Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
August 29, 2014, 12:14:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TOLL COLLECTION on the Garden State Parkway  (Read 1926 times)
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« on: October 05, 2004, 01:50:09 PM »

I just got back from the Poconos in the mountains of Pennsylvania. Returning home I pay $0.50 tolls through EACH TOLL BOOTH along the Garden State Parkway and $0.35 to enter or exit the Parkway.

Returning home Sunday night, I pulled up to a NEW EXIT leading toward home and I tossed $0.50 into the collection bucket (15c more than necessary) but as I drove away, I notice the digital sign saying that I owed $2.00 not the $0.35 I expected - I had already moved forward and a car behind me pulled foward, so I couldn't toss the balance in if I had wanted to.

But I think the toll booth had me pegged as a commercial bus, not a privately owned RV that looked like a bus) whether it is shape recognition software, some idiot on the other end of a camera, a weigh platform or whatever, my tolls are aways just 35 cents to exit.

Now I'm awaiting a ticket in the mail saying I ran the toll - I'll explain that I was wrongly charged and that I actually over-payed by 15 cents, not under-payed $1.65 as the "Smart-booth" seems to think.

Will I get a fine in the mail, I really don't know. But I do know that IF I DO, I will fight it until the parkway authority spends enough in legal fees to put up another Smart toll booth - lol.

So I can only think that I was billed as a commercial passenger bus which I suppose looks a lot like my RV, but the LARGEST TOLL on the parkway is only 50 cents for a 2 axel vehicle and 70 cents for a third axel (towing a car for example behind my bus) it has always been by axel, not by weight or shape, so I'm not worried about the fine, I doubt I'll end up being responcible to pay it. But I don't doubt the photo of me (along with the fine) is in the mail.

To say the least, this ruined the end of an otherwise great get-away weekend. This toll booth was brand new, not even listed on the parkways website yet. But I promise you this, they will never get their $2.00 from me, even if they post a warrent or summons - I'll tie their butts up in court for years Smiley

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
BigRog
House Bee

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2004, 07:48:56 PM »

Go get em!

"Lurch my good man,…what did you mean when you said just now that 'You've got better things to do than run my petty little errands'…….?"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next