I think I had mentioned it once and admittedly I finished it about a month ago, I was just lazy in getting photos taken.
Anyways, I read on a website how someone had built a clear bee vac using rubbermaid style storage containers.
I decided to give it a try. When I build a better one, its going to be made of clear cut plexi glued together like a fish tank. Far too many curves, imperfections, and flex to measure and cut properly, so a whole lot of clear silicone caulk was used to help correct "errors".
Its an ugly son-of-gun but it seems to work the way it should. I have built three capture boxes and have flaps to go over the "filling" hole. As fragile as it looks, its fairly robust. At each entry for hose there is an invisible collar of clear plastic tabs to further support the hose connectors. I've dropped it a couple times accidentally with now breaks or failures. The "draft increase" tab works well too, allowing me to dial down the amount of air pulling the bees in.
SO here are the pics:
We'll see if it sucks up bees as well as it sucks up shaving from jointer. :-D
I'll post more pics when I use it...very soon. Just waiting on night time temps to pick up a bit.