!!!!!! Doughnuts.- Homer Simpson
Sean Kelly
Field Bee

I Pick; Therefore I Grin

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2008, 03:44:34 AM »

Freakin incredible!  I had to wake my wife up and drag her out of bed to show her this!

Sean Kelly

"My son,  eat  thou honey,  because it is good;  and the honeycomb,  which is sweet  to thy taste"          - Proverbs 24:13
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2008, 08:54:52 AM »

Annette, the dude must have had a camera on his head or something.  I nearly fainted when I watched this video, I was hyperventilating like nothing on earth.  Especially when I saw the holes in the landing that he had to jump over or walk along the edge on, I nearly fell off too.

Clegs, I don't know why, but that is something that I thought you might be interested in, when I read your comments, I thought to myself, yep, I bet this guy would, no clue why I thought that, but maybe for some reason you have come across as a dare devil.

I could see my lil' Brother doing this.  He is the one that sent me the video.  He is a speelunker (spelling?) and he loves to rock climb too, crazy little dude.  That is the one that is the director of production for that show "Road Hockey Rumble".  He is one crazy lil' guy.  But man, do I love this lil' Brother of mine that I did mean little tricks and things to when he was a little kid.  Not to be mean, but he was a daredevil then too.

I remember one time when I was looking after him after kindergarten, I was a young woman then (ooops, when was that anyways?).  He came over to my place each day after kindergarten to play with my oldest Daughter, who would be 4 years younger than him.  Anyways, I got him to smell some ammonia cause he was bugging me to smell it.  His reaction (when I think back on it, I feel horrrible) was incredible, his head bumped backwards and he began to cry and got a bleeding nose.  I had no clue that it would hurt his nostrils.  I feel so bad!!!!

My oldest Daughter was telling me recently that he always played tricks on her.  Like the time they were down on his beach at my Mother's and he was wood burning the beach logs with a magnifying glass in the hot summer sun and he got her to put her hand under the glass.  What a dummy, she did.....say no more....boy did he get crap for that one.  Beautiful and wonderful day in the beauty of a life we live.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2008, 12:43:45 PM »

This would make a wonderful site for a real classy horror movie, imagine a JASON or Freddy type chasing you around this surrealistic course. It beats the dangers and claustrophobic campfire scenes in your average thriller and really shows some beautiful sites. This must be awesome in an IMAX 3D - wow! Thanks Cindi. Evertime he walks over those rails that aren't much wider than a 2X4 on end, I think I'd probably pass out there. And man do you need to be a trusting person walking around someone else on a 18 inch wide drop off - wow!

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
Miss Pepper
New Bee

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2008, 06:53:46 PM »

Holy Cow!!!  That is one amazing trail.  The only way I could do that would be crawling on my hands and knees or else on my stomach.  I did a little research on it and found out that it was built in Spain in 1901 (finished in 1905) as a way of transporting goods from one side of the canyon to the other.  Can you imagine being the delivery person?  Apparently there were several deaths in 1999 and 2000, so the trail was closed, but people still find their way in there to make the climb...
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2008, 07:38:04 PM »

Apparently there were several deaths in 1999 and 2000, so the trail was closed

shudder.....thus the holes  shocked

- Ann, A Gardening Beek -  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Click for Hanson, Massachusetts Forecast" border="0" height="150" width="256
Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2008, 12:55:21 AM »

I have Menier's disease and Achrophobia, ain't no way I would go there.

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next