Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
November 28, 2014, 10:59:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What a difference 100 miles makes!  (Read 727 times)
reinbeau
Super Bee

« on: February 18, 2008, 05:30:02 PM »

Our Maine house is about 100 miles north of here.  Every time we get rain down here, they get snow - there's got to be four feet of snow on the ground, rained down to a compact three feet!  shocked  The snow is so hard I can walk on most of it (I did break through in a few places).  I was amazed at how high the bankings were, a neighbor came down our lane early on Sunday morning with a front-end loader and pushed back the snow to widen the road enough for the next storm.

- Ann, A Gardening Beek -  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Click for Hanson, Massachusetts Forecast" border="0" height="150" width="256
Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2008, 10:12:22 PM »

Quaint little house but I think I'd replace that garage door with a picture window.  Is that a 1 or 2 room unit?  LOL

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2008, 07:35:36 AM »

Ok, smarty-pants,  cheesy the house is to the right of the picture (you can see the eave). 

To tell you the truth, before he put the addition on, the house wasn't much bigger than the garage!

- Ann, A Gardening Beek -  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Click for Hanson, Massachusetts Forecast" border="0" height="150" width="256
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2008, 10:26:42 AM »

Ann, lovely picture (have I seen it before, is that what we call dejavu?, hee, hee).  It is a beautiful sight that gorgeous snow.  I know what you are saying.  About 4 kilometres east of me is a place that still has snow and snowbanks of about 3 feet tall alongside the road.  I was absolutely shocked when I saw it two days ago.  Our snow has been gone for some time now, but it is still there, I couldn't believe my eyes.  A good time to house hunt if looking for somewhere to live to find out how cold a place is would be to go in wintertime.  I would never buy a place in that vicinity because of the extremely COLD that must be there, it is so close to my place, how could that be.  Have a wonderful and great day, Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next