Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
October 31, 2014, 12:40:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: cats in the snow  (Read 1897 times)
kathyp
Universal Bee

« on: January 28, 2008, 10:51:06 AM »

just a bunch of cats in the snow pics smiley

these are all from the same litter last year.  for some reason, they didn't get eaten.  3 long hair and one orange.

the horses in the snow pics didn't turn out to well.  to dark.  maybe later.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2008, 11:12:39 AM »

The cat in the wheelbarrow looks cold. What eats cats? Dogs? Coyotes? Neighbors?

........JP

"Good friends are as sweet as honey" Winne the Pooh

My pictures can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

My website JPthebeeman.com http://www.jpthebeeman.com/jpthebeeman/
Robo
Technical
Administrator
Galactic Bee

Beekeep On!

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2008, 11:22:33 AM »

What eats cats? Dogs? Coyotes? Neighbors?

........JP

Rumor has it some take-out establishments perhaps serve it grin

I hear it might taste like frog legs Wink

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Mici
Super Bee

tougher than rock

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2008, 11:34:09 AM »

great looking cats!
now i have a question, what breed are the long haired ones? we got one just like them this year, and i thought it's just a mutt, but i'm seeing just too many of these lately, so it must be a breed of some sort.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2008, 11:34:45 AM »

dogs and coyotes.  had a problem with a neighbors dog once.  it had fun eating all the cats in the neighborhood.  took us about a year to figure out what was doing it.  it's gone now.  now it's the coyotes.  in the spring, the moms use cats to teach to pups to hunt.

mici, i have no idea.  the mom is a short hair calico.  she's mostly white.  who knows what the dad(s) is?  smiley

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2008, 09:31:11 PM »

Cute Pics!!
How much snow is on the ground there?
abejaruco
Field Bee

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2008, 11:48:40 PM »

My mother had a problem with the neighbour´s dog. This terrible dog was eating the legs of the cats. So it killed a great number.
I had to make a lace with a motorcycle clutch wire. Infallible. Actually the dog is hunting in the "great grassland". Cry Cry   evil
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2008, 09:01:53 AM »

Kathy, nice pictures.  YOu have been recently posting pictures, did you get a new camera?  Have a great day, great life.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2008, 09:51:47 AM »

Actually the dog is hunting in the "great grassland"
  smiley

cindi, no new camera.  i just get lazy about pictures sometimes.  lots of times i have a card full and have not gotten around to taking the pics off.
i have one camera that i really like, but when my husband travels, he usually takes it with him.....

buzzbee, we had two days of off and on snow.  unfortunately, it warmed up a bit so the snow was melting.  we got 7 or 8 inches each day, but the total accumulation was only about 6 in when the snow stopped.  it's melting now and rain is coming.

Alexis de Tocqueville
Kirk-o
Queen Bee

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2008, 03:00:56 PM »

I love cats
kirko

"It's not about Honey it's not about Money It's about SURVIVAL" Charles Martin Simmon
Mici
Super Bee

tougher than rock

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2008, 05:49:38 PM »

found out the breed

Maine Coon. an American pedigre since 17-18th century. only the toughest of new arrived cats survived, although they are hard to be identified as they look very much like norwegian forrest cats, so the most logical assumption would be, they're the closest descendants from the norwegian forrest cats. but...our coon looks just like yours and since you're from the US...they're probably both Maine coons.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next