Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 30, 2014, 07:53:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat(1)  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Waxing Gibbous - 80% of full -- here we go again  (Read 721 times)
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« on: January 18, 2008, 08:48:08 AM »

So, weather watching, always weather watching.  It is cold outside -2 C (28F), the sky is pretty clear.  The full moon coming on in a couple of days.  The weather network is calling for 5 cm of snow tonight, eeeks!!!!  We have had so many snowfalls this year, I know I can't count them on my hand.  This is the strangest thing, we are not in the snow area, we are supposed to be that rainy climate.  Rain, yes, we have had lots of that too, and of course that brings the more temperate weather.  But the snow.....that is another story.

So, after the snow that we are to get tonight, tomorrow they are calling for rain, light rain.  And then.....Sunday, all through the week, clearing skies and I actually see the sun icon on the weather forecasting with a little cloud at the bottom of it.  That could mean anything. But, as I suspect, the full moon, clearing skies.  Been seeing this for years now.  And pretty accurately during the days before and after the full moon, I can expect those beautiful sunny days.  Not that it will be warm. This time of year, when the sun shines, it is cold and the nights are, of course, even more cold.  Oh well, the daylight is lengthening, we have at least 1/2 hour of more daylight at the end of the day.  And this brings great relief to my soul.  I know spring is comin', just around the corner.

I saw the Varied Thrush yesterday.  I had only heard it, now it has come to my bird feeder to feed.  This is a beautiful bird and its song is even more beautiful.  The first sign of the darkness of winter going by the wayside.

I also heard the "ceasar" whistle of the black-capped chickadee -- and so did my youngest Grandson.  He was so excited he asked if he could take the scoop outside to spread for the birds, so he could see them come down to feed.  I have told him that all these birds watch for me in the morning to bring them their breakfast and he wanted to see them for his own eyes.  Yes, he spread the food and the birds came.  He asked me is the birds liked me.  I told him yes.  They love me.  They know that I bring them food for their day every morning.  This made him smile.  And we watched the birds come, and then off to school he went, knowing that he had helped a few birds to have that wonderful day, just like we were going to have, and this is my wish for you all, have that wonderful and beautiful day, with good health.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2008, 09:41:11 AM »

The weather network is calling for 5 cm of snow tonight, eeeks!!!!
Cindi, you're kidding, right?  A little over an inch gets an eeeks!!!!  rolleyes evil

We're supposed to get an arctic blast this weekend, the middle of the country is going below zero but around here our lows will be in the lower 20's.  That's somewhere around -5° for you Celsius folks - which brings on a bit of a rant.  Your scale isn't calibrated properly.  22°F is just not as cold sounding as -5°C (and truly the 20's around here is just a normal winter temperature), and 30°C just doesn't describe how hot 86°F actually is!  I prefer Fahrenheit, it's far more descriptive.

- Ann, A Gardening Beek -  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Click for Hanson, Massachusetts Forecast" border="0" height="150" width="256
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2008, 09:56:13 AM »

Ann, ha, you are a funneeee girl.  5 cm is actually more like 2 inches (2.3 cm to an inch, or so).  Yes.....for us that is horrible.  We are in the rainforest of B.C.  Come on, you know that and yes temperatures below 32 F (I will speak in F for you, hee hee), is a hardship for me.  I don't like the freeze, not one little bit, and am not used to it.  We are rain and cloud.  We eat, live and breath this.

I love the Fahrenheit scale.  I grew up on that.  It was just so many years ago this country converted to metric.  Now.  I still equate the temperatures in F in my mind, I much more prefer that.  My children don't have a clue what Imperial means.

But when it comes to liquid volumes or measurement, I think that metric is more accurate and easier.  1/2 inch, 1/4 inch, 1/8 inch, 1/16 inch, that is hard to measure, try the metric, you would like it (hee, hee).

Well, off to go and cook all these wonderful dudes their breakfast and get them ready for that day at school.  Yea!!!  Peace and quiet in about one hour and twenty minutes.  The day is mine.  Then I go and let the Richard, the chickens and ducks out of their night house and say good morning to them.  They are always to happy to see me, they love me, hee, hee,  Wink Smiley Smiley  Have the best of a wonderful day.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2008, 10:26:20 PM »

My wife told me she had everything she wanted so couldn't tell me what to get her for Christmas.  A few days later I came back and told her that I had gotten her something completely worthless but entertaining.  On Christmas she opened up 3 packages from me;  Package 1 contained 2 bird feeders full of seeds, Pakage 2 contained a humming bird feeder with extra nectar packettes (she's not the do it yourself type) and Package 3 had a wireless weather station.  She now stands at the kitchen sink and watches the birds feed, can glance over and get a instant read out on temps (inside & out), wind chill, wind speed, and wind direction along with humidy. 

If the batteries fail in the weather station or the feeders get low I hear about it pronto.  She agrees that the presents were very entertaining. We've even had Red Winged Black Birds feasting at our feeders--it's a little early for those and seeing them this soon surprised me.

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2008, 10:43:07 PM »

Brian, well I think that your Wife is a lucky woman, look at the things that she got!!!!  And...to top it all off, I bet you go and fix it all up again so that she can keep watching and be a happy woman.  Beautiful.  I haven't seen the red-winged blackbirds yet, I usually hear their call before I see a visual though, not yet, but soon, very soon.  If you are seeing them, then I too should pretty quickly.  Oh the beauties of the spring time forthcoming.  Have an awesome day.  Cindi

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next