Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 24, 2014, 03:24:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Real Cinnamon?  (Read 9351 times)
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2008, 12:19:30 AM »

John, sorry I dont' get what you are talking about, I see the numbers, but they mean nothing.  Are they all improvements? or have things worsened?  Sorry, I just don't get it.  Could you more clearly define what the numbers mean?  I hate to be a pain in the butt, but I need to know.

If the numbers are indicating improvement, then I have no doubt that the honey and cinnamon are assisting with stuff.  The important thing is:  what do you think?  Our mind is a powerful thing.  Beautiful day in this great life.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
johnnybigfish
Super Bee

« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2008, 08:26:55 PM »

Shoot Cindi,.......I dont know what the numbers mean either..Except for the HDL going lower, The other numbers getting lower I think is a good thing....I posted them here to see what other people here could tell me, you know, the nurses that know about this..Kanna says that it looks good to her(Shes a nurse), But Kanna also said that Dr K.(who she works for) doesnt even look at LDLs and HDLs...she only looks at the total cholestrol.
I was hoping to get off some of this medicine but my Dr didnt make any changes, only added another med.(for the HDLs)
 I THINK this is a good report...But I'm the patient, not the DR. Smiley

your friend,
john

reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #42 on: April 21, 2008, 06:38:52 AM »

John, 141 to 131 - those cholesterol numbers are low!  141 is very low, to lower it another 10 points - you know, you can actually go too low!  I'm trying to understand why you were disappointed with that number.  Unless it's a mistype?  huh

As for exercise, I understand what you mean about treadmills and such, I hate them.  I walk.  As a matter of fact I'll be going out for mine at 6 am - I love my morning walk!  You don't have to go to the gym and all that, there's lots you can do.

As for those artificial sweeteners, don't eat them.  I don't care what the data (bought and paid for by the manufacturers) says about safety.  Have you tried stevia?  It truly is a natural sweetener, funny thing is the FDA won't allow it to be sold as such for some strange reason - could it be the sweetener and sugar lobby see competition they don't want to deal with?  rolleyes

- Ann, A Gardening Beek -  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Click for Hanson, Massachusetts Forecast" border="0" height="150" width="256
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #43 on: April 21, 2008, 08:42:19 AM »

John, seems to me that by what Ann said, that is good stuff going on with your chlorestoral.  Ann, I grew Stevia once, it is truly a remarkable plant, wish I still had some, I thought it was a perennial and it perished over a winter, I think that maybe this year I will keep my eyes open for another one though.  Have a wonderful and awesome day.   Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #44 on: April 21, 2008, 10:09:54 AM »

the total cholesterol number doesn't mean much.  it's the ratio that counts and the HDL.  your doc probably has good reason for wanting a change, but i don't think your numbers are panic causing (yet)  smiley

try taking some fish oil.  when you catch fish, eat the skin.  costco carries the big bottles of fish oil caps and they are not to expensive.  you have quit smoking?  and are exercising   evil  you are on the right track.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
johnnybigfish
Super Bee

« Reply #45 on: April 21, 2008, 05:58:59 PM »

Stevia....Ok, I'll check it out in a minute.
 Yeh, like i said, I thought the levels were good except for the HDLs(Happy Cholestrol).
Ok,..gotta go fight the insurance Co. over my coumadin...They want me to go mail order for just 2 weeks of coumadin.....It takes a month to get here! angry
 I love this place!! where else can you get bee information and medical advice in the same place!!!...Not to mention tax suggestions and legal information to boot!!

Dang,.....Do I sound like a "Cheapskate" or what??? grin

thanks you guys!
Oh, come on,....I wont hold any of you liable for what i do! Smiley

your friend,
john

johnnybigfish
Super Bee

« Reply #46 on: April 21, 2008, 06:02:15 PM »

Hey Anne, the Lovalal is suppose to be "Super fish oil" with some other stuff added.

Ok,..really gotta go now...Janelle wants me to color her hair!!..REALLY!!!
your friend,
john

JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!

« Reply #47 on: April 21, 2008, 11:13:20 PM »

Hey Anne, the Lovalal is suppose to be "Super fish oil" with some other stuff added.

Ok,..really gotta go now...Janelle wants me to color her hair!!..REALLY!!!
your friend,
john

John, tell her you'll only color her hair if she paints your toenails! grin

...JP

"Good friends are as sweet as honey" Winne the Pooh

My pictures can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

My website JPthebeeman.com http://www.jpthebeeman.com/jpthebeeman/
johnnybigfish
Super Bee

« Reply #48 on: April 21, 2008, 11:37:35 PM »

LOL!! JP, My toes are painted now...polished too!

your friend,
john

annette
Galactic Bee

« Reply #49 on: April 22, 2008, 12:47:18 AM »

I only use stevia for sweetening my coffee as I gave up sugar long ago. It takes some getting used to, as first it tasted bitter to me, but now I am used to it. I use the powdered stevia and pure stevia not cut with anything.

Good Luck
annette
poka-bee
Super Bee

I am NEVER bored!!

« Reply #50 on: April 22, 2008, 12:58:00 AM »

I use the stevia for smoothies to cover the beet, spinach carrot tops taste (shhh, don't tell my husband) just takes a little bit.  It will taste bitter till you get used to it, mainly when there is too much or you taste it without anything else.  Artificial sweetners have all sorts of sideeffects in some people. I read that they actually make you crave more sweets.. huh Neither my husband nor I need to crave more sweets!

I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard
JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!

« Reply #51 on: April 22, 2008, 08:28:08 AM »

My .02 is everything in moderation. Don't like most of the artificial sweetners, I found stevia bitter, splenda, gross, I use sweet n low in coffee, but I rarely drink coffee. I like lite agave syrup, its natural, mixes well, tastes between honey and maple syrup. I use it in my favorite cold drink, lime soda with Kombucha green, mmmmm good and healthy.

...JP

"Good friends are as sweet as honey" Winne the Pooh

My pictures can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

My website JPthebeeman.com http://www.jpthebeeman.com/jpthebeeman/
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next