Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
October 01, 2014, 09:04:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Idea about varroa  (Read 6935 times)
Finman
House Bee

« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2004, 09:10:31 AM »

Quote from: afar
I am sure herbs growing is beneficial to my bees.
[/quote]

Your faith is strong, but life or solution is not so easy.

I can tell a story:

There was a flood in some district. Flood raised and peoples climbed up to the roofs. Rescuers picked them onto  boats.

On a roof there was very devout person. He did not want to go to the boat. He said that God will rescue him. He has prayed whole his life.

He waited and prayed. An escimo arrived and asked: " Come on. Water is raising. You will be drowned".

- No I wait that God rescues me.

A boat arrived, and it was shouted:"Come on. Water is raising. You will be drowned".

A helicopter arrived and they shouted::"Come on. Water is raising. You will be drowned".

OK. The man died and he asked from Holy Peter on the gate of Sky:"Why God did not save me. I have been a good man whole my life".

- Peter said: "Sorry. We tryed to do that  three times".
Barny
House Bee

« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2004, 09:34:06 AM »

Why not plant herbs around the hives that menthol and other essential oils are derived from?  And by planting, I mean a mass several feet think, not just a few plants.
Anonymous
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2004, 02:09:33 PM »

Dear Finman, I agree with your view, but I have not seen varroa in my beehives yet, although threat is not far away,  most of the area of Scottish have been infected by varroa virus. But I will keep treating my bees with herbal plants and when I see varroa knocking my door I ‘ll change my mind. Still I have good faith in herbal remedy. Regards AFAR
afar
New Bee

« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2004, 02:12:49 PM »

Dear Finman, I agree with your view, but I have not seen varroa in my beehives yet, although threat is not far away, most of the area of Scottish have been infected by varroa virus. But I will keep treating my bees with herbal plants and when I see varroa knocking my door I ‘ll change my mind. Still I have good faith in herbal remedy. Regards AFAR
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next