Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 02, 2014, 12:42:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat(1)  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Our wind storm coming this way  (Read 1567 times)
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« on: January 04, 2008, 11:38:00 AM »

Oh brother.  I wonder if Annette sent the wind storm up here.  We are having enormous gusts of wind, it was howling so loud it scared our scaredy cat Kooder off into my bedroom to seek refuge and safety on our bed, oh brother!!!!  I won't be surprised to see yet another power outage.  That one that lasted from 2:30 boxing day morning until 9:00 the next night was enough for me this year.  Don't need another one.  Our transformer even went on our furnace then.  So even though power came back on, we only had cold air blowing from the furnace, it was a dark and cold couple of days.  Eeeks!!!!  Have a great day, Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
abejaruco
Field Bee

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2008, 04:04:30 PM »

to seek refuge and safety on our bed

Ohhh, the bed...so warm, offering its fresh fruits... grin

I want one storm of these!
annette
Galactic Bee

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2008, 06:59:56 PM »

Cindi,

I think we are through the worst of it now. Bad winds all day, but although much of Placerville had outages, I still  have my electricity.(so far!!)

I think the winds should die down now, and just rain, rain, rain. I can handle that.

Good luck to you up there.

annette
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2008, 07:52:16 PM »

just talked to my folks.  they are not so far from annette.  they have not had power since noon.  wind is kicking up here, but  not so bad yet.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2008, 09:05:20 PM »

Hey, West Coasters, they say the worst of the storm series is still to come.  Reaches from S. Alaska to Baja C.  Wake me when the blows over.

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2008, 11:12:43 PM »

Well, nothing came of the storm.  The wind gusts stopped, it rained and rained, cleared up partly, rained some more, cleared up, the wind is not strong, but is present.  It is very warm outside, right now it is +9 C, quite nice.  Brian, I hope that you are not right about the forecast of more storms to come, hee, hee.  Have a great and wonderful night and day.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
annette
Galactic Bee

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2008, 12:44:39 PM »

[quote Ohhh, the bed...so warm, offering its fresh fruits... grin/quote]

Abejaruco,

With a statement like this, no wonder you have a La Nina on the way!!!!

Blushing
Annette
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2008, 01:49:25 PM »

annette!!!!   grin

called my folks this am.  still no power.  PGE says "please leave a message and we'll get back to you".....right.

they are out in the sticks.  could be a couple of days for them......

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
annette
Galactic Bee

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2008, 06:59:51 PM »

We drove into town and still many people around here with no power or phones. There were wind gusts up to 70-80 in the Sacramento Valley and surrounding areas.

This was a bad one. Hope they get the power on soon KathyP

Sincerely
Annette
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2008, 11:53:09 PM »

Kathy, I hope all fares well with your parents.  These storms are nothing to sneeze at, any poor souls that have to deal with loss of power in these cold and dark winter days have got a terrible challenge on their hands.  Power outages for days at a time is a terrible hardship for so many people.  My heart goes out to them all.  Best of a great day.  Cindi

Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2008, 10:18:58 PM »

Tomorrow we are suppose to have 25 to 30 MPH winds and gust up to 45 mph. So we will probably have 35 to 40 mph winds and 55 mph gust.

And it isn't even March yet. We aren't suppose to have these dusty conditions until March.

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2008, 07:14:49 PM »

My prediction didn't come true. We only got 29 mph sustained winds and gust up to 38. (so says the weather page)

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next