Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
August 01, 2014, 08:03:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: This is a car I passed driving from NY to VA on I95  (Read 2939 times)
BigRog
House Bee

« on: September 27, 2004, 10:00:18 AM »

This is a car I passed driving from NY to VA on I95 just north of DC.
And yes they do have a couple of yellow warning lights on their "cargo"

This is as I start to pass, with some apprehension

And yes the stuff on the roof of the car does overhang the back of the car by some five feet! But to give credit it is braced and they do have yellow waring lights on it!   shocked  rolleyes

I really thought I'd see granny on top in a rocking chair! cheesy

"Lurch my good man,…what did you mean when you said just now that 'You've got better things to do than run my petty little errands'…….?"
leominsterbeeman
House Bee

Car
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2004, 12:07:57 PM »

Yikes!  

I'd expect nothing less, the plates were from Georgia!  wink
Sorry, Beth.....

Anonymous
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2004, 12:21:12 PM »

I sort of thought it was Flordia plates, white with green letters and numbers plus that orange in the center.
  If it was Flordia they should have stayed north a bit longer I would think.
Might haul a load of osb and ply wood down there when the next hurricane is close to being due. Should bew able to make some money on a good load.
 Cheesy Al
BigRog
House Bee

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2004, 01:16:47 PM »

It was a Florida plate

"Lurch my good man,…what did you mean when you said just now that 'You've got better things to do than run my petty little errands'…….?"
Robo
Technical
Administrator
Galactic Bee

Beekeep On!

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2004, 04:02:20 PM »

You had some apprehension.......

What about the guy behind you that had to pass them as well, while following a guy driving with one hand, taking a picture with the other, and sitting next to a beehive.... cheesy

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

BigRog
House Bee

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2004, 05:44:28 PM »

Actually I had the caemra beetween both hands at the top of the wheel, using the screen on the camera instead of the viewfinder. I would have liked to get a shot of the driver. Would you believe he had a mullet?

eivindm
Global Moderator
Field Bee

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2004, 01:06:59 PM »

I read an article in a Norwegian newspaper today about a truck the police stopped.  It made me think about this thread.
http://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=248370
(No norwegian knowledge nescessary to understand the similarity to this thread).

eivindm

beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2004, 01:37:31 PM »

Great pic....

I just went to the Poconos and followed my temporary boss as he trailered 2 full bed sets. We wrapped everything up in plastic sheeting, used rachetting straps and bungies - the trailer had a high back and NOTHING moved an inch.

I pass people all the time carrying sheetrock (gypsum board) stacked 4 foot tall on top of their cars or in the bed of Toyota pickups where the front wheels are bouncing off the ground - ugh.

I too get past these idiots ASAP and keep an eye on them in the mirror, hoping they can STOP at the next traffic light, or to see if they will slam into me. It's a shame what people will do to save the cost of a U-Haul.

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
Robo
Technical
Administrator
Galactic Bee

Beekeep On!

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2004, 02:29:09 PM »

I like the ones that don't see a need to tie stuff down and just hold it on the roof by reaching out the window with one hand.

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Anonymous
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2004, 05:26:53 PM »

I really got a Laugh out of the couple who had 12' sheets of sheetrock in a 6' pickup bed. when the light turned green they took off and left about 20 sheets laying in the road and driveway.
this is a true story from a week ago.
 Cheesy Al
BigRog
House Bee

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2004, 07:47:35 PM »

Caption for Eivindm's picture

"My other truck is a truck!"

Anonymous
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2004, 09:40:42 AM »

I forgot to add that the fine in Michigan for having a non secured load is $350.00. Many of the lawn services here are now tieing their mowers down.
The couple who lost the sheet rock not only got the pleasure of loading the pick up the first time but also the second time while dodgeing irate drivers plus paying the $350.00 fine and maybe even one for placing a forein object in a road way.
 Cheesy Al
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next