Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
November 28, 2014, 09:42:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat(1)  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PLEASE close the door!!!  (Read 1320 times)
asprince
Super Bee

« on: January 02, 2008, 05:19:40 PM »

You Canadians have left the door open. One of those "Canadian Clippers" has brought some COLD weather to the south! We will see temperatures dip into the teens tonight and I don't even want to talk about the wind!
So, please close the door, you are letting the cold in.

Sitting by the fire, Steve 

Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resembalance to the first. - Ronald Reagan
pdmattox
Queen Bee

« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2008, 06:54:45 PM »

Same here, I think I'm moving down to south florida.

Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2008, 06:55:23 PM »

What are you complaining about, I get Canadian Clippers all the time.  When I'm not getting weather from Canada I get it from Hawaii, which we call the Pineapple Express.  One brings cold, the other lots of rain.  When the two hit here together it's called an FEMA event.
Just had one that almost washed away the lower half of the western side of the state.  Thanks to the Coast Guard, Navy, Army, and Air Force, we had a lot of helicopters picking stranded people off of roofs in the middle of the night because the creek was a quarter mile (or more) away when they went to bed and the water lapping at the bed posts was what woke them up.

Got to give to the Armed Forces--They save out butts every day.

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
asprince
Super Bee

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2008, 07:40:07 PM »

I will second that on the Armed Forces!

Steve

Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resembalance to the first. - Ronald Reagan
PerryBee
New Bee

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2008, 10:32:54 AM »

Stern Stuff !!! It's a balmy -15 C ( 6 F ) today ( Noon ) maybe I'll put a jacket on and go out and check the hives,lol . Does that door close both ways? We seem to be getting a lot more of your hurricanes coming up this way as of late.
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2008, 11:42:12 AM »

Wah, wah, wah, I didn't leave any door open, hee, hee  cheesy Smiley  My children around here do though, blame them  Sad Smiley Besides, the weather has warmed up, we are sitting about +7 celsius (44 F), just rain, and now wind.

Brian sounds like there was some bad stuff going on down there.  I am glad of the people that rescue people, these people are the wonders of our world, have a great day, Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2008, 07:01:21 PM »

The low temp this morning was 3.8°F but it rose to a blistering 32.5°F this afternoon.  Break out the air conditioners!  evil 

It's supposed to moderate over the weekend, unfortunately we're going to the 50's next week (they were saying 60's, we'll see).  I say unfortunately because these fluctuations aren't good for my gardens - or our bees  Sad

- Ann, A Gardening Beek -  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Click for Hanson, Massachusetts Forecast" border="0" height="150" width="256
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2008, 11:45:17 PM »

Ann, ya I know what you're sayin'.  Temp fluctuations are not good, too bad they just couldn't regulate themselves to be only a degree or two.  Beautiful day, Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
Understudy
Galactic Bee

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2008, 08:09:25 PM »

Same here, I think I'm moving down to south florida.

Anytime.  grin

Sincerely,
Brendhan

The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next