Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
August 20, 2014, 10:42:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat(1)  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Surprise! My surgery got called off  (Read 3415 times)
annette
Galactic Bee

« on: February 27, 2008, 10:05:24 PM »

Well, I was supposed to have carpal tunnel surgery today, but the workers comp insurance compay denied the surgery at the very last moment. First they authorized it, then they denied it. It was a mess but now I am happily working my bees with no worries.

I may try alternative therapies now. Taking vitamin B6 200mg which was recommended by friends. May try accupuncture treatments, other things, any suggestions?Huh

Not sure what I will do now, but I am actually relieved about it all.

Got into both my hives and they are doing well and have everything they need for now.

Thanks for listening
Annette
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2008, 10:09:07 PM »

Apitherapy ?

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2008, 10:13:12 PM »

Annette, I wish you the best, friggin' insurance cos!!!!

....JP

"Good friends are as sweet as honey" Winne the Pooh

My pictures can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

My website JPthebeeman.com http://www.jpthebeeman.com/jpthebeeman/
annette
Galactic Bee

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2008, 10:19:10 PM »

Yes, I have been thinking about apitherapy. I do not think I could do this myself. Perhaps to start I would want to have someone else do this for me. I will look into this.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2008, 10:26:25 PM »

just close your eyes-shove your hand in the hive-bang it around a bit-instant apitherapy!!!

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
annette
Galactic Bee

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2008, 10:30:36 PM »

Kathyp

That was very funny indeed!! Well when I do investigate the cost of having someone else do this, who knows I may take your advice then.

Annette
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2008, 10:37:41 PM »

just close your eyes-shove your hand in the hive-bang it around a bit-instant apitherapy!!!

HEY!!!

That was my line.  Undecided

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2008, 09:37:24 AM »

Kathy, oooh you make me wanna laugh, oooh you make me wanna shout!!  YOu are a funnneeee girl.  Maybe Annette should try that.

Well Annette, it is all about what comes what may.  Maybe this surgery was not meant to be, one never knows.  Yes, alternative medicines.....let's see what comes of this.  I have no clue, but you will get many, many wonderful responses, like you have and more will come I am sure.....check it all out, girl.  I am grateful that you are open to alternative medicines, that is a blessing for you.  Have a wonderful, awesome and gorgeous day, groovin'.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
Frantz
Field Bee

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2008, 10:19:54 AM »

Annette,
I will do your apitherapy for you. I will do it today around 3:00pm let me know if it starts to work. If not I will try another dose around 6:00pm. Happy to help out.
Frantz

Don't be yourself, "Be the man you would want your daughters to marry!!"
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2008, 10:22:31 AM »

Frantz,  huh, Utah, California, how you gonna do that thing, right, you must be joking Annette, I am so guillable sometimes, have a wonderful and beautiful day, Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
KONASDAD
Super Bee

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2008, 10:32:08 AM »

IF you believe YOU need surgery and it is in your best interest than fight them. Comp money is money you already paid and should be there for job related injuries. The comp company winds up paying your legal bills too in most states. I assure you, their decision was not made in your best interest, but theirs and as such, it should be looked at circumspectively and w/ doubt. 

"The more complex the Mind, the Greater the need for the simplicity of Play".
abejaruco
Field Bee

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2008, 10:41:31 AM »

Annette, are you better now? Miracle, miracle!!!!... grin grin

Well, don´t look for a chaman. If you have a real problem, take a good doctor, now that you are young.
BeeHopper
Queen Bee

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2008, 10:42:35 AM »

I don't care who you are, but that's funny  cheesy

annette
Galactic Bee

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2008, 12:37:12 PM »

I have been fighting this claim since 2005 and I am tired of fighting it. It is basically my doctors claiming it is work related against there doctors saying it is not work related. I do have an attorney who is supposed to be helping me, but they haven't done  much to help the situation. Right now I want to go to Kaiser (my private insurance company) and get the surgery done there, but now Kaiser is telling me they cannot touch me until this claim is settled.

So I just want out of the whole thing with the workers comp insurance, so I can just go to Kaiser to be treated. That is what I am trying to do now. I just told my attorney to get me out and close down the whole case so I can begin to get some treatment at Kaiser.

In the meanwhile, I am willing to try something else.
Thank you all for the heart felt responses. I am very interested in the apitherapy and will see if I can tolerate those bee stings. I just want someone to show me what to do, and then I can probably do this myself.

Franz, OK lets see if your treatment works. I will close my eyes and imagine it.

Sincerely,
Annette
sean
Field Bee

« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2008, 01:03:47 PM »

just do as kathy advised. no experience required. evil grin
Frantz
Field Bee

« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2008, 04:14:56 PM »

Ok, I have been stinging myself here for about an hour?Huh? Nothing at all yet??
Even though this hurts and all, I guess it is better than driving to CA to help with the hives like I figured we were going to have to do.
Hope all turns out well for you Annette. I have been on the employer side of workers comp to many times. Last year I paid WC more than $100K, its a racket... For sure, but then again what ins company isn't....
Frantz

Don't be yourself, "Be the man you would want your daughters to marry!!"
abejaruco
Field Bee

« Reply #16 on: February 29, 2008, 04:15:55 AM »

I just told my attorney to get me out and close down the whole case so I can begin to get some treatment at Kaiser.

That´s the best you can do. Judges away, far away, zape, zape, a la rue.
I don´t know if lawsuits in America is like in Spain (or France, another monstruosity), but here usually "the issue at stake" finished with the stake incrusted in the head.

By the way, it is curious, in the american films that we see here, the judge is usually women and black. Is real or is it fiction?
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #17 on: February 29, 2008, 04:23:29 AM »

Judges come in all shapes, sizes, and colors. And gender. There is a Judge in Lubbock that is good looking and she looks too young to be a judge. And you got mean judges and nice ones.

Jerry

abejaruco
Field Bee

« Reply #18 on: February 29, 2008, 04:42:56 AM »

I told that because in Spain there are more number of female judges than male ones, but when you get up in the hierarchy there are only men. Like politics... few women in the high spheres.
Understudy
Galactic Bee

« Reply #19 on: February 29, 2008, 07:51:41 AM »

Call your state's Insurance control officer. In Florida this is an elected position.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next