Bob and I decided the best thing to do was to cut this mess out of the hive and tie it into fresh frames as best we could then feed them as much as they would take.
A week latter (Wednesday) I opened it for an inspection. they had chewed much of the string away and fastened the comb to the frames. The queen is doing well and laying like it is spring. Weird weather here has our flowering crab tree in bloom with no leaves and the snow ball bush is blooming again also.
Here are a bunch of random pictures.
I taking a look before cutting comb out.
Some of the frames had foundation at one time as I found wires as crimped wire foundation has.
A chunk of comb with brood
tieing some of the comb into frames.