Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 23, 2014, 06:08:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vegas!!! And we're gonna have some fun!!!  (Read 951 times)
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« on: February 08, 2008, 09:31:51 AM »

Plans are finalized.  It all started out with a phone call from my Husband to his Brother who lives in Toronto.  The Brother told him that him and his Wife were heading to Vegas on the anniversary of the death of their Mother, two years ago.  March 21.  Good, the conversation went well.

Then.....this funny look came over my Husband's face.  He said, "wanna go?"  I am not a traveller, so of course my reply was, don't ask me that right now, let me sleep on it. I did.

It seems that we are going to Vegas on March 20, meeting up with his Brother and Wife.  Now, another curve thrown to this ball.  My Husband's Sister and Husband are avid travellers in their 5th wheel. They go to Arizona each year for about a month.  They said that they would like to meet us in Vegas and we would all have a family reunion there, hee, hee.  We see this Sister at least every two weeks, we get together because they only live 45 minutes away, and of course, we love them.

So.....the plot thickens.  Admist phone calls, visits and all this is now the plan.  My Husband and I have a one way ticket to Vegas (yes, we are coming home eventually).  Not like my Son-in-Law that says that when we get old he going to give us a one way ticket to how knows where, we will be old, forgetful and every new day will be a new place to see and experience -- even though it would be the same place.  Hee, hee, only kidding.  He loves us to pieces too.

The plan now is to travel home with my Husbands Sister and her Husband in their 5th wheel.  We will have the time of our lives.  These people are fun, they are upbeat and we have a blast when we are with them.  (not too sure about 4 days travelling with them, and as she told me, listening to their books out loud they listen to, them singing to country songs, off key of course, and them babbling on about this and that and the other thing, hee, hee,  tongue Smiley again, just kidding).

It really will be fun.  We don't go away, rarely.  Unless it is to my Daughter's house for a few days (4 hours drive from here).  Where I do nothing, absolutely nothing, she waits on me hand and foot, just like I did to her when she was growing up, oh how those tables turn.  I am not allowed to do anything but sit back, eat, relax, sleep, have fun, what a wonderful thought (can't wait to go there again, hee, hee).

Ooops, back to our Vegas story.  Where was I?  Hmmmm....right the travel home.  My Sister-in-Law and him travel lots, they know the good places to visit and they are going to show us the country.  She is a massive coordinator, she loves to entertain, loves to have everything perfect and under control and it is just how I like things to be too.  I know that she is going to be spending their entire month away (before we get there) planning what we are going to do in Vegas and on the road trip home.  I can't wait.

Now....the thing is, I am not the best of travellers, in that I get so homesick.  But I know things will be 100% OK here.  My Sister will move in for that week and look after everything here as I would.  She knows the kids, the house, the property, the animals, and pretty much the bees.  The bees will run themselves while I am gone, so that is good, they can take care of themselves.  She will have my house full of sewing.  She loves it when we go away, because she can leave her family at their house and she has my huge kitchen to mess up with all her sewing, she accomplishes alot of this while she housesits.  She is a beautiful designer of sewing stuff and has the time of her life here.

So this is my adventure of this spring, it will be wonderful, and we will get to see a good part of the country, through the window of a truck.  Have a wonderful and beautiful day, love our life we live.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2008, 10:09:01 AM »

that sounds like a great trip.  even though i am not into cities and crowds, i really enjoy our Vegas trips.  you will have a great time!!

your kingdom will be fine without you for a bit.  you will have left it in good hands.  sometimes it is most humbling to remind ourselves that they can do without us  Wink .

hey, if you stop anywhere in my neighborhood, give a call.  i'll pop buy and say hello!!!!

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Frantz
Field Bee

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2008, 03:25:48 PM »

Hey Cindi,
That is great news you guys will have fun. We hit vegas every now and then. We are only about 5 hours away. We do the RV thing all the time. We have a blast. Of course our Motorhome is about as hillbilly as it can get. One time on the way to Vegas as matter of fact. One whole side of the motorhome just blew right off. The whole fibreglass panel just blew off the passengers side...... No big deal, just pull over put it all inside and fixed it when we got there. I told you,,, HILLBILLY!!!!
Just think, when you guys are in Vegas in March, our snow will have melted down to only about 7' by then... YEAH!!!!
You will have a ton of fun on the open road. Let us know if you need any pointers.
F
PS I will see if I can find the pics of that trip!!

Don't be yourself, "Be the man you would want your daughters to marry!!"
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2008, 03:35:35 PM »

Don't you know if you go to Vegas they will take your money

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2008, 11:27:45 PM »

Don't you know if you go to Vegas they will take your money

Yeah, ain't you heard that what's spent in Vegas stays in Vegas.  Try not to lose the 5th wheeler at Faro.

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2008, 09:40:50 AM »

Kathy, no clue where our road trip would take us to, but absolutely and positively, if we are passing through near your area, I would give you a call, we do have to stop to eat supper and sleep at night, hee, hee.  I am going to google your home town area (maybe look it up on a map too) and see if we may pass nearby.  I would love to meet you and say hi, one never knows what may come.  Have the best of a wonderful, great day, on our great planet, Earth.  Cindi

I have $20 to spend that I will gamble with, hee, hee, I have a very addictive nature, and that is all my Husband is going to give me, hee, hee (he doesn't know I have 120 credit cards  evil tongue, kidding!!!! 

We will probably not do a lot of gamblin', that is not my gig, I just want to look at stuff.  C.

Frantz, you have conjured up a really cool picture of your roadtrip with your "hillbilly" RV, sounds like that is something that I would have loved to have done, I am a simple person that loves simple things, that is so darn ding dang cool.  Get some pictures to show us, that would be cool too.!!!!

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next