Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
April 17, 2014, 04:24:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The FDA may finally have gotten it's head out of it's bum  (Read 1408 times)
Understudy
Galactic Bee

« on: April 03, 2008, 08:43:23 AM »

http://www.nutraingredients-usa.com/news/ng.asp?n=84404-fcs-natural

In a nutshell, HFCS is not natural.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2008, 10:08:36 AM »

Brendhan, good.  The article says it all.....beautiful and wonderful day, Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
indypartridge
Queen Bee

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2008, 01:52:33 PM »

The HFCS folks didn't take long to respond:

A comment today by a single Food & Drug Administration employee regarding whether High Fructose Corn Syrup (HFCS) is “natural” was mistakenly portrayed by an online news outlet as the official position of the agency, but actually reflects only the personal view of that one employee who was responding to a reporter’s question.

In fact, the official FDA position on products made with HFCS is unchanged, and those products can be described as “natural” under current regulations. The Food & Drug Administration Regulations1 clearly state that a comment by an employee does not constitute an advisory opinion and does not obligate or commit the agency to the views expressed.

HFCS, like table sugar and honey, is natural. It is made from corn, a natural grain product. HFCS contains no artificial or synthetic ingredients or color additives and meets FDA’s requirements for the use of the term “natural.”

http://www.corn.org/HFCSnaturalStatement4-2-08.pdf
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2008, 04:59:30 PM »

Better nutrition through chemistry.  Sorry, HFCS people, it ain't natural, never has been, never will be, and it's no darned good for anyone, us or honeybees!  The increase in adult onset diabetes directly correlates to the increase in the use of HFCS's (no I don't have the data at my fingertips, but I've read papers on it.  Nutrition is one of my hot buttons).  It's just as bad for you as trans fats, only in a different way.  I know it's really important to wring every single dollar out of every molecule in a grain of corn, but what good will it do them all when we're all dead from the garbage they're passing off as 'food' these days?

'Eat food.  Not a lot.  Mostly plants.'  Anyone recognize that phrase?

- Ann, A Gardening Beek -  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Click for Hanson, Massachusetts Forecast" border="0" height="150" width="256
Understudy
Galactic Bee

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2008, 05:25:08 PM »

Michael Pollan!!!!

Jim, Tell him what he's won!

Sincerely,
Brendhan

The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible
Understudy
Galactic Bee

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2008, 05:50:04 PM »

Well it looks like they put it back in.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

wayne
House Bee

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2008, 07:47:04 PM »

Everyone dies from something, it might as well be jelly filled.

I was born about 100 years too early, or to late.
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2008, 09:58:52 PM »

Michael Pollan!!!!

Jim, Tell him what he's won!

Sincerely,
Brendhan

Bingo!  You must have read  his new one, then.  Here's an interesting interview of Michael Pollan, how science has hijacked our meals - and our health.  More people need to be aware of what they're doing to our food.

As for dying of jelly filled, that's fine, but I want mine made with pure, white and not-so-deadly sugar, please.  Wink

- Ann, A Gardening Beek -  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Click for Hanson, Massachusetts Forecast" border="0" height="150" width="256
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2008, 10:48:09 PM »

Oh Brendhan, that has gotta be one of the funniest things that I have seen in a long time, hee, hee, beautiful and wonderful day, Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next