I just had to go into the Admin Panel of the Beemaster.com site (the whole pizza of which the forum is but a slice of) and got some interesting stats that I thought you all might enjoy.
In September 2004 - Beemaster.com (including the forum, all pages and links) received
* 640,455 unique hits,
* 166,449 unique visitors,
* 2.7 million pages viewed
* a total of 3,443,343,977 btyes (3.4gig) of data transfer -
* forum hits over 273,000 with nearly 60% visiting the general section
* over 40% repeat visitors to the forum
* Beekeeping Course hits over 305,300 with average visitor spending more than 40 minutes reading the material in the course
Year to date date (staggering)
* 11.73 million unique visitors
* 34 million hits (note: many are NOT spending much time at the site, but they did click on the beecourse page 82% of the time, the forum 22% and my home page 16% - all due to the high ranking in the search engines)
* over 124 thousands viewers (not members or guests) of the forum have viewed at least one page in the forum. which mind you is still not one year old!
* Beemaster.com (actually the Beecourse page) is ranked 4th highest visited beekeeping page on the Internet according to Webstat Services (a tracking service linked to my servers admin service) when searching the term BEEKEEPING - pretty cool huh. The service says it rates over 4000 web search engines.
So that's where we stand, I give YOU the membership a great amount of credit when it comes to the success of the site in its ranking and visitation. By your visiting often, you create statistics that search engines use to classify where sites are placed in their listing order. Having a large membership and a VERY LARGE annonomous visitorship who also return frequently, our forum continues to find new members and will grow to better serve the members and guests as time goes on.
I'll be talking to the NPR Producer tomorrow night and we will get together within two weeks. After the Exposure on NPR I think we may see a VERY LARGE growth in membership - I can only see that as a positive move for the forum, giving everyone a chance to meet other people and share and learn from other people's experiences.
Thanks to you all for your family friendly, helpful and insightful input that we have all gotten so much from. BTW... our forum now takes a whopping 12.6 megs of space when backing it up - that is basically TEXT ONLY since all images are OFF-SITE, so we have actually collected MORE CONTENT then the "year long" OJ Simpson Trial Transcripts. Just thought I'd toss in that rather obscure fact!