Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
December 28, 2014, 01:02:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TOLL COLLECTION on the Garden State Parkway  (Read 2020 times)
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« on: October 05, 2004, 01:50:09 PM »

I just got back from the Poconos in the mountains of Pennsylvania. Returning home I pay $0.50 tolls through EACH TOLL BOOTH along the Garden State Parkway and $0.35 to enter or exit the Parkway.

Returning home Sunday night, I pulled up to a NEW EXIT leading toward home and I tossed $0.50 into the collection bucket (15c more than necessary) but as I drove away, I notice the digital sign saying that I owed $2.00 not the $0.35 I expected - I had already moved forward and a car behind me pulled foward, so I couldn't toss the balance in if I had wanted to.

But I think the toll booth had me pegged as a commercial bus, not a privately owned RV that looked like a bus) whether it is shape recognition software, some idiot on the other end of a camera, a weigh platform or whatever, my tolls are aways just 35 cents to exit.

Now I'm awaiting a ticket in the mail saying I ran the toll - I'll explain that I was wrongly charged and that I actually over-payed by 15 cents, not under-payed $1.65 as the "Smart-booth" seems to think.

Will I get a fine in the mail, I really don't know. But I do know that IF I DO, I will fight it until the parkway authority spends enough in legal fees to put up another Smart toll booth - lol.

So I can only think that I was billed as a commercial passenger bus which I suppose looks a lot like my RV, but the LARGEST TOLL on the parkway is only 50 cents for a 2 axel vehicle and 70 cents for a third axel (towing a car for example behind my bus) it has always been by axel, not by weight or shape, so I'm not worried about the fine, I doubt I'll end up being responcible to pay it. But I don't doubt the photo of me (along with the fine) is in the mail.

To say the least, this ruined the end of an otherwise great get-away weekend. This toll booth was brand new, not even listed on the parkways website yet. But I promise you this, they will never get their $2.00 from me, even if they post a warrent or summons - I'll tie their butts up in court for years Smiley

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations page link for more details. Please help if you can.
BigRog
House Bee

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2004, 07:48:56 PM »

Go get em!

"Lurch my good man,…what did you mean when you said just now that 'You've got better things to do than run my petty little errands'…….?"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next