Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 20, 2014, 10:20:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Storm/Twister  (Read 1291 times)
beeginner
House Bee

The swarm I hived

« on: February 16, 2008, 04:02:02 PM »

Well hey ever one how are you all? Well im sure you know about the tornados in Arkansas!!! Well im 7 9 miles south of Mountain View!! where the big one hit! Im on a Vol Fire dept so with my radio S,O said the tornado is hitting there n hear well they say it is hitting a little town called rushing! Well I can see that out my back door. So I open the door and I was just siting there and a flash of lighting cam up!! Then I saw a big black V looking thing, sounding like a darn train!!! So my mom and dad came out to see. Well I went back inside to get ever thing we needed. Mom and dad came back in and said there is two of them  . So we get in the bathroom, after 10 mins we came out and one of the ladys on the fire dept came up and got me to help clear roads. So all night I was out in the storm cutting trees off the roads! Well wel got a call out to run over to a diff place to clear roads, We get over there and its crazy!! We had to all most swim in a creek that was flowing over the road!. I did not get home tell 3 a.m. Well that day about 9 ever one in the fire dept heads back out! well I say on are road with 3 other fire menbers. That tornado hit 200 yards maybe a little more on the south side of are house!! Well It took out my friends house! Thank god she was at KFC eating!! monday night at 9 pm we got power back! After living on old oil lights or w/e and a coleman camping stove! and no hot watter! Ever day sense that storm I have been wokring! We have a place set up with food just what ever people need.  I even had to help drive a 18wheeler to run over to homedepot to get a load of stuff they gave the county.

http://s205.photobucket.com/al.....946/Storm/
THE LAST # PHOTOS IS 200 Yards from are house and there is trees a lot closer thats pulld out of the ground!

There is a photo of my friends house with her stuff all over the place!

But thats all near me!!
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2008, 03:43:29 PM »

I'd love to check out your photos, unfortunately you link returns a "Page not found" message  Undecided  Try again, please!  I'm glad you and your family are safe!

- Ann, A Gardening Beek -  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Click for Hanson, Massachusetts Forecast" border="0" height="150" width="256
annette
Galactic Bee

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2008, 04:04:13 PM »

Same here, could not see your photos.

Annette
beeginner
House Bee

The swarm I hived

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2008, 09:08:46 PM »

Darn!!!      Try this       http://s205.photobucket.com/albums/bb316/Carson946/Storm/
mick
Queen Bee

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2008, 12:23:22 AM »

Good to hear you are safe and well done in serving your communuty!
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2008, 08:59:41 AM »

Beeginner.  Oh, what a storm that must have been.  We are all so grateful that you are safe and sound.  That was such a close call that you all might have been terribly injured, and yes, thank our lucky stars that your neighbour was out eating that wonderful fast food at KFC!!!!!

You are an admirable person to be working so hard to help our fellow man.  I take my hat off to you.  There is so much in this world that we can do to help others, and when I hear stories of the work that people like you do, it takes my breath away.  I am not kidding.  I sit here, reading and reading, hearing what you are saying......you have put even your own life at risk to help others, that brings tears to my eyes that people, such as you (and there are hundreds and hundreds of people that go to help when there is trauma in this world, KathyP is one of our forum members that goes out with the Red Cross to help with her beautiful skills of life saving and health giving) go out and help to put things as right as you can.  Wonderful, keep us this good work.  Have the most wonderful and beautiful life, your karma will be so good.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2008, 10:10:44 PM »

What damage?  That places looks just like my Aunt's place on Lopez Island and she's been living in it for 60 years.

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
annette
Galactic Bee

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2008, 10:24:40 PM »

OK I saw the photos. That is terrible. Great you are doing well.

Annette
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next