Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 20, 2014, 05:09:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: slicker than snot!  (Read 1488 times)
kathyp
Universal Bee

« on: January 21, 2008, 01:22:00 PM »

since we have had some 'slippery slope' conversations, i thought i'd toss this one in.  FULL DISCLOSURE:  conservative site. conservative commentary.  conservative poster posting conservative stuff  smiley

http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewCommentary.asp?Page=/Commentary/archive/200801/COM20080121c.html

really, since there are so many on here from CA, i was wondering what you all think about this?

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2008, 05:45:12 PM »

First off I have to say I love Walter E. Williams.

Second off, this should strike fear into every single beating heart:

Some people might agree with this level of government control over their lives,

I am screaming in my head "Are they out of their frickin' minds??!?" but the logical, calm side of me is nodding her head and acknowledging that the sheeple in this country are going to all think this is a grand plan.  Just leave me alone and let me get through Superbowl Sunday.  rolleyes

I've said it over and over here - I am horribly afraid for the United States of America.

(edited to fix spelling)

- Ann, A Gardening Beek -  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Click for Hanson, Massachusetts Forecast" border="0" height="150" width="256
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2008, 05:53:16 PM »

That article has got chills running down my spine.
Reinbeau,Ithought the word sheople was a typo in your post but now I see it was well intentioned.
When will this craziness be enough for a revolt???
    Jerry?    Big brother will be monitoring the electric circuits in your home and take your generator away because it wouldn't be fair to use your own electric!!
annette
Galactic Bee

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2008, 06:02:11 PM »

Next will be the regulation of toilet paper.

Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2008, 07:01:52 PM »

Jerry?    Big brother will be monitoring the electric circuits in your home and take your generator away because it wouldn't be fair to use your own electric!!

Are you talking to me?

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2008, 07:12:18 PM »

Yep!!
My home already has an automated meter that I can check my usage day by day over the internet.
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2008, 07:21:45 PM »

I, and others like me, have been preaching for years about how the government wants to micro manage everybody. And everybody looks at me like I'm talking about alien abduction.... you know  rolleyes

And now that this global warming thing has hit the fan, it is no surprise that they will do that and have the blessing of all those..... I guess I will stick with sheeple. But there are other words I could use.

You ain't seen nothin' yet.

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
johnnybigfish
Super Bee

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2008, 07:35:12 PM »

I had a driver come to pick up a load of scrap metal recently.
 During a conversation he mentioned he wouldnt own a cell phone so i asked "why not?"
 I should've known better.....But, what he told me really is the truth.
 Like Big Brother in 1984, the govt.(and other people we dont know about) know EVERYTHING we do pretty much nowadays!
 Cells phones now have GPS....Although, as seen in the movies, the CIA types can find us by tracking our phone signal!..So much for running away and keeping in touch with family and friends.Not to mention having our conversations listened to.
 Our bank accounts can be monitored and our spending, if using checks and debit cards, can be accounted for right down to the penny.
 Our activities and interests are no secrets if we have internet service.
"THEY" can profile us by seeing what we watch on TV!  Are we watching "Gardening by the Yard" or "Free Speech TV"?
 Credit cards let THEM know what we've been buying. Maybe I'm buying lots of cement, lumber, and lead sheets..Could that be an underground shelter?..Or maybe i've become a gun collector since I went to "Academy" and picked up a few assault rifles and 5000 rounds of ammo, or maybe not.....
  Oh yeh,....Whats with this guy buying 100 lbs of sugar every week?...He must be making liquor!! What else could he BEE doing with it??

Cant get away with anything anymore if you research it on the net.
  Ok,...I gotta blog now..Its my new way of TELLING everybody what I'm up to!!!

your friend,
john

buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2008, 07:42:12 PM »

Jerry,
I couldn't agree with you more.The cashless society ,electronic bank transfers,gps in cars.How about GMs onstar tracking where ever you go. Many cars computers keep record of how fast you have driven and if your seatbelt has been hooked up.Get in an accident and the insurance company can pull out all the data they want. oddly enough even though it's your car you are not allowed to see the data stored there.I think the best thing a person could do is destroy the body control module in a car if in an accident.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2008, 11:34:18 PM »

don't forget about those cards that the grocery stores give you to get points.  even if you pay cash, if you use that card there is a record of all that you bought.  that's why i have so m any shares in the company that chips people and stuff.  no profit yet, but only a matter of time!

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Understudy
Galactic Bee

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2008, 12:49:10 AM »

I very much disagree with the idea of government control of my thermostat. However I very much disagree with states that claim water rights and don't allow residents to have rain barrels or cisterns like Colorado. Yet Colorado has been claiming water rights for a long time and they get away with it.

If they can control the water they can control your thermostat.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible
indypartridge
Queen Bee

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2008, 09:02:16 AM »

My thermostat works like this: if I'm cold, I put on a sweater; if I'm very cold, I fire up the woodstove. Last Saturday it was 8 degrees F (-13 C). I was outside sweating, splitting firewood. It splits much easier in frigid temps.

And Brendhan, I was appalled when I learned awhile back that it's illegal to have rain barrels in Colorado. It's outrageous that the gov't can claim to own rain.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next