Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
November 27, 2014, 07:25:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: An intense job  (Read 742 times)
Understudy
Galactic Bee

« on: February 19, 2008, 04:11:27 PM »

Hi All,

My apologies for the lack of input as of late. I was thrown into a job in Dallas at the last minute in order to rescue it from a destructive path. I was hoping I would have had some more free time but alas it was not to be. So I now sit in DFW airport. Catching up on emails and finally calling my wife and speaking to her for more than 30 seconds.

I am way behind on news stories. I didn't get to meet Jerrymac, and that part sucked. He wasn't feeling well the first weekend and I was not going to have any free time the second weekend.

However I may end up with another job in Dallas shortly, so I will try again.

Not that my day job is as exciting as my extractions to you guys, but I happen to really like my job as low voltage guru. This job was just huge. 200 + people and all of their equipment. A new phone system for their office, new routers, switches, server relocations, fiber backbones,Cat 6 cables, T3 connections, and a 2 ton battery back up(that geek speak lots of equipment to support their computers).

Now while I didn't do all of the work myself. The buck stops with me. When things hit the fan my job is to step in front of the fan and catch it. While there weren't any major issues with this project there was enough to keep an eye on and coordinate that it was never slow. 14 + hour days were not unsual.

Every job I have done like this I have a 100% success rate on when comes to making sure they are functioning on the first business day after the move. Now I always have the user who wants their phone on the right and their computer on the left but as long as the equipment works I can deal with all the lefties in the office. Wink

This is very different from when I sitting at my desk at home and typing up reports and calculating bids and I am able to pump out a response on the forum.

I tend to view my job in a way similar to the book Das Boot. 60 pages of the most boring stuff ever followed by 20 pages of the most intense stuff ever. Rinse lather repeat.

When I get home I need to spend some time with my wife so she will at least remember what I look like. And then......Did I mention also the PBC Beekeepers course is on Saturday, but no pressure right?

I have cut outs I still need to get to. Oh yeah and the permacomb is suppose to arrive this week also. I need to hire a personal assistant and I am net even an actor.

Must remember to breath.  grin

Sincerely,
Brendhan

The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2008, 07:22:20 AM »

Your last sentence is key, Brendhan, you must slow down and breathe! Smiley

Your job sounds very interesting, I've always been a bit of a geek, myself, so I do understand what you're doing.

- Ann, A Gardening Beek -  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Click for Hanson, Massachusetts Forecast" border="0" height="150" width="256
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2008, 10:22:22 AM »

Brendhan, I took the time to breath for you, it is important to take those breaths and relax.  You Wife will maybe remember your face, if you're lucky.  What a busy life, travelling does me in, and when I hear of your travellin' you travellin' man, it makes me shudder -- I must take my hat off to you.  Good job, your success rate is wonderful to hear of, so good that you can tell us of your life travellin', travellin' man.  Have a wonderful and beautiful day, enjoy those frozen margaritas that I know you and your Wife will be enjoyin'.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next