Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
August 01, 2014, 01:01:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat(1)  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nubble Light, York, Maine  (Read 667 times)
reinbeau
Super Bee

« on: February 26, 2008, 07:04:01 AM »

I'm on the Atmospheric Optics mailing list, so when new photos are posted, I get an e-mail.  I've just received an update, and was blown away by this photo of a beach Greg and I love to go to up in Maine. 

If you've never been to Atmospheric Optics do take a moment to look through the site a bit, the pictures and descriptions are fascinating (if you have a bit of geek in you, like me  cheesy).

- Ann, A Gardening Beek -  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Click for Hanson, Massachusetts Forecast" border="0" height="150" width="256
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008, 08:20:22 AM »

Ann, oh yea, I am a geek in many ways too, sometimes my family thinks I am straight out of my mind.

So, York Beach, this is when you go to visit your Maine home?  How far is the beach from your home there?  You are a fortunate woman to have a place to go to like that.  I could only wish.....I have conjured up many pictures of your and Greg in my mind's eye, looking at the picture of the sky, as is portrayed in that picture of the sky at York Beach.  I can bet you and your New and Improved have seen some beautiful evening skies there, the evening sky is one that takes my breath away, as does that time of twilight, or shall we call it dusk, the time after the sun has set, until the darkness comes....have a most beautiful and wonderful day, Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2008, 03:10:17 PM »

It's a fur piece away, I think about 10 miles as the crow flies, but they fly pretty crooked up there  cheesy

Are you near any big lights?  Down here in MA the sky is drowned out by a mall that's about three miles away, and by the general light pollution everywhere - up at the house in Maine it's wonderfully dark, and there are so many more stars visible!

- Ann, A Gardening Beek -  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Click for Hanson, Massachusetts Forecast" border="0" height="150" width="256
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next