Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
August 01, 2014, 12:51:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat(1)  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jamaica Bound  (Read 1459 times)
KONASDAD
Super Bee

« on: March 28, 2008, 05:07:12 PM »

I leave for Jamiaca early tomorrow. I am attempting to visit sean while there. He is 3 hrs away, but I have always wanted to see Kingston, and he is about 20 miles from Kingston. I want to see "trenchtown". The birthplace of a revolution! He has offered to come to Negril as well. I really want to accomplish this while there. We are palying it by ear so to speak, but I do want to make the attempt. My wife is understanding. Understudy gave me a prewritten speach he used for the permacomb!(kidding of course!)
In order to make this bee related, I did a last minute inspection. Our season is just getting underway here. I wanted to amke sure they had food and prevent swarming. The wild fruit trees are beginning to bloom today, which provides lots of great food and necatr.I added some frames of brood to my feral hive from mystrongets hive. Boy that hive is huge. I found 12 frames w/ some capped brood, and about seven covered on both sides almost entirely filled from top to bottom and side to side. In fact all my hives are presently thriving. I checkered boarded all of them, added some patties and gave them the last of my sugar boards, a;lthough I think the flow is about to begin.

Sooo, I got stung right in my eye. Right on the very edge of my outer eyelid. No plantain weed available yet either The only bad thing. I was in a rush and as I have 100 things to do before vacation(punishment before the pleasure), bees really like to go after my face. Never fails. When Understudy was here, he stood there and called my bee sissies, while they investigated my face. I can stand w/five people at a club meeting, I am the only one getting attacked in the face. So, now for vacation I might have one of those huge swelled eyes. Right now its only about a golf ball size. If it gets bigger, I promise pictures!!!!!!!Doesn't hurt, but my skin never seems to return back to its original size.

PS- I am bringing honey, lets hope tsa doesn't steal it!

"The more complex the Mind, the Greater the need for the simplicity of Play".
Understudy
Galactic Bee

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2008, 06:25:43 PM »

Step 1. Make a label that says "HONEY" and put a footnote. Not for the TSA to steal.
Step 2. Label Permacomb as Hi Grade Semtex. It will be fun I promise. Smiley
Step 3. When in Jamaica you want Ginger Beer or Stout Punch
Step 4. If you do to much of Step 3 you will forget to take pictures.
Step 5. Take pictures
Step 6. Read Step 5

Remember while you are in Jamaica drinking frozen Pina Colada's (they are more popular than margaritas) that the Cherry Hill has temps in the 50's F/ Teens C and Jamaica has temps in the 80s F/ 27 C. And it's okay to call your friends who are freezing their bums off and let them know where you are and what you are doing. Which is relaxing and taking it easy. Ya Mon. Smiley

Remember sean's bees may have more of an attitude problem than yours do and you may have both eyes swollen shut.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2008, 07:00:54 PM »

have fun.  take lots of pictures.  say hi to Sean.  you should have taken benadryl  evil

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
KONASDAD
Super Bee

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2008, 07:12:03 PM »

I took benadryl. Still huge and swolllen. I will take pictures.. Yes i know Seans bees have more attitude than mine. I guess the closer you get to equator, the nastier they get. Understudy, check out your t-shirt link, I made an offer. I guess i have to sweeten the pot(not a jamaican joke). I'll throw your wife-in.(see admin forum before flogging me).

asprince
Super Bee

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2008, 07:15:32 PM »

Do you plan to drink any of those drinks with the tiny umbrella?Huh??

Have fun, Steve 

Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resembalance to the first. - Ronald Reagan
Understudy
Galactic Bee

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2008, 08:10:26 PM »

I took benadryl. Still huge and swolllen. I will take pictures.. Yes i know Seans bees have more attitude than mine. I guess the closer you get to equator, the nastier they get. Understudy, check out your t-shirt link, I made an offer. I guess i have to sweeten the pot(not a jamaican joke). I'll throw your wife-in.(see admin forum before flogging me).

Yes I saw the offer for JP. No worries. Smiley

Sincerely,
Brendhan

The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible
Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2008, 12:37:21 AM »

Do you plan to drink any of those drinks with the tiny umbrella?Huh??

Have fun, Steve 

I would advise using a straw, those tiny umbrellas can get stuck in your throat.

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
KONASDAD
Super Bee

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2008, 10:13:13 AM »

Back. Unfortunately unable to see Sean. In preperation of leaving country I advised credit card companies of my plans, so my cards wouldn't be turned off for "unusual spending" patterns. Well, you can guess what happened. They turned them off, so I couldn't rent a car. Although frustrating, that was the only casualty from no credit. I did see lots of feral bees in Negril however.
One question- there was a tree that the locals called an almond. It had dark green nuts. Nonetheless, the bees were all over the tree, even w/o flowers. This tree looked nothing like the almond trees i see in BC and ABJ. I was negligent and didn't take any pics.

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2008, 12:15:51 PM »

get a new card.

looking forward to seeing your pics.  i hope you had a great time!

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next