Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
December 21, 2014, 04:44:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Advice wanted on Florida law- Aussie footballer/scumbag charged.  (Read 2797 times)
mick
Queen Bee

« on: January 30, 2008, 03:07:14 AM »

Former Aussie Rules star, Wayne carey, faces charges in Miami following another drunken violent outburst.

It has been revealed he has been charged with:

Aggravated battery- Glassed his girlfriend in the face with a wineglass.

Resisting arrest with violence- kicked one copper in the face and elbowed another in the face.

Assault of a public servant, see above. had to be restrained and hobbled as he tried to smash the perspex partition in the police car with his head.

This scum bag, last weekend was arrested after assaulting his girlfriend and assaulting police in Australia.(allegedly).  He also had to be sprayed with mace.

Previously he has been found guilty of sexual assault on a woman, and has bashed men in fights in his home town of Wagga Wagga. There are other violent drunken acts, too many to mention.

Im my opinion, men who bash women should be shot. Having had a violent father myself, I know what this behviour does to women. He has shown no remorse and seems to think his celebrety status makes him untouchable. Unfortunately idiots here still look up to him. Thankfully he has been sacked by radio and TV stations here. I hope this is the start of a big fall for this creature.

I want to know if he will go to jail as he deseves in Miami, or is likely to get off due to his wealth and status.

I worry that if OJ could get off murder, then this scumbag can get off too.

A senoir Cop in Miami said that they are very serious charges "you dont assault Cops in Miami" and big name US lawyers have appeared on TV stating that these are serious charges.

I wouldnt mind if he was found dead somewhere in the next couple of weeks.

5 years max on each charge.

So if he was just some local Florida guy, would he be going to the slammer?

Miami Dade County Court House, 2 weeks time.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/afl/we-had-to-hobble-carey/2008/01/30/1201369199568.html

reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 06:52:09 AM »

While he sounds like a complete you-know-what he isn't American, so they're liable to run him through the legal system and eventually ship him back to Oz.  What an idiot.  rolleyes

- Ann, A Gardening Beek -  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Click for Hanson, Massachusetts Forecast" border="0" height="150" width="256
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 10:31:16 AM »

they can ship him back to you and you can put him under house arrest.

no reason to run him through our system.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
KONASDAD
Super Bee

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2008, 10:36:08 AM »

anyone convicted of a crime w/ the potential to exceed one years incarceration is automatically " excludable" under federal law. Acts of violence , distrtibution of CDS, agg sex asssualt and other various and sundry felonies exceeding one years punishment also make you deportable. Excludable means you can never go through an inter'l airport on US soil or attempt to return to US from traveling abroad and re-enter US. Even if he gets probation, he will be easily excludable. Once he leaves he cant return-ever. If they decide to deport, he will be detained in a jail usually pending his deportation hearing.
as for his pending charges, his status is not likely to help. He is likely to get some jail and possibly more if his prior background contains convictions. They count as aggravating circumstances.

Usually, criminal charges are decided before any deprtation consideration is given. Sometimes people consent to deprtation and dismissal of pending charges. Not likely in this incidence b/c it involves police victims.

"The more complex the Mind, the Greater the need for the simplicity of Play".
Understudy
Galactic Bee

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2008, 08:27:52 PM »

He is going to do serious PMITA prision time.

Florida takes this stuff pretty serious.

There is one out. Since he is facing charges in .au. They will simply deport him and not allow him to return.

The problem also is while he may be a big shot Aussie Football player. Here in the states no one cares. We don't watch it. So his sports background won't help him. What will is his ablity to buy the best lawyer money can buy.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible
asprince
Super Bee

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2008, 08:49:23 PM »

Im my opinion, men who bash women should be shot.

I am with you on this mick. I will not tolerate this behavior in a man.

Steve

Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resembalance to the first. - Ronald Reagan
mick
Queen Bee

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2008, 01:27:59 AM »

Thanks for the opinions, very interesting, took me a while to work out PMITA, ouch!
mick
Queen Bee

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2008, 09:18:55 PM »

It gets better, the news showed the bail bondsman loading up the shotgun and talking about how he will be hunting him down if he doesnt show in court.

Seems he owes a bail bondsman $36,000 USD bail money!
Understudy
Galactic Bee

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2008, 09:30:23 PM »

If he skips on bail and misses a hearing. He is up the fecal river with no paddle.
The judge may be inclined to consider him a flight risk. They will lock him up until his hearing.

Since the exchange rates are just about one to one on the AUD. He is going to be out some serious money.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible
mick
Queen Bee

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2008, 05:41:48 PM »

More good news, the scumbag spent a night in the LA lock up in 2004 for Battery.

I can hear the clang of the cell door already!
mick
Queen Bee

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2008, 03:40:31 AM »

Well justice moves slowly.

The latest news:

FORMER AFL star Wayne Carey will avoid a US jail term by donating $US500 ($720) to a Miami police charity and undergoing anger management classes.
In a lenient deal for the troubled former player, Carey will not have to admit guilt for an incident Florida authorities claimed left two officers with facial injuries after a brawl in Miami's Mandarin Oriental Hotel a year ago.

The Miami Herald newspaper reported that Carey would plead "no contest" to two felony counts of battery on a police officer when he faces Miami-Dade County Court tomorrow.

Carey was facing up to 15 years in a US prison.

The deal was hatched between Carey's high-priced Miami lawyer Richard Sharpstein and US prosecutors and is expected to be approved by Judge Rosa Rodriguez tomorrow.

Carey, 37, will agree to two years of probation and will attend anger management classes.

The donation will go to the Dade County Police Benevolent Association Love Fund, a charity for police officers in need.

The fund helps pay for funerals of officers killed in the line of duty and assists with psychological counselling for officers and their families for work-related stress.

The incident occurred on October 27 last year when Carey and his girlfriend Kate Neilson were vacationing at Miami's $US400-plus ($575) a night luxury Mandarin Hotel.

Police said they were called to the hotel after Carey smashed a wine glass in Neilson's face while dining at the hotel's Azul restaurant.

Sharpstein told the Miami Herald it was "a lovers' quarrel that elevated into an unfortunate confrontation".

Police said that when they went to Carey's suite a brawl erupted, and the powerfully built former Kangaroos captain kicked one Miami police officer in the lip and elbowed another in the face.

Judge Rodriguez, known worldwide for presiding over the custody and immigration battle involving Cuban boy Elian Gonzalez in 2000, has the power to reject any plea deal, but is likely to approve it.

The case is scheduled to begin at 1.30am (AEDT) tomorrow.

Neilson is expected to accompany Carey to court.

Carey was originally charged with assaulting Neilson, but she decided against pressing charges.

In a letter to US prosecutors explaining her decision, Neilson said they had "a lot to drink" on the night of the incident and she "was as much at fault for this incident as Wayne".
Story Tools

500 bucks to this cockroach is like 5 cents to you and me, it sucks.

Another case of a celebrity buying freedom. I wish he could have had Bubba as a cell mate.
Keith13
Super Bee

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2008, 07:39:33 AM »

I wasn't reading the dates on these post and I thought this was something recent. The whole time I was reading I was thinking he would get off. What do you know.
Money=Freedom in America.
Its a shame
Yet another sad day in the American legal system

Keith
Irwin
Super Bee

howdy all

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2008, 10:02:34 AM »

Another sad day for or legal system angry This and many other thing's makes or legal system look shady angry

Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2008, 10:30:56 AM »

well, look who the judge is.  no surprise there.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
DennisD
House Bee

Catchin' the latest buzz

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2008, 03:58:31 PM »

He is lucky he had fame and money and draws a press crowd, otherwise the cops in FL would have done a tap-dance on his head as he repeatedly and accidentally fell down a flight of stairs and met "Bubba Doinkmore" in a drop the soap shower session in the pokey.
Moonshae
Field Bee

« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2008, 09:11:18 PM »

I worry that if OJ could get off murder, then this scumbag can get off too.

OJ got away with murder, but he's going to prison now for kidnapping and various other charges, so he got his comeuppance, albeit a bit late.

"The mouth of a perfectly contented man is filled with beer." - Egyptian Proverb, 2200 BC
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next