Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
April 16, 2014, 07:43:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Breast Cancer Three Day in Atlanta  (Read 1091 times)
tillie
Super Bee

Bee in N Georgia on a Blackberry flower

« on: February 26, 2008, 03:01:28 PM »

I have decided to walk the Breast Cancer 3Day in Atlanta.  It is a 60 mile walk over three days to support the Susan G. Komen for the Cure.  I feel very lucky to have lived almost 60 years as a healthy person.  I would like every woman I know to have the same opportunity.  I thought it would be fitting to walk 60 miles in the year I will be 60!

In the last several years a number of my friends, colleagues, clients have dealt with breast cancer.  They are alive today because of breast cancer research.  Also I am the mother of three daughters and I want them to have healthy lives.

Included in committing to walk the three day is a commitment to raise $2200.  That's a lot of money but every little bit helps.  If any of you would like to support my effort, I have a donation page where you can contribute to the Breast Cancer 3  Day in my name and help me reach my goal as well as support important health focused research.

Here's the address of my donation page:  http://08.the3day.org/goto/lindatillman

So many of you have already been so very helpful to me in my beekeeping efforts and I have been so grateful.  This is not a beekeeping request but a request for help that can make a difference in the health of women (and some men) in the world. 

If it's something you can help with, thank you so much in advance!

Warmly,

Linda T in Atlanta, training hard for the 3 Day

http://beekeeperlinda.blogspot.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"You never can tell with bees" - Winnie the Pooh

Click for Atlanta, Georgia Forecast" border="0" height="60" width="468
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008, 06:22:34 PM »

that's a great undertaking.  you must be in great shape!  one word......moleskin!!!!!  smiley

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
tillie
Super Bee

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2008, 08:25:14 PM »

you must be in great shape!

I wish.....the walk is in October so I am embarking on a strict training program.  I walk all the time - almost every day and hike in the mountains when I'm up there, but this will definitely be a challenge.  The last time I walked a distance was in the Thanksgiving Half-Marathon in Atlanta three years ago - and that was only 13 miles.

I'm trying to do my fund raising now so that I can concentrate on getting into "great shape!"

Linda T huffing and puffing in Atlanta

annette
Galactic Bee

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2008, 10:57:22 PM »

OK, will do Linda. This is a great undertaking and I understand your feelings. I lost a very good friend to breast cancer. I printed out the form and will mail it in.

Annette
tillie
Super Bee

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2008, 11:05:38 PM »

Thanks, Annette - I have several friends who were diagnosed in the last few years and one of my favorite Atlanta beekeepers whose children are very interested in the bees as well was just diagnosed so I feel really inspired to do this. 

Linda T hopeful in Atlanta

Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2008, 09:51:46 AM »

Linda, I think that you are a great and wonderful woman, you know that.  This shines through.

I am proud of you to take that plunge of a three day walk, good, wishing you a wonderful journey.  Have the most beautiful and awesomely great day, lovin' this life we live. Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next