Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 22, 2014, 10:32:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TSA thieves  (Read 10244 times)
Rogerm
New Bee

« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2007, 07:57:20 PM »

kathyp

Does my honey test positive for explosives?

Maybe this is how they can train bees to sniff out explosives.
Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2007, 08:04:16 PM »

If things can be stolen, things can be added to suitcases. This is not a safe airport. National security is at stake. Thats the news angle.

Exactly.  I like the idea of the way SLC handled the situation over how most of the other Airports are doing--they must have a TSA representative with a bit of horse sense there.  BTW, most of the screening is done by contract emplyees and they're not directly employed by the TSA--which just adds to the whole asinine mess.

People need to start hollering very loadly--this it's for your own safety excuse just lulls people into being complacent.  I tell them I'm fully capable of defending myself so if they's just get out of the way everything will be fine.  Call me crotchety but even with a cane and wheelchair I believe I can still handle myself better than having to reply on some one else.  I've been through the mill enough to know I can still disarm a gunman before he can fire his weapon if I'm close enough and who considers an old man in a wheelchair with a cane a menace?

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
Zoot
House Bee

« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2007, 10:04:03 PM »

Rogerm,

Believe it or not, it's already been done.
annette
Galactic Bee

« Reply #43 on: December 14, 2007, 10:33:22 PM »

That article about the guy drinking the vodka and getting sick. Well at least they let him drink the vodka. My husband went through security and forgot to empty his water bottle. They wanted to take it from him. He wanted the bottle (what can I say, he liked that bottle) so he tried to drink whatever water was left in it so he could keep the bottle. They would not let him drink the water and ended up taking the bottle from him. He was not happy about this. What could possibly be the reason for not letting him drink the water???
Understudy
Galactic Bee

« Reply #44 on: December 15, 2007, 09:37:15 AM »

That article about the guy drinking the vodka and getting sick. Well at least they let him drink the vodka. My husband went through security and forgot to empty his water bottle. They wanted to take it from him. He wanted the bottle (what can I say, he liked that bottle) so he tried to drink whatever water was left in it so he could keep the bottle. They would not let him drink the water and ended up taking the bottle from him. He was not happy about this. What could possibly be the reason for not letting him drink the water???
Because it might not be water. It could be vodka.  grin

The saga (soap opera) continues.

I am home.

I have Utahbee's honey. Smiley Sitting next to mine. Sad

The jar made it through to home without blowing up one thing.  Wink

I fly up Monday. My wife flies up Saturday. Maybe I will stick it in my wife's bag and label it with something silly.

I have cutout's to do.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #45 on: December 15, 2007, 10:48:39 AM »

grin Specimen for Doctor  shocked

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
Understudy
Galactic Bee

« Reply #46 on: December 26, 2007, 07:20:26 PM »

Well today I received the Honey I am planning to give Scott from the post office.
The piece of comb honey in it is broken into little pieces, but I don't think that will affect the taste. I have to work late tonight. Hopefully tomorrow I can run by Scott.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible
LocustHoney
House Bee

« Reply #47 on: December 27, 2007, 08:08:13 AM »

This has got to be the best thread I have read since joining. Mystery,intrigue,espionage,brushes with the law!!!!! Who knew beekeeping had so many possibilities???
Old Timer
House Bee

« Reply #48 on: December 27, 2007, 12:07:06 PM »

Now if only we could get them to steal that aggravating avatar of yours which probably pleases no one but yourself.... What's the number for the internet police? I wish I knew a way to stop the movement on those things.
Scadsobees
Galactic Bee

Best use of smileys in a post award.

« Reply #49 on: December 27, 2007, 01:38:26 PM »

Now if only we could get them to steal that aggravating avatar of yours which probably pleases no one but yourself.... What's the number for the internet police? I wish I knew a way to stop the movement on those things.
Firefox with the adblock plugin. Worked like a charm, no more roving eyes. grin

Rick
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #50 on: December 28, 2007, 10:30:32 AM »

Old Timer, hee, haw!!!  Ya I know what you mean about Brendhan's roving eyes, hee, hee.

Rick, now that was the weirdest thing.  Brendhan's eye has always caught my eye too, little pun here.  When you mentioned in this prior post about Mozilla's ad-blok plug-in, I noticed that his eyeball wasn't roving anymore.  I don't know if that was sudden (how did it happen anyways), or I just never noticed that his eyeball has stopped roving.  But his eyeball is not now roving.  (Actually, maybe it was a Firefox update), but I am sure I saw his eyeball doing the rove yesterday, hee, hee, goodbye Brendhan's roving eye.  Have the best of days.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
Carriage House Farm
House Bee

« Reply #51 on: December 28, 2007, 10:46:01 AM »

This is classic....

Richard Stewart
Carriage House Farm
North Bend, Ohio

An Ohio Century Farm
Old Timer
House Bee

« Reply #52 on: December 28, 2007, 12:52:31 PM »

The best Christmas present I got this year was from Scadsobees when he told me about that plugin. I'm glad I have and use Mozilla Firefox or I'd probably never know what it was. I installed the plugin and had to restart my computer to complete the installation. When the computer came back on I came back to this site and with my fingers crossed came back to this thread. OH WHAT A GLORIOUS DAY!!! NO MORE CREEPY EYE MOVING AROUND!!!! YEAH!!! THANK YOU SCADSOBEES!!!! Maybe I might go back and read some posts from JP and Brendhan now since their avatars no longer move. YEAH!!!
Scadsobees
Galactic Bee

Best use of smileys in a post award.

« Reply #53 on: December 28, 2007, 02:47:00 PM »

Now I just have to get rid of that picture of the black statue which looks suggestively semi-naked or something  tongue

Rick
UtahBees
House Bee

« Reply #54 on: December 28, 2007, 03:14:45 PM »

The TSA honey has ARRIVED!

Many thanks to Brendhan and his wife, we can close a chapter on the TSA honey gone missing. Last night Understudy came over and delivered his last jar of beautiful honey before heading back to the East Coast. Take a look:

So, this morning I captured it in the daylight so all of you can see how beautiful it is:

The honey is very smooth, sweet and has a distinct new taste for me that almost makes it also sour (?) I hope that's an accurate description, but in short, it's YUMMY!

With all of the honey swapping I've been doing, I sure have a lot of honey to eat over the next few months!

Happy New Year everyone!

UtahBees (Scott)

KONASDAD
Super Bee

« Reply #55 on: December 28, 2007, 03:31:38 PM »

So in the end, "postage" was about $1000/pound? Happy you finally have your honey and thanx for your honey as well. Happy holidays gang.

"The more complex the Mind, the Greater the need for the simplicity of Play".
johnnybigfish
Super Bee

« Reply #56 on: December 28, 2007, 05:27:04 PM »

Ship another jar and lets see what happens!
your friend,
john

UtahBees
House Bee

« Reply #57 on: December 28, 2007, 05:28:58 PM »

Ship another jar and lets see what happens!
your friend,
john

Well, the jar was taken at the airport, not through the mail. Brendhan already took one of my jars home and didn't run into problems, so... I think it was an overzealous TSA agent.

JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!

« Reply #58 on: December 28, 2007, 05:36:38 PM »

What's wrong with a little roving? That black statue scares me.

Sincerely, JP

"Good friends are as sweet as honey" Winne the Pooh

My pictures can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

My website JPthebeeman.com http://www.jpthebeeman.com/jpthebeeman/
annette
Galactic Bee

« Reply #59 on: December 28, 2007, 06:22:47 PM »

I have been following this thread and I am so happy it ended like this. What a wonderful photo of Brendhan and Scott.

Did that TSA agent ever get scolded??

Annette
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next