Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
December 21, 2014, 03:51:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Adding a Posting date under the original poster  (Read 669 times)
sawdstmakr
Galactic Bee

« on: October 30, 2014, 11:19:57 AM »

Beemaster/Buzzbee,
Is it possible, the next time you are updating this site that you could add the original poster date right under the original poster's Name, in the "Started By" column. I think it would help especially when someone wakes up an old post.
Jim

"If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed.  If you do read the newspaper you are misinformed."--Mark Twain
BadMoonRising
New Bee

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2014, 08:12:26 PM »

I am guilty of that haha. I am using the tapatalk app and I was not looking at the dates of the threads before responding! :0
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2014, 10:09:23 PM »

That would be one for Robo. I am not sure the software will do that without changing code  in it. When you are responding to an old post it usually tells you this thread has not been responded to in "X" amount of days. We won"'t lock the threads as something pertaining to it comes up from time to time.
sawdstmakr
Galactic Bee

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2014, 11:22:05 PM »

That would be one for Robo. I am not sure the software will do that without changing code  in it. When you are responding to an old post it usually tells you this thread has not been responded to in "X" amount of days. We won"'t lock the threads as something pertaining to it comes up from time to time.
Thanks Ken. I have only seen that old post notice once.
Jim

"If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed.  If you do read the newspaper you are misinformed."--Mark Twain
jayj200
Queen Bee

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2014, 11:32:40 PM »

that other line you answered must of bothered you.

Got to be right all the time. I am human with bad eyes and a big foot
Robo
Technical
Administrator
Galactic Bee

Beekeep On!

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2014, 04:33:59 PM »

Ken is correct.   When someone reply's to a topic that has not had activity in the last 120 days,  they will get a warning message before they can submit the response.

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

sawdstmakr
Galactic Bee

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2014, 08:41:27 PM »

Ken is correct.   When someone reply's to a topic that has not had activity in the last 120 days,  they will get a warning message before they can submit the response.
Correct but the next person does not get the notice.
Jim

jayj200
Queen Bee

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2014, 08:29:34 AM »

is it really a big deal?
DavidD
New Bee

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2014, 09:02:44 AM »

I like it when old post are brought back to life  Smiley
Robo
Technical
Administrator
Galactic Bee

Beekeep On!

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2014, 09:09:16 AM »

Correct but the next person does not get the notice.
Jim

It is a catch-22,  if we created the notification for every post of a topic that had a 120 day lapse in activity,  the notifications would be popping up all the time.   It really needs to be at the discretion of the person reviving the post to decide,  that is why they get the warning.

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next