aka another chapter in my redneck transformation. :lol:
I received a call about some bees in a sophet. I have removed bees before from sophets it is a lot of work. I was also told that these are high up. More work. It was a log cabin type home.
Sophet? On a log cabing type home. Lots of work and ugly messes and holes left behind.
Now I had another member of our beekeeping organization want to get these bees but his schedule got backed up and he didn't do a survey.
I went out and boy oh boy is this going to be fun. The bees are on the outside hanging down from the sophet. Much less work.
They are hanging from the sophet of the second story roof and the main roof is sheet metal with hex screws at a very steep incline.
A boom lift would be perfect except his property is on such an incline that i would not be able to get the lift level for it to work. I needed a way to secure myself under the beehive and not drill holes into his roof. That would be bad.
So I built a stand and secured it to the "siding" with 2.5" wood screws. It took me the better part of the day to build it and secure it . I also did some weight testing to make sure it would hold my big butt.
Now the fun part is it had rained the night before so the roof was a great slide and building it and putting it up there without breaking my neck was lots of fun, depending on how you view fun.
Also the window was locked because they had to go to work. So I couldn't use the window.
Since it took the better part of the day and I had to fly back to Salt Lake. I could not remove the bees but next weekend. I will be there. Getting the bees to make final sign offs on their new lease agreement and relocation.
Pictures are clickable:
Apologies for the poor quality of the photos but the sun was at a horrible angle and I was a bit more concerned about not breaking my neck. :-D