Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 17, 2014, 10:20:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: lemon grass oil  (Read 10830 times)
tillie
Super Bee

Bee in N Georgia on a Blackberry flower

« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2008, 09:55:23 AM »

Whole Foods has it and you can buy it online from lots of places.

Linda T in Atlanta

http://beekeeperlinda.blogspot.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"You never can tell with bees" - Winnie the Pooh

Click for Atlanta, Georgia Forecast" border="0" height="60" width="468
Wes Sapp
House Bee

« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2008, 03:42:29 PM »

Thanks Linda T. I was trying to find it somewhere close by to save on shipping... looked on the web just to see how much shipping would be and Puritan Pride has a earth day special shipping price of .22 today only so I order a couple of bottles. Thanks again for your post if you hadn't I would have missed the special!!!

Wes Sapp
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2008, 07:46:02 PM »

i have gotten some really good deals on ebay.  there are a couple of ebay stores that give discounts for multiple items, and discounted shipping.  the last batch of stuff i purchased was less expensive even with shipping than i could find in town.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Vetch
House Bee

« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2008, 11:25:39 AM »

Has anyone tried just cutting lemon-grass and putting that in? Or planting it next to a trap?
Carriage House Farm
House Bee

« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2008, 06:19:28 PM »

Unfortunately, I do not think this will work.  Bees, to the best of my knowledge (and there's not much there, so take this with a grain of salt) are not actually attracted to the plant itself, but the sap from the plant's root.  Again, I could be wrong.

Its not even the sap I think but the distilled oil from the sap.

Lemongrass itself, makes a great part of a salad or side dish or in a soup.  I'll actually be offering it at farmer's market's this year if I can get it to grow in large enough quantities.

Supposedly citronella comes from Lemongrass.  Not to sure how that works out since its a repellant not an attractant.

Who knows.

Richard Stewart
Carriage House Farm
North Bend, Ohio

An Ohio Century Farm
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next